It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals heading for jail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's not very often a CEO goes to jail:

The most serious count carries a maximum prison term of 20 years.

Shkreli first gained notoriety in 2015 when he raised the price of a pill used by AIDS patients from $13.50 to $750 while he was CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals. His bombastic personality and prolific use of social media has kept him in the spotlight since then.

Karma is beotch!

money.cnn.com...

Apparently free-speech does have some limitations. It's nice to see some justice for a change.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I would say I feel sorry for him if I did...but I don't - good riddance.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

yeah we'll see...

Money gets you everywhere in this world...

bet he buys his freedom

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Unfortunately, they'll find a technicality-like a big donation.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

We definitely have two justice systems in this country. That's why I thought the story was so amazing! It's not very often you hear of any CEO going to jail! Maybe there's a code of conduct for people in organized crime we don't know about.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

im not from your country brother...

though i agree with you.. same goes here and any other place

Money makes the world turn... so to speak

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
haha, even "the man" hates the world's most hated man..can't complain about that

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
He's going to be what they call a junebug, I almost feel b... never mind, good for him.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

ruled a public danger because he offered cash to anyone with a lock of hillary clintons hair.

yet celebrities can behead trump on national television, Madonna can tell her fans to blow up the white house, totally not a public danger there, but oh boy dont go paying for hair........

this isnt about defending the guy, its the principle.
edit on 14-9-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

How about bringing the torture back for little bit and squeess these dudes for more information, how come we must pretend he was just lone dude some how taking an such a advantage of hes position.. or is this truly like ey look ppl we take these big boys down too so STFU about it..

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

It is always good to see a person so deserving, cast down as they ought to be, rather than upheld as captains of industry, or protected as members of an elite overclass of persons, immune to the consequences of their actions.

However, it is best not to be complacent or overly pleased if this scumbag does wind up in jail. The simple fact of the matter is, that most drug companies have a figure like this within their ranks, except they are less blatant, therefore harder to identify and their schemes harder to unravel. He would have gotten clean away with this if he had not have been so obnoxious about it. All he would have had to do, is made up a lie about an increase in costs, and had a professional fudge his books to reflect it.

Thats what all the other pharma companies do, when people question why their treatment costs them twice their monthly pay check.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If only they would go after some of the other CEOs doing the same thing. But no, they bust a small guy and make us believe they are watching out for us. Look at the other big increases in Pharmaceuticals and record bonuses for top officials in these companies. Nobody is going to go after the big dogs, their price gouging is a lot more overall, because a real lot of people are paying way more for their meds when they doubled in price.

Look at the epi-pen increase, that effects a lot of people yet those top dogs did not get charged with anything at all and they got bonuses for their overcharges, the stock holders didn't even get hardly anything from that increase.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
what if he asked the police to purposely hit suspects, i wonder if it would even be a debate.

they wanted this guy, simply because he was openly displaying the real thinking of big pharma on a global scale. he was supposed to be greedy and fiendish behind closed doors like all pharmaceutical execs.
he broke their "code" and shed the light on the "industry" and he's going to pay or suffer until he fades into obscurity on a south pacific island somewhere.

but worse things have been uttered by our politicians under the umbrella of freespeech.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Im still waiting for the Epi Pen CEO to go to Jail... 10 cents of epinephrine and 1 dollar worth of plastic... charge for one pen, a couple of hundred dollars... OH wait never mind her father is a senator.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Guess he didn't own stock in the FDA,is this suprising big Pharm does this all the time,why the outrage now,nothing new

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Did anyone see the reason he was actually jailed...

For offering a $5,000 reward for some of Hillary Clinton's hair on Twitter.

Weird AF...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's about damn time that smug SOB went to jail. That man has to have the most punchable face in history. I bet it'll be used for a lot of that where he is going. Oh wait no. He's rich. He gets to go to Club Fed instead.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The last I heard he was trying to peddle a Wu-Tang clan related, unreleased album on e-bay. He was hoping for 2million...

A purely money driven individual.

He will write a book about his "hard time" no doubt.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think this says a lot about the current BS political climate.

Trump and his family have been repeatedly threatened with assassination and nothing happens.

This little brat wants Hillary's hair and they throw him in jail.

United States of Hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is the same guy that loudly claimed that Chelsea Clinton's apartment was actually a medical facility. He made that claim on the day Hillary Clinton almost passed out last year at the 9/11 Memorial event.

He's a strange bird indeed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join