It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hurricance brewing in the east

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Or, Tropical storm, either way, looks like weather will be filling my pool up. I have to say swimming at midnight, looking at the stars and no sound, is total serenity. Like, not a care in the world.

However, if you look at www.windy.com... it looks like a small one will be hitting the east coast sometime next Monday and Jose,looks like coming back around to the east coast.

If I were you, I would still prepare for Jose, just don't prepare your halloween decorations just yet.

Think I will go swimming during the hurricane.

Conspiracy: funny how it's around the 23rd too. ;p
edit on 15-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

I'm in NJ. Not too much people around here getting prepared.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I'm in NJ. Not too much people around here getting prepared.

isn't that the truth. They don't even care about the snow,just another blizzard here. ;p

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
NC may get tropical storm winds on Saturday. The storm is forecast to stay off shore.
From NOAA

ZCZC MIATCMAT2 ALL TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM HURRICANE JOSE FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 44 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL122017 0900 UTC SAT SEP 16 2017 THERE ARE NO COASTAL WATCHES OR WARNINGS IN EFFECT. INTERESTS FROM NORTH CAROLINA NORTHWARD TO NEW ENGLAND ON THE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM. A TROPICAL STORM WATCH MAY BE NEEDED FOR A PORTION OF THE COAST OF NORTH CAROLINA ON SATURDAY

No watches or warnings.

and TD 14 is way way out there. Too soon to even think about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay. No one here is worried either.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Yep I've got addicted to watching models and copying links these last 4 weeks or so, along with the Storm2k message board.Weather Online has on one ecmwf run Jose swiping Rhode Island and Cape Cod on the 19th then another low pressure running through the Bahamas and coming onshore around the South Carolina/North Carolina border a few days later.

Who knows,but its interesting to watch and since I travel for work gives me idea what the weather may be when I'm there.

Hurricane Jose Could Threaten New York Next Week, NHC Says
By Emma Ockerman
September 15, 2017, 1:22 PM EDT September 16, 2017, 5:24 AM EDT
edit on 16-9-2017 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
They started to announce it on local tv here. Means it's coming I guess.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I dont know about that sometimes I think the TV stations just talk it up if there is the slightest possibility to increase viewership. That said after these last 2 and if you live on the coast you should be prepared to take basic precautions just in case.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Jose will be weak if it gets near Montauk. Not a real worry.

Maria on the other hand is set to strengthen significantly and go over nearly the same path as Irma up to Puerto Rico. The island, which was spared from Irma, may take a hit from this one. No forecast beyond that yet. Interaction with land will weaken it.
Right now a high pressure ridge which you can identify on the radar by its clockwise direction will keep Maria in an area with little wind shear and lots of warm water. Forecasters are predicting strengthening to a major hurricane which is a category three or higher. It will also be steered westward as it's on the southern edge of the ridge.
Jose is pulling more northward now and it's to the west of the ridge. Long islands east end is in the far western part of the cone of probability . Unless things change and he moves more west than north it looks like the east coast will be spared.
Bermuda may feel something.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I dont know about that sometimes I think the TV stations just talk it up if there is the slightest possibility to increase viewership. That said after these last 2 and if you live on the coast you should be prepared to take basic precautions just in case.

It's my fault, I told it to come.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Jose will be weak if it gets near Montauk. Not a real worry.

Maria on the other hand is set to strengthen significantly and go over nearly the same path as Irma up to Puerto Rico. The island, which was spared from Irma, may take a hit from this one. No forecast beyond that yet. Interaction with land will weaken it.
Right now a high pressure ridge which you can identify on the radar by its clockwise direction will keep Maria in an area with little wind shear and lots of warm water. Forecasters are predicting strengthening to a major hurricane which is a category three or higher. It will also be steered westward as it's on the southern edge of the ridge.
Jose is pulling more northward now and it's to the west of the ridge. Long islands east end is in the far western part of the cone of probability . Unless things change and he moves more west than north it looks like the east coast will be spared.
Bermuda may feel something.

Great, it would be named Maria. lol My ex roommate. She's coming back with a vengeance. Hurricane Sandy hit my dad, that was his last wife's name. lol Talk about coincidence. Hurricane Matthew gave me a ruptured brain aneurysm I don't even know a Matthew, just the one that teased me in HS. lol Go figure. Jose, is still coming.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

No worries there for me there unless they name a storm after my ex's well earned nickname Medusa. or if thats to ancient reference imagine a young Leona Helmsley

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That's funny, I have the medusa head. Be interesting ifthey ever do name a hurricane Medusa though. lol

new topics

top topics

join