It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All in a days work[AAM2017]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I still cant believe it. The aliens came for me- just for me. They said they had scoured earths internet and media, trying to sift through humanity to see if there were any that fit their worldview. Apparently, even though I was ignored on earth, my writings made sense to this alien species. "we actually employ a system much like the one you envision, only instead of your internet we have a mind link system, where we can upload and download our thoughts directly to and from a computer interface. It works much like an unconscious mind, taking care of numbers and logistics quietly in the background, and we connect directly to it to communicate in a more raw and powerful way, and to direct the so called "flow" of reality, to a limited extent." as he did so, he waved his hand with an elegantly simple flourish, and created a sandwich from thin air. Bacon, cheese, and salami, with lettuce, peppers, mayo and hot sauce. my favorite.

" Our interface connects directly to the environment, in the unlimited space in which reality itself manifests. This allows us not just to store information, but to pull out energy- and even shape that energy into manifesting itself in various forms. We find it easiest to think of reality as a sort of field in which matter exists as a function of the properties of the waveform. Not just length, amplitude, velocity and wavelength- but density, structure, and composition as well, all radiating out as forms of energy on the electromagnetic scale. Thus we can communicate with civilizations in a multitude of ways, via mind link or connecting directly to whatever medium of communication they use, and it even enables us to bend light, to render gravity null or super heavy. We first became interested in earth when we noticed humans in their simple infancy, like we become interested in all forms of naturally evolving sapient life. We introduced several modifications to the human genome, to become more nimble and dexterous of hand and mind. Unfortunately, we did not accurately predict how the human would react to his intelligence. There is a deep force at work on your planet, something our kind has but experienced only vaguely, something with a very deep hold on man that causes him to become wild or violent, or deformed in his intelligence. We had to be very careful on further interactions with humans, lest we invite their corruption into our systems. It is a strange quirk of our technology, of linking directly into the Zero Source, that we experience not just physical mastery over the outside universe, but metaphysical mastery over our own personal universes- addictions fall away, bad habits get dropped easily, and excellence is achieved readily, but only if the subject wishes to attain such Goodness. In the hands of a truly evil being, one unrepentant for his corruption?" he shuddered. he eyed me with a single stalk as he piloted the ship with the other. "How are you holding up so far?"

My mind was awhir. I had conceived that such a technology must exist, one that brings mankind into his natural balance, linking science and spirituality in one. Gears turned in my mind as I processed his speech. "so... what is being done by your society to combat whatever of its forces use their power to corrupt mankind and enable a certain portion of its people to hold power over the rest" Here he stopped and turned both eyestalks to face me. "I am afraid, young one... I am afraid that nothing can be done. the ones who are doing this to your species... I have no proof, but it is none other than the highest members of ou society, the pillars, so to speak, upon which the entire civilization rests upon them. "all are created equal" tis true, but certain men receive gifts that others come to rely upon them for..." I stared in shock at this alien before me, who had as a basic entitlement the greatest single piece of technology that could ever be invented and yet... yet even he and his people could do nothing against their own government. " please, stop the "car". I don't wish to travel to your planet anymore. I have no use, I will be of no purpose there, and your people will not be able to teach me anything I do not already know. Please, return me to my planet, so I can continue fighting for my people, for it seems that however much you would flout your civilization, it is no different or better than mine." He considered me for a long moment and swung the spaceship around. even travelling at instantaneous speeds, travelling across the universe still took time. He said nothing the whole trip back, and I made to depart silently. he stopped me before I reached the door, however, and slipped something off of his neck with a tentacle, and offered it out to me. I stared for a second, unable to register this gift. he placed it about my own neck, and contorted his tentacle into a rough thumbs up. My heart swelled with tears as he ushered me forth with a final admonition. "it needs people to work, it needs community and fellowship to harvest the subconscious mind torwards higher principles and realities. godspeed, young warrior, you have given me new light that I shall take to my own people."

THE END

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Such truth within the lines. So far my favorite in this competition!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

*Bows* thank you, glad you found it informative and entertaining!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The inherent potentialities within a floating cheese, salami, lettuce, peppers, mayo, hot sauce and bacon sandwich are unrealized in your story.

But I liked it!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I loved how a mere human held the power of inspiration for aliens more advanced technologically, but not in the ways that matter most. Wonderfully done!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I think I catch a hint or a whisper of your meaning. Care to elaborate?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: chr0naut

I think I catch a hint or a whisper of your meaning. Care to elaborate?

I wondered what happened to the sandwich. While your story was a short one, in real life there are entirely automatic parts of our brain that constantly deal with spatial arrangements and proximities. In my imagination of the scenario, I wondered why there was no further mention of the sandwich which because of the novelty of its appearance, its fate would be similarly something to note.

The deep conceptual nature of the narrative was a little at odds with mundane nature of our attention.

Not to detract from the story which I liked, just a personal perspective.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I liked it very much and the happy ending.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ah, indeed. Thank you very much for that observation! Indeed, Imust pay care to my mundane aspects of the story as well. thanks again!a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey there glad you like it, TNM! Our main character still has a lot to go through before he sees any happy moment he would call and ending, haha a reply to: TNMockingbird

top topics

join