It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your experiences when praying in Church

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

You probably won't like my post. I'm convinced churches are full of demons and possessed people, churches are like battle zones.

Pray alone, on the mountains, deserts or at home and cry all out.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Prayer has never given me peace or shown me the "right" path, or made me rich, or helped my friends.

Hard work, belief in myself and extreme determination, even when things did not go my way and I was very down, this is when my life worked for me-and yes, I found a job, without prayer.

Believe in yourself and your abilities, even to learn new ones and never let up-you'll find your way eventually. But you gotta believe, in yourself.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Pray alone, on the mountains, deserts or at home and cry all out.

That does have merit in the Bible.
I do remember at least one passage that states something to the effect of not praying in public as the heathen do...
Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
No actually i feel quite the opposite in church. I used to pray in church till i was 18 and started questioning things.

Now I meditate all the time and astral project a lot. During my meditations/projections i always ask god/universe/oneness for knowledge and truth.

I've never felt anything religious or spiritual whatsoever from church though. After questioning monotheism in general, i've come to realize that church is nothing more than a dead end path to keep you spiritually un-evolved and dumbed down.

It is meant to keep you in fear and to keep you from questioning anything about physical reality. Its about authority saying , "don't try to find the answers yourself, we already know the answers, and if you don't follow our rules them you burn in hell for eternity, so give us your money."

There is absolutely nothing spiritual about church or any religion. I fully believe almost all churches are run by satanic pedofiles bent on controlling humanities mind, keeping them in the reincarnation cycle on earth (satans playground as of now)
Learn to astral project and meditate and stop wasting your time (and money) going to church.

edit on 13-9-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I had a very similar experience. I wasn't able to start my spiritual path until I left religion behind.

They will always try to brainwash the masses into thinking that you can't have morals or spirituality without man made religion. That marriage appears to be made in hell. I would even go so far as to state that a person will not truly find spirituality until they start thinking for themselves. Now with a clarity of mind, it almost looks like religion greatly hinders morality as well.

I wouldn't go so far as saying religion was created by supernatural powers, even evil ones. If that were the case, don't you think religion would be a lot more well thought out and impressive compared to what we have today?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I think that's mainly about not making a show of your piety for the sake of displaying it to others.

In other words, when you pray in front of people, are you doing it because you are actually moved to pray or because you just want them to see your praying? There is nothing wrong with the former, but the latter is not because you are worshiping, you're showing off and making a prideful display.

I'm uncomfortable in a lot of churches because I feel like there quite a few who go because they feel it's expected of them to show up every Sunday more than that they're honestly there for God.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think that's mainly about not making a show of your piety for the sake of displaying it to others.

In other words, when you pray in front of people, are you doing it because you are actually moved to pray or because you just want them to see your praying? There is nothing wrong with the former, but the latter is not because you are worshiping, you're showing off and making a prideful display.

I'm uncomfortable in a lot of churches because I feel like there quite a few who go because they feel it's expected of them to show up every Sunday more than that they're honestly there for God.

Which the latter would prove my point....
Cant say much on that one. But sounds true enough...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Eh, that's just my personal feeling on it when he talks about not making a big deal about doing the right thing, like giving charity and stuff. You should be doing it because it's the proper thing to do and not simply because you're making a point of letting everyone else see how generous you are.

It's why I don't get into the big contests about "and how much do you give" when they start up. It's enough for me to simply say we do things and leave it there. If someone wants to think all I do is occasionally chuck some change in a cup, then that's their deal, not mine. I assume most people give stuff here and there or help out. Why wouldn't you when you could?

There's not contest involved. It's just what proper people ought to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
After finding the truth about Satan and the occult, I now decide to give thanks to mother Earth for what I have and what she gave. Sometimes I like to give thanks to God too for giving me a soul to experience the human condition.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Eh, that's just my personal feeling on it when he talks about not making a big deal about doing the right thing, like giving charity and stuff. You should be doing it because it's the proper thing to do and not simply because you're making a point of letting everyone else see how generous you are.

