It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH LIVE 7 PM PT: Hurricane Ben Hits Berkeley

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The strawmen you regularly hang are quite obvious, so no worries there. No one here "needs help" with understanding English. Stop with the absurd elitism. That many point out the flaws in your arguments results in discomfort for you doesn't imply that they don't understand, just that they don't agree.

Just like this crap:

So you are admitting now that the left never intended to be tolerant at all?

No, I didn't say anything like that. Supporting and believing in tolerance for who other people are has never meant that you agree with everything they say. Another day, another scarecrow from Ketsuko.

I'm sure you think that was "smart" ... but it just highlights your dishonesty.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

And just exactly how familiar are you with Ben Shapiro?

I've watched him talk quite a few times at the request of some of my conservative friends. And his ideas (I hope) aren't the overall consensus of conservative thought.

I'm really trying not to paint everyone on the right with a Shapiro brush. He comes off as an arrogant, entitled person who has no room to even consider he might be wrong about anything.

Huh, funny, Then you he must come off to you like a LOT of leftists I hear and read come off to me.

That's usually how people on the extreme ends of the political spectrum are.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
NO one's excusing "ANTIFA." (Mostly because there's no unified "ANTIFA" to excuse.)

Some folks simply cannot make an argument without dishonesty.

Of course, no one exactly condemns them either ...

Oh, but you are right ... we wouldn't want to condemn the wrong group of ANTIFA. Just because some ANTIFA are bad doesn't mean they all are. I mean that group in Portland just threatens to do bad things if the city allows events they don't like. It's OK though, they don't have to do bad stuff because they city usually cancels those events.

That's a lie. I've condemned what happened in Washington in January and Berkeley in May. The "ANTIFA" group in Berkeley is thuggish and does use terroristic methods. They should be arrested, tried and punished if guilty. As should the "right-wingers" and Nazi thugs that show up at these events as well (which you seem completely ignorant of for some strange reason.)

The only thing I have said is that there are different ANTIFA groups who believe and act differently. It's just impossible for you to speak without putting words in someone else's mouth, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I agree with letting folks have "their say" as long as it isn't speech laced with incitement.

Who gets to choose ? You dont...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I agree with letting folks have "their say" as long as it isn't speech laced with incitement.

Who gets to choose ? You dont...

I stated my opinion. Incitement is a criminal offense. You do the math.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How about the lefties in here name one thing that Shapiro said in his speech which was inciting violence and was worthy of attempting shutting him down for?
edit on 14-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What are they chanting?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
How about the lefties in here name one thing that Shapiro said in his speech which was inciting violence and was worthy of attempting shutting him down for?

From the feed I'm watching, he's still speaking ...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This Shapiro guy missed his calling ... he should have been an auctioneer.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The strawmen you regularly hang are quite obvious, so no worries there. No one here "needs help" with understanding English. Stop with the absurd elitism. That many point out the flaws in your arguments results in discomfort for you doesn't imply that they don't understand, just that they don't agree.

Just like this crap:

So you are admitting now that the left never intended to be tolerant at all?

No, I didn't say anything like that. Supporting and believing in tolerance for who other people are has never meant that you agree with everything they say. Another day, another scarecrow from Ketsuko.

I'm sure you think that was "smart" ... but it just highlights your dishonesty.

I'm only using your own tactics against you, featherhead.

If you don't like what you are seeing, then stop.

You regularly make all kinds of accusations and excuses.

Like incitement ... I'm sure you find all kinds of things being said "incitement," so ANTIFA will be justified if they pop off. After all, Shapiro must have incited them. Therefore, he deserved it.

If they don't break out into violence, well, you'll be the sole of tolerant magnanimity!

You're predictable that way.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And just exactly how familiar are you with Ben Shapiro?

I've watched him talk quite a few times at the request of some of my conservative friends. And his ideas (I hope) aren't the overall consensus of conservative thought.

I'm really trying not to paint everyone on the right with a Shapiro brush. He comes off as an arrogant, entitled person who has no room to even consider he might be wrong about anything.

Huh, funny, Then you he must come off to you like a LOT of leftists I hear and read come off to me.

That's usually how people on the extreme ends of the political spectrum are.

So you're on the extreme end of things, I am, or the ones we're listening to are?

I am confused ...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I noticed the same thing. As a deaf person I noticed his lips were moving very fast. Reminds me of JFK.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Right. When you get called out by anyone here, that's aways your excuse.

Feel free to call me out on logical fallacies when you see them; I say your claim is baseless.

You're sure you can read my mind? You really can't help yourself. Now you're telling me what I think, and what I'm going to say. And you keep repeating the same stupid argument about tolerance (Hint: I'm not that tolerant, and have never claimed to be.)

Don't let the facts slow your roll though, Ketz.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I noticed the same thing. As a deaf person I noticed his lips were moving very fast. Reminds me of JFK.

Yeah. He's also got a higher pitched voice for a man ... but unlike many, I don't find that in itself unlikable or objectionable.

He's made a few good points, but he's wrapping it up in standard right-wing fringe crap.

He's an entertainer. /shrug

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'm only using your own tactics against you, featherhead.

Buck

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
MARXIST EYEROLL

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

All the smug little elitist snowflakes and the mental group tugs ...

Another "right-wing" agitator goes to Berkeley in hopes of getting a reaction out of someone (planted) in the crowds so they too can get their 15 minutes on Hannity or Rush or whatever bloviating mass will have them.

You're finding out that the violence genie that you all let out of the bottle at Tea Party protests and that matured at the Trump rallies last summer is bearing gifts you don't think you like so much: openly marching Nazi thugs being physically confronted with anti-fascists thugs on the streets of America.

IF there are any innocent folks in Berkeley, I hope they're safe at least. The two "sides" can wipe each other out.

Outrageous.

What makes Shapiro a right wing agitator? The fact up you disagree with him?

Disgusting

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Being against people who are anti-diversity, doesn't make one anti-diversity.

Bit of the pot calling the kettle black though, don't you think?

You want to label him anti-diversity, but in so doing, you are showing an intolerance of all his thoughts which is, in and of itself, an intolerance of a diversity of thought on your part.

Not being tolerant to ideologies that preach intolerance, isn't being intolerant. That used to go without saying until the right wing news machine started up before this past election, and now people have adopted that narrative.

And no, I'm not talking about conservatism overall with that statement, just the ideologies of the person speaking in this case. Whether conservatism is intolerant or not depends on the ideas of the person preaching it.

Ok well people lined up to protest Shapiro.

Show me where Shapiro preaches intolerance.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Perfect example of free speech.

Hmmm ... what makes him an agitator is his agitating message. Also, who else would I be speaking for other than myself.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why he'd go to Berkeley.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Let me help!

He is conservative, therefore he incites violence.

Right?

I have watched many Shapiro speeches, including this one. I have never seen anything cloae to an incitement of violence, or bigoted.

But facts be damned, as a conservative, he HAS to be evil.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join