It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS used to be interesting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's the crazy time we are in. It's all deception these last couple of years. People's beliefs are all messed up. It is going to tear apart our society. When the government gives in and gives someone something they want, it seems that it messes with people's minds and they think we should all get our way. Give people an inch and they try to take a mile.

A completely liberal society cannot work, it will lead to disaster in the longrun. A balance between liberal and conservative with more emphasis on slow change needs to be observed.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
well....

i lurked here occasionally for a few years, before i posted. and when i lurked, i liked to read some of the most elaborate, out-there threads, about fake skies and mandela effects, phantom occurrences and big conspiracies.

but i'm a big skeptic. i didn't contribute to those threads because i could see plenty of people already presenting my view, more articulately than i could have, and they weren't receiving a warm response most of the time for their efforts. i don't experience those kinds of things, so i have nothing to contribute to them -- but i do still read them.

i am, on the other hand, interested in, passionate about, and (i like to think) somewhat knowledgeable about US politics, and you have to admit that's something that's become much more contentious over the last decade, and especially the last couple years. i know some people dismiss it as MSM narrative, globalist propaganda, etc... but having lived on the marginalized side of society, i see real issues that are coming to the forefront now, and even though our society feels divisive i think it's good that these views are finally being articulated... even if it causes a panicked reaction in those who are used to sitting at the top of the status quo.

so that's what i post about, that's why i started finally posting. i appreciate other types of threads but i don't feel i have anything to add to the discussion even when i read them.

would it be better if i just didn't post? i'm asking seriously, i haven't been posting long and i'm not that attached to this site. i like it, but i don't want to contribute to ruining what makes it unique.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
ATS is still interesting. It's the members that are constantly on here, with the same mean spirited responses, corny attempts at being clever, constant brown nosing to the "cool kids" on this site but negative insults to others, and the never ending circle jerks frequented by the same old crowd..... thats what gets boring.

one big mudpit.....

I can only stand it for a little while then I go outside and ride my bike or go fishing.

edit on 15-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
There used to be a good 6 to 12 VERY intelligent and VERY committed posters that would do some amazing research work and assemble very informative threads that led to great discussions.

Lol, out of a world of 7.5 billion people, yeah, impressive.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
ATS is still interesting. It's the members that are constantly on here, with the same mean spirited responses, corny attempts at being clever, constant brown nosing to the "cool kids" on this site but negative insults to others, thats what get boring.

one big mudpit.....

I can only stand it for a little while then I go outside and ride my bike or go fishing.

Have you tried fishing whilst on your bike? that would make for a decent bit of footage.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Some of the best conspiracies and all things paranormal have been covered. At the moment we hit a bit of a sludge. Does not mean we won't hit something spectacular again. Go back in the ATS history, find something that might inspire you. Ive started going back to find some of the golds. Working on what happened to a "Rabbit" myself.... couldn't believe all the clues could be in the OP. Goosebumps again.

A lot of work goes into some steller threads.

This thread here may not be everyones block of cheese, but i just joined and... sigh😁 here.

"Ravenna Revisited - The Portage County Police UFO Chase" by Karl 12
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And don't make fun of my girlish newbie postings🙄.

So take time off and instead search back in ATS time to see what's there

Or try something entirely new..
Sometimes you have to turn off the radio in order to hear it again🤗
edit on 15-9-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

What e-mails? Apparently they magically vanished with no consequences.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: IAMTAT

When my neighbors start littering on the streets and in my front yard I think I have a right to voice my opinion.

You may not agree with that analogy but I believe it's relevant to my own experience here.

The nature of your analogy, indicates that you are prejudicial and negatively judgmental of your fellow ATSer's personal preferences...because they are different than your own.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Man, I wish I had your problem. For me this site is too addicting.

I had a really reliable and steady set of sites that I read to pass the time. For a time ratio it was perfect. Then I found this site. Complete chaos. Now I have to fit this addiction in with the rest. There is no mercy in this universe.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

If you can figure out what happened to the Rabbit, PM me please. Thank you Big.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

No, I see members insulting each other instead of actually discussing a topic. I consider that behavior undesirable.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I've seen you do that.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Which is why I've admitted to the behavior multiple times already in this thread and have stated this thread is directed at myself as well.

Like it has already been said, you are the only one responsible for your behavior but your behavior can also be easily influenced by those around you.
edit on 9/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Okay. Star for being honest, I'm guilty of it too on occasion. That's why I don't throw stones in my little glass house.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Same!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

One of the things I find interesting it the phenomenon where you post something easy and/or for fun and people take it seriously and conversely post something you find vitally important and it's ignored.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I said this before: there are many interesting conspiracies that haven't been covered, it's just people are too lazy to find them.

As a history major in college, I discovered that there are many conspiracies throughout history and what we see in ATS is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you want to look for more conspiracy topics, look at history.
edit on 9/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I said this before: there are many interesting conspiracies that haven't been covered, it's just people are too lazy to find them.

As a history major in college, I discovered that there are many conspiracies throughout history and what we see in ATS is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you want to look for more conspiracy topics, look at history.

Well said

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

When my neighbors start littering on the streets and in my front yard I think I have a right to voice my opinion.

You may not agree with that analogy but I believe it's relevant to my own experience here.

The nature of your analogy, indicates that you are prejudicial and negatively judgmental of your fellow ATSer's personal preferences...because they are different than your own.

That is a problem..you in turn, are presuming that the OP should have no insight as to decide which is written is by others is always preferential...as the OP says, " I believe it's relevant to my own experience here" I happen to believe there is some validity to what he is saying, and that it has done ATS no good whatsoever as a disseminating place of value to the people on it or to those who observe it.
There are people of great value here, often missed in the noise of what is really temporary trivia...that's the only thing I differ with in the OP.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

oh man, im still trying to gain my composure. That was a very funny reply, and I know the feeling all too well.

There is that awesome UFO thread from the sighting in LA two weeks ago, that thread is still going. To be honest though, I have not read a good update on Reptilian shenanigans in quite some time, and am a bit concerned we may have driven them extinct.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join