It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stain or Stein just got real interesting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

My opinion is that nothing is happening. I don't buy into the ME whatsoever. I'm not going to call you names or tell you your memories are wrong, because clearly they aren't. It's the others that have had too much Kool-Aid. I posted those questions on the mechanics to show how outlandish the "theory" is. My opinion of course. I question those that are open to it, at least after they've been scrutinized about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If only I knew what? That you remember the correct spelling?

You just said you do.

I'm not here to make fun of you, but you are saying you remember the spelling correctly.

It's 'Berenstein' that ME believers claim is what they remember in a different timeline.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

That's a fine stance to take. I wouldn't expect anyone not experiencing it to believe me, I didn't then and I don't now. I appreciate you trying to understand however instead of just saying "You are wrong".

I am telling you however, this is fact and has happened. Good luck ya'll, have a good day.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: subfab

until just recently (the ATS threads changed my mind) i thought it was spelled 'stein'.

That is good, until TODAY it was spelled STEIN in between being STAIN during the 80's.

Now YOU have to decide if your memory is bad, or if something weird has happened. I don't say that as accusatory, I just can't even believe this is happening.

i think i remember it wrong.
it wouldn't be the first time i mis-read something.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am utterly confused. I don't know what you think I might think you're wrong about. The only thing I see that has happened was morons ridiculed you for standing your ground in regards to what you remember about the spelling. Now today you are vindicated. Let's be real though, those hardcore Mandelites are still going to ridicule no matter how much evidence against their beliefs are brought to the table.

For the record, I remember it as 'Berenstein'. I also recognize I was a child the last time I had anything to do with those bears. Another thing too, like I mentioned (and like your pic in the OP shows) in some places it did get spelled Berenstein.

So it really should be a non issue one way or the other. No crazy theories involved.

Have a good one too, fellow traveler.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I admit, I am confused, too. The OP seems to recall the correct spelling of the name and, for whatever reason, he finds that "hilarious."

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

How is a photoshopped picture making things interesting? I see nothing to suggest the image is real and came from the store that way.
edit on 17-9-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You just said you do.

I'm not here to make fun of you, but you are saying you remember the spelling correctly.

It's 'Berenstein' that ME believers claim is what they remember in a different timeline.

OP is saying they grew up in a BerenstAIN universe. They then shifted to a BerenstEIN universe, and have now shifted back to a BerenstAIN universe.

I think ...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

lol...

Ok, then.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You just said you do.

OP is saying they grew up in a BerenstAIN universe. They then shifted to a BerenstEIN universe, and have now shifted back to a BerenstAIN universe.

I think ...

I wouldn't use the term shifted, because it implies I know how it happened. Otherwise that is precisely what I am saying has happened.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Look, some evidence their skin color changed.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

You are wrong, 1000% wrong, but I am glad to hear you say it anyway.

This is the quickest proof I could find but I am certain that there is more just in my posting history alone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Halfway down the first page I mention that I know for sure 100% that STEIN is "wrong". If I was "right" why would I be making the thread, and why wouldn't anyone point out that I was "right"?

I have posts going back 7 years at least of me stating that I am from "STAIN" reality for a lack of a better term, and if I was right all along why wouldn't people have pointed that out during that time?

I am not trying to convince you, I don't care what you believe because you will obviously never understand. This is for the people that will understand precisely what I am saying, and a glorious day it shall be for all of us.

AndyMayhew listed several WRONG ME beliefs.

(And, as an aside, are the people who remember Mandela dying, Berenstein Bears, NZ being further north, etc, all the same - do they all remember the same differences? Or are they separate groups?

You agreed with him that stein was wrong. Why would anyone say anything else at that point? You just posted a thread from you that is absolute proof nothing changed. It was Stain when you made that post, it's Stain today.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You just said you do.

I think ...

I wouldn't use the term shifted, because it implies I know how it happened. Otherwise that is precisely what I am saying has happened.

I mean it's completely wrong, as you already proved with your thread proving nothing has changed or shifted, but you can believe what you want, that's the beauty of America.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

When did the timelines shift for you? IOW, when did it change to 'Berenstein' and when did it change back to 'Berenstain.'

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Further evidence some products shipped with incorrect spelling.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Assuming (big assumption) that the photograph attached to the OP hasn't simply been 'shopped, this actually proves the point so commonly made perfectly.

The unique script at the top is the official, trademarked representation of the products. The tag below was created by hand by a human subject to the common error of Berenstein.

A most common phrase in English that perpetuates this: beer stein.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You're all wrong, it was barestain bears. Jeez

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Everyone can be right when you cite Mandela Effect.

That's how I know you're wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I also am a child of the 80s, right from the start, I had most likely 85% of the bernstein bears collection, among other things, serendipity books too ( they taught morals and such ( good read )). I have always spelled and said " Bernstein Bears " but also know I have made up my own lyrics to songs when I heard one thing but it's really another word. Then you have the issue that stein and stain can be said phonetically the same if not very very similar.

Google 's Phonetic Saying of Stein

Google's Phonetic Saying of Stain

I've easily come to the conclusion that, it's inside the same family of english language quirks like " Tomato, Tomatoe " or " The sounding like " The or Thee " " and many others, the english language in general is a mess of opinion on some concepts and a widely accepted standard for the majority.

Now if this was all about it being " Berny Bears " or something a little more different, then we would have this other merit to talk about some spookiness going on, however, stain and stein are EXTREMELY close, that as a bad speller still, I can easily see how we'd both misspell it or say it let alone remember it as such...

If we think our Oceans have yet to be explored, But Space is even more unexplored, I'd have to say that our Minds on a metaphysical level, are even less understood.

-----

An thinking about Alternate Realities, as I ponder it,

It would make more sense for not there to be multiple realities as in many earth's, and physical objects, but for us to have many perceptions of reality...

edit on 17-9-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Project Looking Glass
Los Alamos National Laboratory
permalink.lanl.gov...:lanl-repo/lareport/LA-UR-82-5213
http://(nolink)/pdf/PROJECT_AQUARIUS_DOCUMENT.pdf

www.thelivingmoon.com...
edit on 17-9-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join