It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches another Missile Eastwards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

What would you suggest he do? Relaunch a war that'll kill millions, certainly thousands? On a "maybe"?

Where is the proof, y'know evidence, that the North Koreans are going to do anything like launch a nuclear tipped missile? Where?

The propoganda issuing from the mouth pieces in whatever ministry is responsible for it? Sorry, that sort of rhetorical flourish has been spewing forth since before I was born...long before.

Seriously, we need something a tad bit more concrete than "Oh, he might...!!!", before we kill thousands, possibly millions...haven't we had enough of that yet?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Seriously, we need something a tad bit more concrete than "Oh, he might...!!!", before we kill thousands, possibly millions...haven't we had enough of that yet?

I don't think there is anything we can/will do to stop any of this. What's planned is planned.

I am anti-violence and war and would never suggest striking first.

I almost feel like you meant to respond to someone else.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So why are not assassinating this idiot? Surely this is a viable option right now.

Yes, I probably know the answer. Just venting.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
For all those opposing retaliation do you have any evidence about NK's air defence systems?

I like to know if he would have knowledge of one of our ICBMs heading his way? I have a feeling he wouldn't.

Anyone got any evidence of this??

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: Black_Fox

If we allow Kim to continue his nuke program at break-neck speed, WE will pay a heavy price. It's either us or them.

Given that he's threatened us, and has ramped up his nuke program considerably, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect our Potus to act accordingly.

But all he wants are sanctions.

And talks.

And more sanctions.

And more talks.

And more sanctions.

And yet more talks.

It feels like Obama is still in the White House. Or Neville Chamberlain.

So you are saying Trump should be the one to start the Nuclear War to prevent the Nuclear War?
And since he started it people in this country and the world over would be against us.

If he is only launching one missile, then it is pretty clear it is not an attack
If he hit one city, do you think we would only also fire one missile back?

No, we would fire multiples of them.

If we start it though, it will not be one missile being launched at us but multiple ones by China and Russia as well
edit on 14-9-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

and as will Japan.

still, some people here seriously think that starting that war will do any good, when retaliatory strike just cannot be avoided, and they're calling the leaders unwilling to be responsible for tens of millions of civilian deaths on all sides of the conflict - not just North Korea, but South Korea and Japan as well - idiots. oh the irony.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

North Korea has 1 Sinpo class submarine built in 2014 65m loa 1500 tonnes it is SLBM capable there are 5 more to come,no doubt they are working on MIRV capability within a decade North Korea will have 6 nuclear ballistic missile capable submarines those advising the President will either advise to accept or not accept North Korea as a nuclear power based on what sort of threat it will be in the future,sorry to say this but South Korea might get thrown under the bus.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
So why are not assassinating this idiot? Surely this is a viable option right now.

if we assassinate every leader of a country with missiles when would it end?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Mostly yes, I meant that as a general response to the "we need to do something" posts... Not you specifically. Your post is what **ahem** triggered my response.

That North Korea is playing a dangerous game is without a doubt. But...restarting a seventy year old war isn't the way to solve this, IMHO.

Somehow, or other, the Peninsula needs to be reunified peacefully. That solves this problem forever. However... ...and we all know what that particular "however" is. The Kim regime isn't going to go for it, so long as reunification means he loses all power...and the South isn't about to reunify with a Kim anywhere near a seat of power. So not happenin'...

So, where does that leave us?

Here's an interesting thought... Some entity, whoever, offers him money, lots of it, his own little island, maybe even St. Helena, to live out his life in all the comfort possible. Would it be worth overlooking his crimes for the possibility of finally ending a conflict that is approaching it's eighth decade?

Probably not...to many. Maybe, to me. As I'm tired of it all, frankly.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Two words, in latin, as to why we don't.

Cassus Belli. How do you suppose North Korea reacts to an assassination, or worse, a failed attempt at one...? Badly, is my guess, really badly.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Problem is, I think, that unless North Korea # up and hit something other than water, any attack by USA/"The West" might drag China into this on NK's side, and I think noone knows exactly what shape or size that may be.

Anyway, time will tell what happens!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Dude, knowing how the NK government backstabs each other on a whim for power, a power vacuum after popping off KJU wouldn't be any better than leaving him as-is.

Let the civilians work up to their own uprising. This is in THEIR hands to do, not us. About the only meddling we should do and keep doing is keep exposing them to the outside world via their black market for it. Lifting the veil that way has helped a great deal in sowing distrust and resentment. They do know they're being lied to, now they just have to work up to doing something about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My biggest question is when will Trump actually address the American people as a president should about this issue? So far he has tweeted and had meetings but has he come on television and addressed the people to let us know that he is working to make sure we are safe from this problem?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
When I was a little boy, all the adult men were just home from WWII and the first war I really remember was Korea.
Mom had worked at the B-25 plant in Kansas City. World war was nothing new to us, it was considered survival.
More than 60-80 million died, nobody really knows for sure how many it really was. if you study human history you would already know we are way over due for a major military event.

Buck

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Would it be worth overlooking his crimes for the possibility of finally ending a conflict that is approaching it's eighth decade?

Surely you're kidding. We live in a world where foolishness such as this, where a guy who didn't personally do anything other than follow orders 73 years ago when he was only a 19 year old himself, can be demanded for a prison sentence... screw Kim and screw the country that won't rise up against him. The US needs to spend not one red cent in North Korea beyond the financing it will take to eradicate his ass from the planet Earth.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

Dude????? Kim cannot be compared to any other leader on the planet??

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I do hope he one day messes up the trajectory and accidentally hits some open field in Japan. That should be enough provocation needed to take that little fat frak out and liberate (this time for real) the people. I will see a united korea under a republic in my life, and perhaps before the next potus with a bit of luck

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't have any answers. But striking NK first is not an option, IMO.

Regardless, the grand plan is in motion and cannot be stopped now...it's all been leading to this moment.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cnoland

What's he going to say that hasn't already been said? Or reported?

We're not blind, nor deaf--we can figure out what's going on easily enough in general terms.

Kim is playing a dangerous game of nuclear brinkmanship. Essentially, he's attempting to show that his equipment is made of steel. His bluff hasn't been called, because no one knows that it is, indeed, a bluff... That sort of miscalculation could lead to bad, bad things. Radioactive bad, bad things. Or, tank treaded bad, bad things.

Hopefully, he, meaning Trump, and his advisers--and all the other "leaders" and their advisers--will take a step back and let this slow boil cool down. Two nuclear weapons have been used...sufficient for the next 4 billion years, imho.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

We are agreed on that!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join