It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorneys Suspect Motel 6 Calling ICE on Undocumented Guests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Link: Phoenix New Times

The front-desk clerk told him that he needed to show identification in order to reserve a room. Rodriguez-Juarez handed over the only thing he had — a Mexican voter ID card.

Six hours later, he was lying on the bed, watching TV, when he heard a knock at the door.

He opened it. Three agents from Immigrations and Customs Enforcement were waiting for him.

Let's assume the "worst," that the clerk did call ICE in response to this man checking into the motel. So what? We have had the whole "if you see something, say something" drilled in our collective heads the past several years. Is it now wrong to report a crime? Or just certain immigration-related crimes? Did the "guest" have a reasonable expectation that his crime should go unreported? Was the clerk out of line here?

My opinion, if the story is true, is good for the clerk. Maybe the illegal would have had better luck at La Quinta.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

see something, say something.😈😈😈
edit on 13-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i did this but for people who jumped bail in montana ,went to all the no tell motels and shady week long rental places (where i used to poach most of my tennants from ironically) and gave them the name of people i was looking for as a bounty hunter you would be astounded how easily they will give the info over in exchange for a bit of the bail pay out. so i can sort of see this being a thing,id get plate numbers of their vehicles described what they were wearing and usually to keep the hotel owners out of it they would recommend them to go get food at finnigans or applebee's where me and the capture team would then go grab them worked for over two years before people caught on

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Was the clerk out of line here?

No.
The clerk reported a criminal to the police.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

there is no law i know of saying a hotel clerk cant give out your name, or type of car and plate number for that matter. i worked at a hotel maybe 20 years ago. the owner encouraged you to give the info to police if they came asking but you didn't have to do that either if you didn't want to.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So you see nothing wrong with this clerk assuming the worst of a certain group? For all he knew the guy was a Mexican American.

It is funny how you guys on the other side love to scream follow the law, and pretend you drape yourself with the constitution but see nothing wrong with racial profiling.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What happened to us?

See something say something over this? I remember back in the day it was snitches get stitches but now things have gone into full retard mode.

Personally I think the clerk is a major douche for snitching him out and robbing him.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Well, looks like next time I travel, I'll have to give Motel 6 my business. Good for the clerk. That's how you get the illegal aliens out, you make it uncomfortable for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
With the on going illegal alien situation and political corruption, I will be operating under the idea that no one is breaking a law.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Civic duty.. If legal then no problem other than some time lost... If illegal then welcome to law and order..

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe this motel has had problems with illegals squatting there for days, weeks, months in the past and some of the attendant problems that come with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
What happened to us?

See something say something over this? I remember back in the day it was snitches get stitches but now things have gone into full retard mode.

Personally I think the clerk is a major douche for snitching him out and robbing him.

"snitches get stitches" is a motto for criminals, it has only ever been used by criminals, regarding crimes they commit,

so ya if your a criminal or support criminals and support crime, then i guess you would be upset that someone reported a crime to the authorities......

you dont like the laws protest the justice system, protest the laws, dont protest the enforcement of them, makes no damn sense....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

I don't support crime, if the clerk suspected that the man was a criminal then he should have denied him service and then called the proper authorities, that's where his duties end but he didn't do that, he took his money knowing he was going to kick him out a couple hours later, that's what I call a criminal.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
So you see nothing wrong with this clerk assuming the worst of a certain group? For all he knew the guy was a Mexican American.

It is funny how you guys on the other side love to scream follow the law, and pretend you drape yourself with the constitution but see nothing wrong with racial profiling.

Laws were meant to be broken. Amirite?

Liquor stores are like and ATM when you have a gun. A little armed robbery isn't a real crime right? I don't get how some of these people around here don't understand that some laws aren't as important as some other ones.

Unless it's murder or something like that, people should look the other way.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

For all he knew the guy was a Mexican American.

yea sure, when the only form of ID he could produce was a "Mexican Voter ID Card". he cared enough to register to vote in mexico but not in his new country? that would be pitiful, pitiful, pitiful, wanted to become a U.S. citizen but wouldn't register to vote in his new country, or have any form of U.S. ID, but he was registered in his home country. one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

edit on 14-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

If the clerk suspected that the individual was acting or in some part, illegal, then he has every right to call the authorities.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't support crime, if the clerk suspected that the man was a criminal then he should have denied him service and then called the proper authorities, that's where his duties end but he didn't do that, he took his money knowing he was going to kick him out a couple hours later, that's what I call a criminal.
refusing a criminal service could put your life in danger and you should be under no obligation to take such an extra step when dealing with a criminal who could be dangerous.
your advice has thus far only been to put law abiding people in danger, in effort to protect criminals....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Likely that the money was made in America while here illegally.

I wonder what they do with the illegal's US cash in the "public" arrests, is it confiscated or are you handed it all back once at home south of the border?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I already heard this story, motel 6 is cooperating with ICE agents and supplying guest lists on a regular basis, and in some cases getting reimbursement. So far, according to this source, 20 arrests have been made.

thehill.com...

It also makes you wonder, are there certain privacy violations taking place? I mean ok, it's been established that the laws and constitution protect legal citizens, not so much illegal citizens. However, what about the rest of the guests that had their information turned over to the authorities
edit on 14-9-2017 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I lived in Arizona for a few years,they don't mess around like here in Calif with undocumented ,they notify authorities,otherwise they might be charged

top topics

<<   2 >>

join