It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS used to be interesting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

They guy waiting for the double carnitas torta? That guy?

Yep.

You nailed it!

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

*takes a bow*

Who's next?

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

What's the f#ing point? it's just going to have politics wedged in by asshat posters who can't keep it in the appropriate forums anyway.

If we do that 'what do they sound like thread' I just heard you do Howard Dean right there. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

Well hell yeah, I have Mello Yello. Yaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

And I have teeth!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

And I have teeth!!!

Bite me and you get the torture variant known as Diet Soda.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Don't be angry that sugar water hasn't rotted out my chompers.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Don't be angry that sugar water hasn't rotted out my chompers.

I didn't mean it in the figurative sense, lol, just the "better not chomp or else" sense

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

And people think ATS is mess.....

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

And people think ATS is mess.....

I'm sure random OT jaunts, no matter how humorous, don't help much

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Then my career as an ATS poster is pretty much over.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

That's precisely why many old school posters don't post much here anymore. They post something that is, at least by their standards, very important and it gets buried by what they perceive as being muck. Shrug.

Perhaps it's just a perception problem, or maybe it truly is indicative of how shallow our society has become.
edit on 16-9-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
That's precisely why many old school posters don't post much here anymore.

It should be noted however that some of those old school posters are dead, have health/family issues or are still actually here under a new account. We obviously cannot name names but there's a handful I know this to be a fact about.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
How about posting an interesting thread that will bring up the quality of the site?

And therein lies the problem, really.

Every time I find something interesting to post and do a search, it's been covered seven ways from Sunday already and will gain me nothing but chastisement for rehashing old news. And the chastisement is very often harsh and not terribly nice to people, especially newer members.

I lurked for a very long time before finally gaining the nerve to sign up and post, but after joining and seeing how nasty some members can be to other posters, I'm holding back on saying much and doubt I'll ever post a thread of my own.

Researching things that are already out there is trek through a miasma of information from millions of sources online. With so much information, it's very difficult to find a starting point, and even if you do find one, the number of bogus sources of info you have to wade through is simply incredible. Those on the site that make really good, in-depth posts tend to be those that already have a good foundation in the subject after many years dealing with it. I'm not one of those people. I wish I were.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I agree with you and the first reply in this thread proofed it. Most these MEMEMEMEH POST SOMETHING YOURSELF guys are government plants anyway...payed by Trump to talk'bout Trump. It's the Narcist way. The real posters up in here see through them , we know what's what.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Oh where oh where has my ATS gone? Now it's been diluted with alt-left this and alt-right this, Trump said and did this, Hillary should be in jail, and disputes about the origin of the KKK.
Make ATS Great Again!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I remember the good days when I spent alot of time on here. It was always the first place I came when something hit the news. You could always rely on some amazing posters that would get more information than the MSM ever could. I don't visit as much because sadly the good posters are just not here anymore.
There is still the odd fascinating thread that pops up now and then, but not as much quality as it used to be.
That's not taking anything away from current posters. They try to push something interesting onto the front page but get washed away by the political posts that have taken center stage. Maybe this phase will pass.

This is still the best conspiracy site out there though.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What I find depressing about ATS now is the dreadfully poor quality of so many posts.

If one liberal blogger writes one stupid thing, it's quickly turned into a manifesto for an imaginary political movement that threatens to eat your children.

If anyone posts inconvenient facts, they are dismissed as fake news.

The most tenuous connections are drawn to sustain a narrative while obvious connections are ignored.

And so on.

This is a failure of grade school critical thinking skills.

Sometimes its entertaining but most of the time it fills me with despair.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Not to turn it political...but during a recent presidential reign, there were many reports of that administration hiring online shills by the thousands and changing the laws on propaganda. I really feel like ATS was great until 2009 or 2010 when we started to see a lot of instigators and government apologists on the boards...I suspect many were/are paid shills
edit on 9/17/2017 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

All I see are posts that are of the focus the media wants. They are posts by angry and/or excited people upset about exactly what they're supposed to be upset about. And yes, it's as if every post is one side of a two sided argument full of replies that you'd expect. We need to know each time an article is written about someone being offended and nowadays calling "racist!". It's so disappointing.

I do enjoy using the search engine or browsing by forum to find interesting and thought provoking threads. It'd be nice to see more of different categories on the new threads page instead of the usual race stuff and how Trump is evil.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
That's precisely why many old school posters don't post much here anymore.

It should be noted however that some of those old school posters are dead, have health/family issues or are still actually here under a new account. We obviously cannot name names but there's a handful I know this to be a fact about.

I said the exact same thing in another thread. ATS for life brother.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join