It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kelly-Sutton Encounter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Then I read somewhere that a bunch of Hicks, drunk on Moonshine had a night battle with a bunch of White Owls...

ETA:

Skeptoid
edit on 14-9-2017 by intrptr because: link

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Then I read somewhere that a bunch of Hicks, drunk on Moonshine had a night battle with a bunch of White Owls...

ETA:

Skeptoid

Sounds more like peyote than moonshine if the owls looked like this to them.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
and when i got to the part of the insider information, i thought it was going to prove me wrong and say that it was a real event. i almost felt like i could be optimistic again about aliens that there is more than just grays here. but then it confirmed what i already thought. that it was fake.

Reality sucks sometimes. Then again, as I said it may just be the family trying to sweep it under the rug and forget about it.

Knowing how people go out of their way around there to rationalize anything weird, I wouldn't be surprised if something weird actually did happen. And they just don't want it in the family history anymore.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

ETA:

Skeptoid

Sounds more like peyote than moonshine if the owls looked like this to them.

This brings up another idea I had, what if they were part of some early MK-ULTRA style program? Maybe they were druggd with something a little stronger than corn whiskey.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Of course these tails never grow in the telling.

Ever been confronted at close range by a pissed off three foot tall Owl at night?

I have.

Anyway, Great Horned Owl

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
[

This brings up another idea I had, what if they were part of some early MK-ULTRA style program? Maybe they were druggd with something a little stronger than corn whiskey.

Highly speculative but quite possible.

There are many cases of intelligence creating fake ufo stories for some sort of alternative motive.

Paul Bennewitz and Richard Doughty come to mind.

Also since we are on the topic of hallucinogens and I am at the moment wearing my skeptic's hat , has the possibility of ergot poisoning and mass hysteria been looked into as a possibility?

Where they exposed to rye?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Have you seen owls that glow in the dark or have stood on your roof reaching down at you to touch your head?

I'm not saying that this tale might not be malarky but even if I had a terrifying encounter with an owl I don't think I am going to mistake it for one of these critters.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

[

Highly speculative but quite possible.

There are many cases of intelligence creating fake ufo stories for some sort of alternative motive.

Paul Bennewitz and Richard Doughty come to mind.

Also since we are on the topic of hallucinogens and I am at the moment wearing my skeptic's hat , has the possibility of ergot poisoning and mass hysteria been looked into as a possibility?

Where they exposed to rye?

It's all speculation at this point, so might as well speculate.

That's a good question about the rye. I'm wondering if someone was using some rye in their whiskey making and unintentionally poisoned themselves with ergot.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I was confronted at night by an Owl, I figure I was too close to the nest or something. It glowed alright, it was pure white in the moon light.

Most birds are territorial, owls can be spooky at night, when they usually forage.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I was confronted at night by an Owl, I figure I was too close to the nest or something. It glowed alright, it was pure white in the moon light.

Most birds are territorial, owls can be spooky at night, when they usually forage.

I can vouch for their screeches being terrifying at night, but I would have a hard time imagining an owl is something else when seeing it.

The first time one screeched at me in the woods at night, I thought a portal from hell had opened up and something was after me. I ran all the way home.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I've got two barn owls nesting in the micro-forest behind my house. Yes, there are times at night that I am sure there is a devil cackling out there.

Anyway, what I found interesting about the CSICOP investigator's interpretation is the connection of owls to encounter/abduction experiences ... with memories of "owls" being used as cover images for other encounters.

In all things paranormal, metaphysical and cryptozoological ... after a while, one starts seeing interconnections between EVERYTHING.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The first time one screeched at me in the woods at night, I thought a portal from hell had opened up and something was after me. I ran all the way home.

I thought a woman was being murdered in the woods then the screaming stopped.........followed by a who who owl call.

I never knew owls could sound so terrifying.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I would also entertain the possibility that there was some hallucinogenic substance present perhaps like ergot or some other spore?

Given the facts that the there were glowing lights and glowing apparitions never seemed to take any harm.

(Just another idea here.)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I like the way caves turn out to have figured in this conversation. I think the whole subterranean world thing of the 1950s is due for a revival. The "Hollow Earth" is bunk, but things like The Shaver Mystery deserve a bit of appreciation. Even if you think these stories are a load of balls (which they totally are) they have an enjoyably kitschy quality compared to the more po-faced tone of a lot of today's mystery-mongering.

I was always struck by Shaver's claim that the Deros had some special ray-gun that made his favourite cigarettes "taste of garbage." It has such bathos when set against his mind-boggling tales of things such as vast caverns in which sleeping giants lie in ranks, after millennia spent in suspended animation... one day to rise again...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

There are cycles of myths.

If you're not aware of modern phenomena like "The Rake" it looks a lot like a goblin of some sort that hangs out in caves and sewers (and rooftops, oddly enough.)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just found this

RETURN OF THE KENTUCKY GOBLINS

In June 2012, I was contacted by a frightened man who claimed that a group of small, three-toed creatures were emerging from a mine shaft and terrorizing his rural Kentucky home. After sending us photographic evidence of the creatures and asking us to investigate the case, he eventually fled his property. The appearance of the creatures bore a striking resemblance to a well-documented case from 1955, during which a farmhouse in Hopkinsville, Kentucky was besieged by “goblins” from outer space in an encounter that went down as being one of the most credible, well-documented cases of extraterrestrial contact.

The more I looked into the case of the Kentucky Goblins’ reappearance, the more disconnected the story became. Small details led to big events, one answer led to a dozen questions, and a seemingly isolated report of cryptozoological terror in the backwoods of Kentucky turned into a story of crashed UFOs, secret underground bases, and black ops military operations all over the Appalachian Mountains.

edit on 14-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"Terry Wriste," huh?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I thought a woman was being murdered in the woods then the screaming stopped.........followed by a who who owl call.

I never knew owls could sound so terrifying.

Can vouch for that.
Same.
Sure sounds like something very illegal's going on and I got pretty close to calling the cops.
The thing that stopped me was that if it was a human they would've screamed for help or said words. Not just making noises.

That was years ago and our local owl just does the hoot hoot thing.
They can look much bigger than they are when they get all puffed up and spread those wings but I wouldn't have had them down as a candidate for this case.

What's his name....err is it Joe Nicholl (Nickell)?) Came up with owls as a possibility for the Mothman sightings. There's some skeptical type TV show where he gets an owl cut out of cardboard then drives a "witness" past it and gets them to describe what they saw.
Trying to prove that you can't trust your own perceptions or the descriptions of others.
He didn't really get his way, though, because if I recall correctly, most of them knew what they'd seen and a two foot high bird doesn't really look like a giant flying man with big red eyes but....

Fourth Kind had the owl connection and I've seen at least one book with the "owl as screen memory" theme but can't remember the title.

Anyway, I like this sighting. Big ears is a feature not often repeated in the literature and all we get now is greys.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If you noticed the location ... that's very near heightened Sasquatch activity as well. (That was what led me to the story originally).

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I am trying to find more about black mountain kentucky and weird activity around there.

The article I linked above mentions brown mountain and wisemans view near the linville gorge I have been there myself I didn't see the lights because I was only there during the day on my way to Asheville NC.

I would like to go back with some friend some time though and see if we can see the lights.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join