It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept 16th In a few hours Richmond VA will be Cville 2.0

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hello. I am a longtime lurker. I have made quite a few accounts in the pasts but forgot all the passwords... anyway.

I am from virginia and today, in a few hours something big is going down.

It is a Pro-monument protest today in Richmond VA. I have not seen a topic about this so will post this

I have a few EMT friends there who have met a few of the "counter protestors" there. Many have bragged abour getting paid 15$ an hour to protest today and also protest in cville and other areas.

rvamag.com...

There are a few other articles on local papers aswell. I have noticed the media is quite silence on this. The Mayor has issued all people not invovled to NOT come to the surrounding area of the protest. Sorry I would make a more informed post but its 7am almost and I am trying to get some sleep because if all goes as planned, I hope to be on the grounds there.

A local state trooper family friend has been talking about this for weeks. They will be there in full force. They believe to be possibly bigger and more dangerous than CVille since many... lower income areas filled with gangs nearby. I just wanted people to be informed of what is happening. The group "hosting" it is called CSA II I believe. They have said they have people setup in "hotspots" with cameras ready to have proof of busses and what not coming in. Things are about to hit the fan... all info I gather from locals even if I am not there I will post here when I wake up. But I hope I can make it there ontime.. Sorry first topic in 5+ years.

Antifa and BLM and other Soro shills will be there in full force from what the state trooper said... to anyone near there, be careful.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 757GhoT

Conquer and Dividing is it not one of the Amendments ?

This is where a tonne of you will chime in and correct me....

Then i say does not your gumint usually do the opposite ?

I used to love America, but you guys have jumped the bones of that joint good and proper...

Well done... Lucky your over populated so you can save your face at the next Olympics....

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was there back in 95 when a city councilman objected to displaying a large image of Robert E. Lee on the floodwall along with a dozen or so other historical figures. I lived there for 15 years and know how deep the feelings go on BOTH sides of this issue. Don't forget Richmond was the Capitol of the Confederacy and monument avenue with it's statues of Lee, JEB Stuart and Jefferson Davis is felt to be kind of sacred ground (most of the war was fought attempting to take Richmond thinking it would end the war). The OP is right as this is ground zero for this particular issue and will likely decide the fate of all Confederate monuments throughout the US.

There are many Civil War reenactors I know who will show up to save these monuments. I would be there with them if I could because we didn't pay for these monuments, that was done by our forefathers to commemorate the sacrifices made by that generation in defense of their state. That's the difference between Union and Confederates, Union fought for the Federal idea of a United States and the Confederates fought for their states.

It was the biggest turning point in our history, one which we have never recovered from. Since 1865 the Federal government's powers have grown while those of the states have diminished. Why bother with statehood anymore? It's mere symbolism at this point as they have no power. We are no longer the United States, just one giant state. I say leave the monuments to remind of us what they fought for. What our opinion is regarding the rightness or wrongness of either side is irrelevant.

The Civil War killed more Americans than every other war put together. It was fought by Americans against Americans. We cannot erase one side of history while still leaving the other side standing.
edit on 16-9-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

(post by notsure1 removed for a manners violation)
(post by scubagravy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I'm from Virginia too. What local papers?
Daily Press or Virginia Pilot. I get both.

Are you here from another country?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The Mayor has issued all people not invovled to NOT come to the surrounding area of the protest.

Official protests, with police protection, please don't attend if you don't agree wth the official narrative.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The Richmond Times Dispatch says the police have fenced off monument avenue.

I will say this, that street is impressive.
It's a four lane fairway with large islands in between the sides with monument after monument and it is a major feature of the city.

The article says the organizers who are from Tennessee are saying they were invited here by locals.

The street is actually a museum of sorts I don't think they will take them down. They are not by a court house and monument row is an historical display. I don't know. There are sports figures there, Authors and poets, musicians, revolutionary war hero's, civil war both north and south. It's not dedicated to the confederate States. It's a long street that has a statue on every major intersection.

As an aside because it's a fascinating old city...
Richmond also has great museums. The fine arts museum is my favorite. But I live only minutes away from the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk so I don't get to the art museum in Richmond too often.
Richmond is about an hour away up 64.
I have mixed feelings about this.
Maybe because it's in my home state and is some place I've been to many many times.

I hope it's peaceful.
The group says they are not a racist group but well even if they were they wouldn't say it. Oh hey yeah BTW we're a hate group...probably not.
I'm not going near Richmond today.
edit on 9162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 757GhoT
They have said they have people setup in "hotspots" with cameras ready to have proof of busses and what not coming in. Things are about to hit the fan... all info I gather from locals even if I am not there I will post here when I wake up. But I hope I can make it there ontime.. Sorry first topic in 5+ years.

Antifa and BLM and other Soro shills will be there in full force from what the state trooper said... to anyone near there, be careful.

People won't care. The truth seems to be secondary to the narrative. Speaking as an outsider to the current US political climate, I am blown away at how the media is handling current events.

If proof of bussed in rabble rousers is recorded, it will be the mostly right leaning sites who pick up on it, the mainstream will ignore it. The statue defenders will be called "racists" and the other side will be made to look more innocent than they are.

Thank god for the internet. Im wondering if it has always been this way and we just didn't have access to the real stories like we do now. Man....

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The newest addition to monument row was actually added in the nineties and is of African American tennis star Arthur Ash.
I remember when it went up.
So this road is not like I said dedicated exclusively to the civil war.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
OP made one post and fled the scene. Is this seeding the clouds of dissent? Cut and run?

WTF?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Woohoo more slavers on parade, just look at those shining examples of humanity,,,

God must be so proud of those creations.

www.rawstory.com...

K~

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

OMG!

Such fashionistas!
What style! What flair!
Where can I get those pants two sizes to small with thunder thighs to fill them?

And a big ugly oaf to protect me from creeps wanting to pinch my confederate flag covered ass...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

LOL!

Oh they're definitely "WallMart Shoppers", so that's the place to dress for success during secession I guess.

K~
edit on 16-9-2017 by aethertek because: wrds

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
OP made one post and fled the scene. Is this seeding the clouds of dissent? Cut and run?

WTF?

well when he opens with

I have made quite a few accounts in the pasts but forgot all the passwords... anyway.

I would surmise all those passwords were revoked and not lost. Im pretty sure he will forget this one too at some point, with a little ~ .

Are there live feeds?? I doubt we are going to see any more riots this year.

edit on 9-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You doubt we will see any more riots this year? There was just one last night in St. Louis.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ashleywilliams

Well that was yesterday! Im talking from today on! Come on, bet me my soul, you know you want too!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
so, I am just wondering, if they see buses bringing in both separatist demonstrators and anti-fa.....
can we assume that both groups are being paid???

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ashleywilliams

that is just getting started in St. Louis. i would imagine if anything serious goes down there it will be sometime in the next few days. they had around 100 protestors from what i saw. they broke out pepper spray on half of them.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It'll be interesting to see (again) who will be against free expression and who will be for it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join