It's why I don't get into the big contests about "and how much do you give" when they start up. It's enough for me to simply say we do things and leave it there. If someone wants to think all I do is occasionally chuck some change in a cup, then that's their deal, not mine. I assume most people give stuff here and there or help out. Why wouldn't you when you could?

There's not contest involved. It's just what proper people ought to do.

Perhaps you mistook me. I was agreeing....
And , yes. I know about giving to the church . Although I havent been in years and years. My wife's pastor sometimes lets some of the ladies know what someone may need . My wife then tells me when she gets home .
I wont say what I have given , but I do agree with giving. In more ways than one..

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Different views/ideas are probably more effective than others when it comes to experiencing placebo/synchronistic effects. The effects can be measured objectively if you have the tools/awareness to do it.

Can we start to connect the placebo effect (intention manipulation of the quantum realm including connecting with entanglement to non 3 space dimensional + 1 time dimensional beings allowing information sharing that can reach conscious awareness level) with increased energy distribution in the body as an effect when it comes to Placebo healing?

Are we allowed to be specific and discuss the different manifestations in the body that brings cold (lowers tempature) energy waves, pulsating energy waves, heat (higher tempature) energy waves and how the bodies nerve system is implementing different levels of energy depending on how focused the being is with it's intention?

In the end everything about manifestation is about manipulating (neutral meaning since good or bad depends on the fruits) probability fields that creates the physical manifestation. Wolfgang Pauli is a perfect example of this.
edit on 13-9-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
My experiences in Church are more Zen.

I keep focused on the silence and stillness to rest and recharge.

I daresay I pray more outside the Sanctuary where there is more chaos.

Within Her walls, I simply embrace the Peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Were you thinking of this prayer when you said that?

Or more something like this?

edit on 14-9-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
So what if he puts you on a path that leads away? Hm? What then?

There is currently a possible path that will lead me away from Him.

So right now I am at a fork in the road. The path to the right is narrow and goes up hill to Heaven. The left path is flat leading to the top of a cliff looking over a bottomless pit.

I guess both God and the devil will make their move before next Saturday 23-9-2017.

Sounds a bit like two guys at this fork in the road, with one advertising his path as easy, loads-of-money, treasures now, whilst the other says His path will one day give me treasures beyond my imagination.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
You probably won't like my post. I'm convinced churches are full of demons and possessed people, churches are like battle zones.

If you are correct then the demons were in my head yesterday monitoring my thoughts.

As Revelation 12 is only 9 days away, it would seem logical to assume that the demons will make their move very soon.

I will keep this thread updated on anything spiritual that occurs during the next week.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Believe in yourself and your abilities, even to learn new ones and never let up-you'll find your way eventually. But you gotta believe, in yourself.

This is in accordance with that fat lazy slob in the Bible (Matthew 25:18) who buried his 1 single talent and God naturally went ballistic on him.

If a person watches sport eating fast foods and does not use their talent(s) to make a living, then naturally someone else will come along and take their ideas (if they have any) and make money from them.

I have an idea about how Elder Futhark Runes can be merged with Chakra from a binary template. However, this is pagan and dangerous. The government institution now knows my idea so the devil knows as well.

The Church now knows why Operation Iraqi Freedom was a complete disaster as I mentioned what actually happened in 2007 before the Operation was started. Lets just say I was in contact with a entity that rebelled from the old Iraq - Babylon. Azazel had to acknowledge this treachery hence the military Operation was created.

Like I said in a previous post, I, with my talents am at a fork in the road. Lets see which street vendor shouts the loudest to tempt me to follow their path.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Tristran because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A church is something new from the bible,it was a fellowship,now the church is used to collect money,and a way for people to feel redeemed,remember in old poor towns in Mexico,the churches were adorned in gold,the Vatican is nothing more then a depository,churches are big buisness

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well yeah if you believe that stuff.
Go's is right up there with aliens. Neither exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

edit on 9-14-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Jesus is the only one good enough and he does it all for me. Even my best works and deeds fall way short of him, Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe, sin had left a it stain but he made me white as snow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join