It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Not Capable Of Harming Mother Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Yup, because humans didn't create the hole in the ozone over Australia, and then went ahead and literally fixed it after we figured out what caused it.

Chernobyl didn't just wipe out an entire ecosystem in less than a few hours, then we let it grow back and heal itself.

Humans didn't spill millions of gallons of oil in a large river destroying that ecosystem in Prince william sound, then we had to fix that too.

Humans didn't just fire a few rifles at some North American Bison to almost extinction, but we fixed that too.

Humans can obliterate this planet if we really wanted to, but we are to busy with our own petty differences to actually do it. Luckily, we have a lot of level headed and smart people telling all the idiots what not to do and barring people, hate to say it but, like you, from destroying it.

The arrogance in this post is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Eventually the Earth will shake us off like a bad cold. Humans are essentially a virus to the planet that had run rampant and multiplied beyond sustainability. The Earth will be here long after we as a species has ceased to exist and another dominant species will rise to take our place. Maybe the dinosaurs will get another day in court!

I agree !

Thinking we are mere habitants on this planet and maybe another species will come along who are not near as whiny and can adapt to changes in the environment alot better.

Dinosaurs weren't arc welding large structures and figuring our quantum mechanics.
We are special, and we know this. We send people outside our ecosystem for months on end and return, we understand our planet, how it works, etc. We aren't just 'another' living thing on this planet, we define ourselves, through science, and science fiction.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Yup, because humans didn't create the hole in the ozone over Australia, and then went ahead and literally fixed it after we figured out what caused it.

Chernobyl didn't just wipe out an entire ecosystem in less than a few hours, then we let it grow back and heal itself.

Humans didn't spill millions of gallons of oil in a large river destroying that ecosystem in Prince william sound, then we had to fix that too.

Humans didn't just fire a few rifles at some North American Bison to almost extinction, but we fixed that too.

Humans can obliterate this planet if we really wanted to, but we are to busy with our own petty differences to actually do it. Luckily, we have a lot of level headed and smart people telling all the idiots what not to do and barring people, hate to say it but, like you, from destroying it.

The arrogance in this post is ridiculous.

What's your point, brother?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah who cares about loss of habitat or if a few species go extinct due to human behavior anyways!

It's not like we share the planet with other living organisms. They shoulda been smart enough not to mess with our planet!

We have no responsibilities to our Earth, I hear ya OP!

Love your sarcasm ! You don't get it , do you.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The point is in my post. You don't give humans the credit we deserve.
In less than 10,000 years we have gone from planting the first seeds for agriculture to exploring our solar system and fixing issues that could lead to this worlds destruction in a matter of decades, not epochs. In theory, we go against evolution when you think about it. We have beaten the odds.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yeah who cares about loss of habitat or if a few species go extinct due to human behavior anyways!

It's not like we share the planet with other living organisms. They shoulda been smart enough not to mess with our planet!

I get it. You're tired of liberal lefties with dreads and poor underarm hygiene. I get it. I'm tired too.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Actually we can via a nuclear holocaust.

Read this book called On the Beach. It's about how radiation from a nuclear war ended up destroying all Earth life. Out of all the nuclear holocaust fiction I've seen or read, this is one is very realistic.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The only real danger to the planet is the over abundance of hubris destroying our fragile ecosystem.

And yoga mats.

God DAMN yoga mats!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My mom actually had we read that book when I was a teenager and I agree with you a 100%!
It was written in the 40s actually and it's something I always refer to when climate change or nuclear war gets brought up.

a reply to: starwarsisreal

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The only real danger to the planet is the over abundance of hubris destroying our fragile ecosystem.

And yoga mats.

God DAMN yoga mats!

Shhhhh. We need the yoga mats or else we wouldn't have women who wear yoga pants. Just stifle would ya there, DB!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I get it. You're tired of liberal lefties with dreads and poor underarm hygiene. I get it. I'm tired too.

Ha Ha !

Nope.

You still don't get it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Actually we can via a nuclear holocaust.

Read this book called On the Beach. It's about how radiation from a nuclear war ended up destroying all Earth life. Out of all the nuclear holocaust fiction I've seen or read, this is one is very realistic.

Did it destroy the planet. And could life begin again?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Humans have caused a lot of plants and animals to go extinct, humans have played a big role in deforestation, and human industry can absolutely affect climate change. Those are just the ways I know of that humans can harm "mother Earth."

Yes, nature can adapt and will probably carry on even after humans become extinct. In the meantime, we have to live with the consequences of our actions. For example, climate change results in higher ocean temperatures, which can lead to stronger hurricanes. The rising sea levels will begin to affect coastal regions in the coming decades. These directly affect cities, even some of them in the United States.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If we detonated every single nuclear/conventional weapon at one time in one place , we wouldnt even make a freckle
If you brought every single man , woman , and child on the Earth together , they would not fill up the US State of Texas. There would be a 1.8 ft radius around everyone
97% of Africa is not populated. Out of the 3% that is , 98% are on the coast. And we wont even discuss China.
One single volcanic eruption can throw as much CO2 in the air as produced by man throughout the span of time

And just for humor"

Top 10 Ways to Destroy Earth

edit on 9/13/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

One single volcanic eruption can throw as much CO2 in the air as produced by man throughout the span of time

A simple google search can tell you that's a lie. You are grasping at straws.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Humans have caused a lot of plants and animals to go extinct, humans have played a big role in deforestation, and human industry can absolutely affect climate change. Those are just the ways I know of that humans can harm "mother Earth."

Yes, nature can adapt and will probably carry on even after humans become extinct. In the meantime, we have to live with the consequences of our actions. For example, climate change results in higher ocean temperatures, which can lead to stronger hurricanes. The rising sea levels will begin to affect coastal regions in the coming decades. These directly affect cities, even some of them in the United States.

I was indirectly involve with the past two hurricanes, involving family members.

You miss my point. What happens involves impact on humans and nature. Not the planet itself.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well,from what I have read from the responses to my thread, plenty of trolls and plenty of people who just don't get it.

ATS is no longer the place it was, and it saddens my heart.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not one to buy into human caused global warming, but to think a virus can't kill it's host is naive to say the least.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The point is in my post. You don't give humans the credit we deserve.
In less than 10,000 years we have gone from planting the first seeds for agriculture to exploring our solar system and fixing issues that could lead to this worlds destruction in a matter of decades, not epochs. In theory, we go against evolution when you think about it. We have beaten the odds.

Do you think we are going to obliterate the planet Earth?

It has been a trick question the whole time.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

A simple google search can tell you that's a lie. You are grasping at straws.

Yep , I imagine you can find all sorts of fallacies using Google
Thats why I try to stay away...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join