It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we live in a simulation: who or what is our Creator?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Nothin

Of course your concept is possible, but it is just one possibility, among an infinite ocean of possibilities.

You went all down around the corner into the parking lot with your reply. Time is one way forward at the pace of time.

Show me proof this isn't so.

Multiverse is still one Universe.

What are these limitations that you assume about time?

What do you need proof of? And why?

Sorry but the endless possibilities of the Multiverse theory, contain the possibility that they are not all within one universe, and any other of infinite amount of possibilities.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: AlienOutlaw
If this life is a simulation I'd really enjoy five minutes in a locked room with the jerk who wrote the program.

What would you do, if you discovered that you were the only one in the room?

What would you do if you woke up in a Matrix Bathtub?

Would probably wonder how it happened. (If it's a meme: didn't get it.)

Matrix Bathtub

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: trutel
there is no simulation

You don't know that. You just believe it.

It seems that it can't be proven that we are in a simulation, nor can it be proven that we are not in one.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Because In simulations the only one hurt is the one who fails the simulation and that mentally or psychically.

Like flying in a simulator and failing at landing causing the plane to crash. The only one hurt is the heart of theone operating the machine only metal paininvolved. But if you take a knife and stick it in your eye and it hurts, it is not a failure of a simulation, it is a reality that is evident in a physical wound.

Don't be lied to this world is real and not a simulation or illusion. If it were an simulation/illusion nothing would hurt if it failed.

But because someone feels pain whether it be a simulated flying program resulting in mental/psychic trauma or a knife in the hand resulting in physical trauma it is still a reality and not a simulation.

No one controls you and you are not in a simulation. this is the only life you get and where you spend the after life depends on the decision of one person that was in this reality with you and at his time. Find him and you are found lose him and you are lost.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Nope it is impossible because it doens't fit reality only fantasy.

Seek reality and forget about all else.

This life is a real as it gets and you have no other after this. So seek and choose rightly your eternity depends on it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yes CJ: perfectly understand what you are saying. These are the common base arguments that have come to every discussion of the possibility of simulations, since the discussion started.

You are married to some assumptions, that close doors to some possibilities.
These assumptions are not truths, but opinions and beliefs.
The level of contemplation proposed in this thread, is BEYOND opinions and beliefs.

It's ok: this scene has been played-out many times, and we will never convince the other of our opinions.
Because they are opinions, and not known truths.

But just one question: In your flight simulator; does the plane and tarmac receive damage, at the same level as the pilot's psyche?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Nope it is impossible because it doens't fit reality only fantasy.

Seek reality and forget about all else.

This life is a real as it gets and you have no other after this. So seek and choose rightly your eternity depends on it.

Well: we all have our fantasies.
We seem to have different subjective realities, and views on eternity.
So thanks for the advice, and we'll see how things go down.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

What are these limitations that you assume about time? What do you need proof of? And why?

Now dummies up. You demanded proof that time 'marches on', I said prove it doesn't. Better yet, show me proof it has ever been changed, ever.

Make the clock jump one second forward or back, do it while Im watching here, then get back to me.

Sorry but the endless possibilities of the Multiverse theory, contain the possibility that they are not all within one universe, and any other of infinite amount of possibilities.

You deny the obvious. No matter how many "Multis" you put into "verse" there are all still in one Universe.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienOutlaw
If this life is a simulation I'd really enjoy five minutes in a locked room with the jerk who wrote the program.

What would you do, if you discovered that you were the only one in the room?

What would you do if you woke up in a Matrix Bathtub?

Would probably wonder how it happened. (If it's a meme: didn't get it.)

Matrix Bathtub

We wake up from our "Matrix style" bathtub when we 'pass on'. Just like we woke up from the water filled womb when we were born.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

[quoteDon't be lied to this world is real and not a simulation or illusion. If it were an simulation/illusion nothing would hurt if it failed.

Is this what we are reduced to? Young people living at home that nothing bad ever happened to?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

What are these limitations that you assume about time? What do you need proof of? And why?

Now dummies up. You demanded proof that time 'marches on', I said prove it doesn't. Better yet, show me proof it has ever been changed, ever.

Make the clock jump one second forward or back, do it while Im watching here, then get back to me.

You deny the obvious. No matter how many "Multis" you put into "verse" there are all still in one Universe.

What do you need to "dummy-up" for?

Didn't demand proof of anything.
Either: expressed myself poorly, you misunderstood, or you are confusing me with another poster who demanded some sort of proof from you on page 2 or 3.

Pffft: one lousy second? Will change it one whole hour!!!!
On November 5th, at 2AM your local time, watch in amazement as the clock on your computer will magically jump back to 1AM.

Anyways: there are plenty of examples of time alteration, if one just opens their mind, and let's-go of preconceived notions.
Time Dilation; Relativity; entangled particles; game-time within a video game; unconsciousness; sleep...

There are multiple meanings for "universe": Universe

When discussion Multiverses: you may see them as separate spheres of experience.
Again using the definition of universe: before new things are discovered, they are outside of the known universe.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I knew this music and artistic style looked familiar. We must be in the expansion.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Here for the viewing pleasure of all, is Nick Bostrom, explaining his simulation argument:

Here: Elon Musk extends that idea, to surmise that the chance that we are in a real universe, and not in a simulation, is only one in billions"

Some very compelling arguments indeed, by folks whom are smarter than both of us put together.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Comment was directed at you.

Anyways: there are plenty of examples of time alteration, if one just opens their mind, and let's-go of preconceived notions.
Time Dilation; Relativity; entangled particles; game-time within a video game; unconsciousness; sleep...

Perception is subjective, not proof.

If you think sleep 'alters' time, this conversation is over.

Go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Comment was directed at you.

Perception is subjective, not proof.

If you think sleep 'alters' time, this conversation is over.

Go back to sleep.

Painfully clear that you have nothing to offer, but argumentativeness.
Thanks.
Bye.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join