It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What law prohibits a meeting with Russian nationals?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Greetings brothers and sisters,

I wanted to ask a question, because I have yet to hear the answer from whomever I ask.

I know that trying to get a foreign government to sway an election has a few laws attached to it, in one way or another.

But, since proving that the president, nor his son, even had successful meetings with Russian nationals seems to be taking so much time; I doubt that proving if they ever intended the foreigner to sway the election in whatever capacity would be illegal would be substantiated.

So- my question is this: what law would have been broken, by a sit down with foreign nationals by a presidential candidate, or someone on his team (way more likely)?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

But, since proving that the president, nor his son, even had successful meetings with Russian nationals........

Uh, no, no such thing has been "proven".

These are the laws Donald Trump Jr. might have broken

Treason. Espionage. Collusion. Criminal Conspiracy. Illegal solicitation of contribution from a foreign national. These are just some of the allegations being thrown around after Donald Trump Jr. released copies of emails detailing the planning of a June 2016 meeting he had with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin on the promise of obtaining dirt on Hillary Clinton.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

so just like the charges against Hillary. Numerous but not anything worth prosecuting.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"" What law prohibits a meeting with Russian nationals? ""

Depends on what any reasonable prosecutor thinks.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so just like the charges against Hillary. Numerous but not anything worth prosecuting.

They are all worth prosecuting, that does not mean they will be.

Hillary and her clan committed crimes mishandling classified information and then lied about it, tried to cover it up and quite possibly caused physical harm to people involved - among other things. They are criminals and deserve justice.

Trump and his clan committed crimes involving treason, colluding with a foreign government and then lied about it and tried to cover it up - among other things. They are criminals and deserve justice.

Why are these two clans constantly pitted against each other and people keep fighting over who committed a bigger crime? They are both crime families, completely apathetic of the people's needs and they both deserve to be removed from public eye and brought to justice.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Bu...bu....bu...but HILLARY!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Partisanship:

Hillary may have done something wrong. lets dig hard to find something somewhere that can be maybe seen as some sort of smoking gun..build up any scrap of evidence that we can make surface

Trump probably did something wrong, lets bury hard and hope no smoking gun comes to the surface..deny and ignore any evidence that surfaces

I have learned the "deny ignorance" crowd cares little for corruption in politics, or even a potential foreign influence in our entire system if it suits their football team. Sickening.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: network dude

They are all worth prosecuting, that does not mean they will be.

Hillary and her clan committed crimes mishandling classified information and then lied about it, tried to cover it up and quite possibly caused physical harm to people involved - among other things. They are criminals and deserve justice.

Trump and his clan committed crimes involving treason, colluding with a foreign government and then lied about it and tried to cover it up - among other things. They are criminals and deserve justice.

Why are these two clans constantly pitted against each other and people keep fighting over who committed a bigger crime? They are both crime families, completely apathetic of the people's needs and they both deserve to be removed from public eye and brought to justice.

I really liked your post. Well written.

The only thing is, if everyone in the government were held accountable for their crimes, there wouldn't be a government.

You ought never to take anything that don't belong to you--if you cannot carry it off.

No matter how healthy a man's morals may be when he enters the White House, he comes out again with a pot-marked soul.

The world will soon be run by Brawndo. Some say it already is.

Twain

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The problem isn't that Trump had folks meeting with foreign assets (not just nationals, assets). Its that it happens so often that whether its against the law or not, nothing can really happen.

Foreign lobbies are ever present in the halls of DC. And no one batted an eye until they wanted to smear Trump. Think about that, and what it means.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There isn't. Even in times of war it is not illegal to meet citizens of a nation that is at war with one's own nation. War is politics between politicians, has nothing to do with civilians who want no part of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Because it has what plants crave.....electrolytes......can you point me to the nearest costco? I want to use their time machine.......

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I think we may be finding out by the end of the year.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well its a little different if they aided and abetted which looks like where it is going.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I think we may be finding out by the end of the year.

www.businessinsider.com...

i was just reading this article... looks like things are hotting up

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Facebook? Get with the times man. Facebook is not popular as it once was.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: opecz

What are you talking about? That isn't the only thing. This is part of an entire investigation. The warrant is just a sign the evidence is mounting.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Maybe some Russians did it, but I bet every country did it. Facebook has ad revenues in the billions. Only 100,000 are from Russians. Saudis probably paid hundreds of times that much. Mueller's investigation is about Russia, not any other country.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: opecz

I don't think you understand the article or what it is saying.

"It is a crime to know that a crime is taking place and to help it succeed. That's aiding and abetting. If any Trump associate knew about the foreign contributions that Mueller's search warrant focused on and helped that effort in a tangible way, they could be charged."
edit on 16-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

True. But how would you help Russians buy ads on facebook other than send them cash to buy ads? You get my point.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Treason? Since when are we at war with Russia?

Collusion? You mean like Obama interfering with the Israeli elections?

Criminal Conspiracy? Who is conspiring with whom? Also what are they conspiring about? Are they conspiring about INFLUENCING an election? That is not illegal.

So . . . what crime?

And as someone whom's primary job used to be investigating Treason and similar offenses, let me say that there is nothing even remotely treasonous about anything that Trump has ever done. Clinton (Hillary) on the other hand, well that's a different story.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join