It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I get the President to help me with my Medicare late signup penalty?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I like to know how you people are able to get disability and I'm not. lol Go back to work, like I am. I have severe arthritis where I can't walk some days, asthma, ruptured brain aneyrusm, 2 metal rods in my back, PTSD, and I still work. whiners. If I can work, you can work. No sympathy from me. Plus, my eyesight is blurry after my brain surgery (3), and I even have a lawyer that takes nothing. I have been denied 3x. lol

Just pure laziness is what it is.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Well...writing any official is just gonna end up not read anyway...except my some aide or secretary.

But, aside from all youve explained? I'd go for SS Disability w/ a Medicaid waiver. Medicare is a requirement by age 65...but you can wait and work 1 more year and apply for it at age 66...

You may have to get a lawyer (they will work for a percent of the back pay owed) but they can get it together so youll get it...and its worth doing it sounds like for you.

You can get S.S./S.S. Disability, Medicaid for medical, Medicare and still work a minimal amount of hours all at once.

I know this...because I have done it. Good luck

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: rickymouse

I started drinking concentrated vegetable and fruit drinks, along with a daily capful of Isagenix cleanse every morning, back in 2004. Powdered organic vegetables/fruits are easy to digest and build up your immune system. No cold, flu, etc, since.

It took me over a year of testing just to figure out I am allergic to the banana if I eat it with potatoes or tomatoes in the same day or two. I do get a cross reaction with other veggies and banana too, mostly root veggies. So I gave up bananas. The banana defense system chemicals are not heat stable, I can eat banana bread no problem.

It is uncomprehensible that it can take so much observation to find out about one food cross reaction. With the banana, I get allergic to my underware and socks latex bands. something gets released in my sweat or something. Also the banana makes me cough when I am almost finished with eating it, the riper the banana the worse it is. If I eat three bananas it starts to effect my breathing. I can't seem to get enough air.

Just stay away from Bananas. As you age, your allergic reaction will change. Sometimes better...sometimes worse. Don't keep pushing the envelope to find out.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Here's a strategy for you Diana.

1. Enroll in Medicare Parts A and B. ASAP.

2. At any time between October 15th and December 7th, enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.

Medicare Advantage plans for central New York are rich in benefits and low in premiums. Some cost $0.
Get a quote here: www.ehealthmedicare.com...

Here's a primer that explains the Medicare Advantage program.
www.medicareinteractive.org...

Note: You can't obtain a Medicare Advantage plan, unless you already are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B.

I signed up for Part A only because it was free. No premium at all...because I already had Federal employee health benefits. I couldn't afford all of Medicare, just the free part of it.

When OPM raised the cost of FEHB in 2015 I had no choice but to give up their coverage. It was at that point I found out about Medicare's late signup fee.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I thought the rules for Medicare were the same in every state. Are you referring to state insurance?

I'll have to give that some thought.

We have a major teaching hospital south of here in Syracuse. Maybe they can help me.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have not read through the thread, but if it has not been mentioned just leave and go to another country that looks after its citizens.

Pretty much anywhere in the western world except the mighty U.S of A where you have the very best of everything...well except healthcare and maybe a few other essential things that are needed in life.

Moving to Canada, Britain or France would help except I don't have the money to travel (or good enough health to go that far). But you made an excellent point...healthcare is much more affordable in other parts of the world but NOT in the U.S.

Of course, if I snuck across the border and then snuck back and pretended to be illegal, I would get help. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't think the president can help you. Unless you have been convicted of a federal crime.

It seems to me that if he can pardon Arpaio, and order the wall to be built (or not, I guess it's being put on hold), etc then our Potus would be able to revoke Medicare's late fee himself.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Me too.
Timeloop.

Meanwhile, sorry OP. Really. I have nothing to offer.
Maybe the president does.

That's ok!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
I like to know how you people are able to get disability and I'm not. lol Go back to work, like I am. I have severe arthritis where I can't walk some days, asthma, ruptured brain aneyrusm, 2 metal rods in my back, PTSD, and I still work. whiners. If I can work, you can work. No sympathy from me. Plus, my eyesight is blurry after my brain surgery (3), and I even have a lawyer that takes nothing. I have been denied 3x. lol

Just pure laziness is what it is.

Was it pure laziness that caused my cancer diagnosis?

