It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foodies of South Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This Mzansi food channel is the Tits.
www.youtube.com...

Their recipes are simple,they use awesome fresh produce,and they have wonderfully innovative ideas.

Here are some of my faves,but honestly on this channel there is something for Everyone,vegetarians not excluded.I thought it would be mean not to share this treasure trove

Butternut 4 Ways

This one uses beef jerky,or as it's known locally,Biltong:

Another goodie using beef jerky:

Amarula is a south African liquer,made from the fruits of the Marula tree,but any creamy toffee-ish liquer can be used
www.krugerpark.co.za...

For the bbq:

Fruit pastilles:

They have very cool boozy recipes too:

Do check out this channel,you won't be sorry

edit on 15-9-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'd like to try a biltong and cheese baquette.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

No time to watch right now, but these look fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Those cheesy braai bombs with the sweet chili sauce look amazing. I'm a fiend for sweet chili sauce. I might try to make those.

On a side note, I've really gotten into Ethiopian food lately. It's the only place around me that delivers after 1 am.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It is Fabulosity,believe me

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

You're welcome
They have some really awesome ideas and their stuff is always simple and fairly quick,if you get all your ingredients and cookware set up before you start.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I am so gonna make them too
!! I invited our oldest gal and her family for a bbq end of September,so i am defo making them then. THIS is what i am making on Sunday for brunch:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Btw sweet chili sauce mixed with honey and a bit of soy sauce is Marvellous on chicken kebabs done in the oven. We all love the stuff too. I sometimes think i should just find out if i can buy industrial size containers. We use this,it's very healthy and goodly:
www.makro.co.za...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This all looks like whypipo food. As in, the German/Anglish "find me some treats, indigenous folk, and if they taste good, we might mention your contribution." Apartheid was a real thing. Mandela was imprisoned and eventually became president.

The world knows so little about South Africa except the western world fighting over it and the whole Apartheid thing that Reagan was cool with since they just got the Bomb.

edit on 16-9-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

This thread is about food.Does politics need to be dragged into Everything? And i spent my entire life within the borders of my country,i honestly do not need a history lesson either.Jeez..

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Oh and just so btw..these recipes are enjoyed by black people too..Or do you imagine all blacks in my country eat only maizemeal and chew on sticks of sugarcane?? WTF dude??

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Give us more recipe pleas.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
love it

i have some masala en route from durban right now so i can make bunny chow.

your food culture is awesome

my buddy sends me pics all the time of # he is cooking or from a braai and it is always amazing looking. he eats better than anyone i know
ive got the bunny recie. made it a few times.
best thing ever

top topics

join