You know that feeling when you go to ATS and click on the 'New' tab and that you find nothing that interests you and that you close off ATS? As a
daily visitor, I know that feeling... There are somedays when ATS is the place to be and some days that ATS is as dead as a doornail.
Instead of whining about it, I have come up with a solution to solve this 'problem' for once and for all.
I introduce you ....
The repost tab allows you to repost threads! Not any thread, only thread that received 10+ flags ...
And only threads that were created in these forums:
* Conspiracy theory forums
* Mysterious subject forums
* Science and Technology forums
* General off-topic chitchat forums
* Entertainment and sports forums
* Computers and internet forums
An extra rule: Threads can only be reposted 1 month after the original creation date.
This repost tab allows visitors/members to look for reposts of subjects that spark their interest. The repost threads are duplicate of the original
one with the option for the reposter to modify their thread with new info. This means that the repost thread will become a new thread with zero
comments/flags/stars where a new discussion can be started.
Benfits for ATS:
* Members/Visitors spend more time on ATS because they have a new place to 'hang out'.
* Content on ATS will become better since you give members the chance to modify their threads.
* More time spent on ATS = More potential ad revenue.
Benfits for ATS Members/visitors:
* Some spend a lot of time to make a decent thread only to see it dissappear from the "new" tab after 2 days and while it also doesn't appear on the
homepage! This "Repost" tab allows you to repost your updated repost thread in the repost section, so this option gives you a chance to make your
thread even better and to still make it on the homepage.
* As I said earlier, we all almost all know the feeling when there's nothing being discussed of your interest on the "new" forums which makes you
leave ATS after a short scroll. This "repost" tab will give you a second forum to check out before leaving.
We can make some extra rules like for example max 20 repost threads per day etc... But I'll leave that to the staff to decide. (If they go through
with this idea of course)
This isn't the first time I came with a solution where I wanted some change:
I wanted a 15+ flag tab which allowed users to look for threads that have gotten 15+ flags. This would allow that some threads would get more 'time'
to be read than threads that've gotten less than 15 flags. This thread got 23 flags and was ignored by the owners of ATS.
This thread is one of our last chances to make ATS a much more interesting place, this place needs a little bit of innovation if you ask me. ATS needs
a place that allows contributers to repost their threads that have gotten 10+ flags in a repost forum so that they will be more motivated to make new
threads knowing they might get a second chance to repost their thread.
23 flags for my 15+ flag forum didn't work to open the eyes of the owners/staff so that clearly wasn't enough.
- I say give this thread 50 flags
and they must consider this idea.
- 100 flags
and they MUST go through with this idea.
I give the mods the permission to delete the flags that are given to me for this thread, I could care less about those flags. All I want is to make my
favorite conspiracy site a more interesting place.
edit on Fri Sep 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)