It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brief review and thoughts of mother!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: intrptr

Also the movie Alien. You spend most of the movie wondering what the hell this thing is, and what all can it do.

After Alien(s) everything else was franchise. So it goes with most other 80s hits.

Nyah , nyah, I saw most of these in theaters first run, what times the 80s were.

Shoutout, in no particular order to, The Keep, Blade Runner, The Thing, Near Dark, Repo Man, They Live, Terminator, Altered States, Life Force, Brazil, and about a hundred others.

Altered States - scared the crap out of me - I had to leave the theater - only time ever.

But I'd say "Event Horizon" spooked me the most.

I found original The Keep book more truly frightening then the movie.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This was scary as hell to a 12 yo. WAY before the hack em ups.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well, the Original "Alien" came out in 1979....Yes I went and saw it, at the cinema. The first date i took, never spoke to me again!

80s movies were great mostly. Tho of course, through the eyes of a 20 something person.

Love the ones you listed, but there are sooo many, who could forget American Werewolf in London, Evil Dead, Nightmare on Elm Strauss, Reanimator, Hellraiser series, even Ghostbusters and as you said 100s of others, then you had the straight to VHS movies like Extro, not to mention all the excellent fantasy movies, from Conan to Legend, to Sword and Sorcerer....then all the action movies, from funny like Beverly Hills Cop, to serious Arnies, the Die Hards.....

The 80s were a great decade of Hollywood.....through it was also touted as the DEATH of Cinema with home VHS and film hiring........unfortunately did kill the great Drive Ins......sooooo many mammaries ....Im mean memories.....

Still, I think the 2000s and now with digital cinema, is an exciting period too.......the picture quality/sound now is outstanding.
I remember going to the movies Drive Ins/Cinema and the movies had cracks and lines all through them for the whole movie.......of course the more popular the more cracks........ah the good ol Daze.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Aww my first thread drift as an op

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I found original The Keep book more truly frightening then the movie.

Same here. Good Cinematography and score

Adding, The Shining. Creeptastic.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Thanks for the nostalgia ride down memory lane. Went down chuckle well with my morning coffee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join