It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not voting in the Australian same sex marriage postal vote.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

By 1990 there will be no child living in poverty
No way will a GST ever be part of our poilcy
There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead
we will never do cheap and tawdry deals with the Greens
there will be no cuts to health to education to pensions.
I give a rock solid iron clad agreement not to change medicare

Actually I do think I might have something to worry about lies are about the only thing they are good at.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Im australian too and also will not be voting on SSM"we dont know what all the details are as of yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This thread seems to be similar to what is actually happening.

It seems to me that a great push is with the message:

If you are not sure then don't vote.

Now who is behind this message I wonder?

P

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Penny Wong !???

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Penny Wong !???

Indeed!

If you are not sure then vote NO.

Only sensible option if unsure.

P

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Old thread, I know. The $130 million waste of money postal survey thing-a-ma-jig is done and dusted, the YES vote won (good). But I just wanted to make a couple comments on some of the posts here.

originally posted by: khnum
Im sorry what the hell is a BARCODE doing on a secret postal ballot.So if its your barcode what information is linked to it,your address obviously.what else.

No personal information was "tied" to the barcode, not even your address. The barcode simply ensured that the ballot paper was not photocopied and used to cast more than one vote. That is all, there is no nefarious anything going on.

The same sex anti-vilification laws they just introduced are legit too, say something against the yes vote and you will probably cop a $12000 fine.

That is untrue, and silly.

This, the vilification of Christians, the strong lgbt agenda being pushed in schools being introduced,

That is simply and completely false.

the fact the Government is not revealing what will be in the legislation

At the time, the was no legislation prepared, there was nothing to reveal. But the message was loud and clear, the change would be to the marriage law - full stop. Anti-discrimination laws were not going to change. Religious Freedom laws were not going to change.

Example: before the marriage equality law, Priests and Rabbis and Imams were not forced to marry every eligible heterosexual couple that asked for their services. If it was against their religious cannon, then they could turn them away. There is no change to this EXCEPT that it now applies to every eligible couple, heterosexual or homosexual or transgender or what-ever. There is nothing hampering religious freedom in that in any way what-so-ever and those voices in the wilderness shouting 'but.. but... but' are simple straight forward dog whistling fear mongers.

and the fact Labour says if the vote is No they will ignore it when the get into Government tells me the fix is in.

It is Labor policy, if people vote Labor in to government, they are voting for Labor policy to be enacted. That is how it works in Australia.

Dont forget Rudd,Gillard,Turnbull all at some stage were UNELECTED leaders.

Not true. Every one of them was elected to Parliament in the normal way, and every one of them was elected Leader of their respective Party in the normal way.

edit on 14/1/2018 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

I agree. A yes vote is to water down and make marriage meaningless.

I don't think so. All the straight folks who marry, divorce, lather, rinse, repeat ad nauseam beat them WAY to the punch a long, long time ago. The greatest example being Liz Taylor. Others being my dad (thrice married) and my mom (twice married) THANKS, MOM & DAD, so much for the sanctity of marriage. Now amirite, or amirite.

Seriously, quit blaming gay people for straights being marital f# ups.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So marriage is meaningless regardless of sex ?

Let's ban marriage !

At least it could put a few Catholic paed umm.. Priests out of work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join