Was it pure laziness that caused me to have three hernias, two of which could have killed me?

Was it pure laziness that consigned me to a daily hell with making numerous phone calls, letters, etc to try and get my health problems addressed?

Being denied is commonplace. I was denied by SSDI the first time around and was approved around the time I was told I had cancer. Sometimes people have to fight in court with an attorney.

It's a good thing my case didn't go that far because I don't have funds for a lawyer.

Every day I worry about dying young like my mother, who passed away in '99 because of heart disease. She was 58. I'll be 55 next month so I'm not far behind.

Every day I worry about what my blood sugar will be upon getting up and if I will go blind because I have diabetic retinopathy in both eyes.

Every day I worry about what will happen to my rescue cat, who himself was abandoned several years ago in Pulaski, NY. He had it rough and I am determined to give him a good life that his previous owner refused to let him have. If it weren't for him I'd be 6 foot under by now....because he keeps me going when hardly anyone else will.

Try doing housework sometime while barely able to walk.

To be honest, I am running out of patience with the very system that is determined to kill me and others who just don't count. If I had money, our politicians would beg to help. When money talks, people listen. When one doesn't have money, no one gives a darn.

Laziness? No way.

Who are you to judge me?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm not really going to read through 3+ pages but I wanted to say it's not in the President's job description to take care of trivial issues such as this.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I'm not really going to read through 3+ pages but I wanted to say it's not in the President's job description to take care of trivial issues such as this.

IKR. Her and my sister would get along. All the reasons not to work. I know people who have cancer and work. The whoa is me thread and the President owes me. No sympathy. I see people everyday on disability that are not worse off than me, but still have some excuse. Which is BS. It should be for people that have actual excuse. You won't be the same after a ruptured brain aneyrusm. That I can tell you.

And yes, still bleeding in the brain, I constantly think i am going to die. I signed POA to my dad, just in case.

Who am I judge? I am going through it now. My CNS (Central Nervous System) is not the same. My brain is off. But, hell after being turned down, I will go back to work and have another brain aneyrusm.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I found this report, which is several months old, about one Congressman's efforts to get the late signup penalty for Medicare repealed:

A Republican congressman from Pennsylvania has introduced legislation that removes a penalty on seniors who sign up late for Medicare.

U.S. Rep. Lloyd Smucker's bill would end what he describes as an often unexpected cost to those seniors who still have health care through their employers and want to remain on a private plan. The penalty is also punitive for life, he said, noting that whether a senior is late in signing up by a couple months or a couple years, Medicare costs 10 percent more for their rest of their life.

"We're looking for ways to lower health insurance costs and this is one small area where we can make health care more affordable for seniors," Smucker said in an interview Monday.

Source< br />

Now if we could only get our Potus to listen....and other elected reps, who seem to think they're in DC to serve themselves and not the people who put them there!
edit on 14-9-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your dilemma.

I'm confused.
If you had Federal HC...why did you get Medicare Part A only?
Why didn't you drop the Federal HC totally and go on Medicare totally when you went on disability?

All over the medicare site it says

In most cases, if you don’t sign up for Medicare Part B when you’re first eligible, you’ll have to pay a late enrollment penalty.

www.medicare.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I'm sorry for your dilemma.

I'm confused.
If you had Federal HC...why did you get Medicare Part A only?
Why didn't you drop the Federal HC totally and go on Medicare totally when you went on disability?

All over the medicare site it says

In most cases, if you don’t sign up for Medicare Part B when you’re first eligible, you’ll have to pay a late enrollment penalty.

www.medicare.gov...

I didn't drop FEHB when I became eligible for Medicare because I was told that if I ever gave up FEHB, I'd never be able to get it back, regardless of the reasons...inc. lack of money.

I was offered all parts of Medicare about a year after going on disability and accepted Part A only because it is free...no premium.

After numerous price increases during Open Season (at US Office of Personnel Management), I finally gave FEHB the heave-ho, knowing I'd never be able to get it again. I still beslieve I made the right decision because it reached the point where I was paying for insurance I couldn't afford to use. Even FEHB's copays were too high. I lost track of how many times I needed to go to the doctor but didn't because the copays weren't there.

It was at that point I tried to get Medicare Parts B and D and was then told of the late signup penalty.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join