It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California introduces bill forcing presidential candidates to release taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Oh well, to hell with Kaliforniaski, they don't count anyway it is locked up liberal land so why would a candidate waste time or money there pretending any vote counts from there. Bernie couldn't even get a fair shake there.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Well then, keep drinking their kool-aid, they have plenty of it for you. It doesn't take long to spend a billion dollars in their world. Please pass the caviar before we land in our private jet, hopefully the limos are on time, yep billions.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: opecz

The text of the bill is here.

My immediate takeaways:

1.) This law would not impose the requirement on write-in candidates. So voters could just write in Trump's name if they want to vote for him and he doesn't release his tax returns.

2.) Trump can just give the California SoS some fraudulent tax returns. There's no provision requiring a candidate to authorize the IRS to authenticate them and federal law prohibits the IRS from doing so without the consent of the taxpayer.

ETA: The devil in me hopes this passes and #2 is the route Trump goes. What's good for the goose and all.

edit on 9/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Now add all politicians psychological profiles / mental health histories / probably add brain scan testing.

And birth certicicates (real or not obama trolled america for years over that one).

Stock holdings. History of futures speculation. Etc disaster capitalism (investments in potential disasters) metrics.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Templeton

If you are in California and you are not a leftist, you should have done that years ago!

Really?

1943-1953 Earl Warren Republican
1953-1959 Goodwin Knight Republican
1967-1975 Ronald Reagan Republican
1983-1991 George Deukmejian Republican
1991-1999 Pete Wilson Republican
2003-2011 Arnold Schwarzenegger Republican

So over the last 75 years, all them damn ''lefties'' have been overwhelmingly voting for Republican governors. And barring the ''love affair'' that many of them seem to have with Pat Brown and his son Jerry, the only other Democrat governor was Gray Davis the only one to not stay for two full terms.

That's interesting. California, who historically voted republican, 6 years ago decided to start voting for democrats? Probably has nothing to do with the flood of illegals that hit the state and voted in elections. Definitely nothing to do with the past administration allowing it to happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Republicans won in California in nearly every presidential election between 1952 and 1988. Now it's Primarily Dems that win here.

There are still many Conservatives and Republicans here in Cali.

So, you're wrong and ignorant about California.

Using childish names like Kaliforiaski won't change that either.

But who cares about the actual truth when keeping your own ignorant bias is so much easier, right.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

That's interesting. California, who historically voted republican, 6 years ago decided to start voting for democrats?

You seem to be confusing gubernatorial elections with presidential elections.
www.270towin.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It probably doesn't have anything to do with illegals and it has been happening since before 6 years ago too.

I know you love the idea that Obama and illegals are the boogey men and all but it's just not the case.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

2012 Presidential was approximately a 60/40 split to the Democrats ... like many States typically split one way or the other.

CA just triggers them.
edit on 16-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No I was talking about governors.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oh. You were just being off topic.
I should have realized. My apologies.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah. California catches a lot of shade from people who know dick about California.

There are plenty of problems in Cali just like everywhere else but the reaction from those on the Right and their hate of everything California is just ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You don't really know me. I don't believe I mentioned Obama, just the past administration but since you did, didn't he basically encourage illegals to vote saying there's no way they could be caught.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: opecz

California has 172 delegates in the GOP primary, so if Trump is to have a chance to be the GOP nominee again in 2020, then he will have to release his taxes.

Trump will be the incumbent. There will not be a GOP primary this time around.

I disagree. There will be one or two challengers contesting the nomination.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

didn't he basically encourage illegals to vote saying there's no way they could be caught.

No, he didn't. He encouraged Latino citizens to vote.
He said that citizens did not have to worry about getting their non-citizen relatives in trouble.

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don’t want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you’re not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school…

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: … who may not have a voice. Who can’t legally vote. But they’re counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

edit on 9/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What difference does it make since you're already wrong about California becoming Democratic in the past 6 years. It's been happening for much longer than that. Well before Obama had anything to do with it.

BTW, I don't have to "really know you" to know if something you said is factually incorrect.
edit on 16-9-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Maybe they should pass a voter ID law to make things a little more transparent too...
edit on 16-9-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Maybe they should pass a voter ID law to make things a little more transparent too...

They do have some voter ID requirements but they are crap.

So much so, that an ineligible voter can register fraudulently, then use their Voter Registration Card as ID at the polls.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I was going off of the quoted information being presented by Terry. I'll admit I'm not a California political historian but You seriously think California's votes is 100% accurate and on the up and up?

I believe candidates should have to release their taxes and get medically cleared before primaries. No arguments there. I just don't think California needs to be stirring anything up until they can prove the integrity of their 2016 election votes and that they're voice in government reflects it's legal citizens.

Call it a sign of the times but mandatory investigations need to be made into voter fraud and into each presidential candidate(financial and medical) in the primaries.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That's exactly how liberals want it. No paper trail, no accountability

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join