It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Public Schools Are Brainwashing Students with Fear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You had me at pizza.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Its easier to say what are bad reasons to home school.

Well, that wasn't the question so... no need to entertain an answer to a question I never asked. You MUST know some "right reasons" for other parents to home school their children or you would not have said such a thing?

Here are a few (a quick search), and without all the nonsense.

edit on 14-9-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
You had me at pizza.

Actually, we had you at childbirth, Mark of the Beast and all that.

Hail Baphomet!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I attended a private catholic school up to the 6th grade. I finished my schooling through public schools. If you think public schools brainwash children, private schools form kids beliefs at a very early age. There's nothing like brainwashing religious beliefs on young minds, learning about God's Wrath and burning in hell if we didn't follow their religious doctrine. Some extreme examples of brainwashing is the Muslim and Amish education. Not only do they brainwash their children ideology at a very young age, they enslave them in a particular dress code for the rest of their lives!!!

I remember during my private school days being terrified of going astray or thinking outside the box. Becoming an alter boy wasn't something I enjoyed doing but was something that gave young boys a feeling of belonging to a popular club. "Look at me, I'm on the church stage, I'm an alter boy, lol."

There's only one thing I give a lot of credit to my private school upbringing was it taught me to treat people with respect.

I remember my first week in a public school. I though holy crap, this is awesome! I was able to be comfortable and attend school in jeans and a t-shirt! I didn't have to stand-up every time I was picked on to give an answer in class! (I made a fool out of myself the first time I did and the teacher informed me I didn't need to stand when I gave an answer!)No more memorizing prayers, and being subjected to ridiculous consequences at the hands of nuns! Such as, knuckles being slapped with a ruler, holding a sheet of paper against the blackboard with your nose for a half hour, writing our multiplication tables 5 or 10 times each, standing on one foot for 15 minutes, and of course getting the paddle. It just never made any sense that nuns who were supposed to lead a life of love for your fellow man like Jesus preached, would engage in delivering pain to a child.

Public schools opened my mind and actually made me realize the hypocrisy and brainwashing I experienced during my private school days. I was able give my opinions and listen to the opinions of others. I was able to choose what to believe and what I didn't believe without worrying about being threatened with fire and brimstone! Public school teachers are free to a certain extent to give their opinions on the subjects they teach. They're not held to a specific ideological outline.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm sorry, but I demand pizza. You said pizza. I want pizza.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Ooo. I wouldn't accept any food from Augie. More than one member has disappeared after doing that...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I'm sorry, but I demand pizza. You said pizza. I want pizza.

Sure, it's in the Kill Roo.., er, I mean Day Care section. Follow me.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I was raised in a strict catholic school then went to Uni and smashed out of the prison with no key

I think we need to remember that we will always raise children in some sort of societal constraints and training. We are still very tribal. Every social construct is a learned behavior, not innate. Nature versus nurture stuff. Without conditioning, the choice is free range anarchy...

Sometimes we judge how everyone else chooses to nurture their young, hell I just did it on the page before myself, but human identity is formed by environment and it is our prerogative to choose that environment for nurture (eduction) for our kids. However nothing on earth will stop us from judging how others do it, because judging others and projection is the easiest way to make ourselves feel better about the choices we made for ourselves and for our kids.

edit on 14-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Kali74
No one is legally obligated to send their child to public school.

I wish you would have told my mommy this. I went to public school and I cant even spell 'cat' if you spotted me the 'c' and the 'a'.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

then went to Uni and smashed out of the prison with no key

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Are you mocking this educated coastal elite?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Perish the thought. More like applauding your escape from the dark side to the other, better dark side.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Hard to tell, on ATS nowadays you are scum for daring to be a Uni graduate or an atheist.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I'm learnding too.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh. Well in that case, welcome to the land of the scummy. I've been here for some time, on account of a) the badge and b) refusing Augie's continual advances on my body.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Disgustus Masonicus .

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Disgustus Masonicus .

Lmao, Genius! You win the internet today Zazz.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Spazzafrazz has been calling me malicious names for years now. It's some sort of Aussie sport, like feeding your child to a dingo.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Disgustus Masonicus .

just today?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's a one day award. But you could win again tomorrow with those skillz.

Also I give it to multiple people in a day. It's really nothing special.

In fact Disgustus should win one for his rapist comment in another thread. Made me lol.
edit on 14-9-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join