It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Washington State high school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: the owlbear

I agree with teachers be armed, HOWEVER all it would take would be a teacher go bat poop crazy and start firing. I feel as if the concept would fail miserably

Question, if a teacher decided he wanted to come to school and kill students and/or faculty, but he worked at a school that doesn't arm its teachers, do you think he'll just change his mind and decide he doesn't really want to commit mass murder after all? Or will he just go buy his own gun and do it anyway?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

but you got here first.

The whistles go WHOOOOOOOO!!!!
Whoooooo, Whooooooooo!!!!

That's only in the morning.
I may have posted first, but we shall see.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Kids will just eat their pop tarts into shanks.
Ever been on the inside?

One thing we can not stop is that when a person WANTS to kill they will kill even if the weapon is a pop tart...lol

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Guns are easily bought and traded in the United States. 

So is gasoline.

In the county of my birth, more people died last year due to heroin overdoses than gunshots.

Heroin is not legal... at all. But it is easily obtained.

edit on b000000302017-09-13T17:04:35-05:0005America/ChicagoWed, 13 Sep 2017 17:04:35 -0500500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

but you got here first.

Sure did.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So is gasoline.

In the county of my birth, more people died last year due to heroin overdoses than gunshots.

Heroin is not legal... at all. But it is easily obtained.

I can get gasoline easily.
Heroin.
Not so much.

Maybe I should ask around since ATS seems to have some good things to say about heroin.

edit on 13-9-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Heroin is easy to get.
You can buy it on street corners in large cities or in a mobile home in a rural area.
No ID required, no minimum age requirements.
You just need money.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

The NRA was first on the scene saying, "Democrats want to take your guns. Pay us and we will lobby against gun grabbing Democrats". Or "if the teachers were all armed, this wouldn't have happened".

Sorry. I know there is no information yet, but that's how the thread will eventually go...
Yay, ATS!

actually it is republicans who want to take your guns. not democrats.
snopes: governor signs order to take registered guns

around here you're only allowed to blame hillary or a black guy, republicans never did anything wrong ever and guns have never killed anyone, period.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Maybe guns aren't a problem and lack of education is? Guns are just easier way to kill. One of dozens. Problem is people willing to murder. Learned that all your problems are going to be solved by pulling a trigger.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The NRA was first on the scene saying, "Democrats want to take your guns. Pay us and we will lobby against gun grabbing Democrats". Or "if the teachers were all armed, this wouldn't have happened".

Sorry. I know there is no information yet, but that's how the thread will eventually go...
Yay, ATS!

Uhhh...Virgin Islands ?
Looks like you need informed . Allow me .
Is the Virgin Islands a member of the Union of States ?
Do they fall under the Constitution even ?
Do they vote in any form of elections other than local ?
Hint : the answer to all 3 is a resounding no

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

But let's look at reality people...

Who's reality ? Yours ? Why should I ?
I kneel to no person....
Do you ?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Teachers are as unbalanced as their students.
Those same guns can and are used for violent acts.

I will never say that anyone doesn't have the right to own a nuclear sub if they could afford it...
But let's look at reality people...

We could bubble boy everyone and label all as crazy. I think we should lower all speed limits to 25...will save more lives than removing all guns.

This may be a bit off-topic , but the lowering of the speed limit :

NHTSA’s National Center for Statistics and Analysis 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, DC 20590 Traffic Safety Facts

I know it is outdated , but what I have read, the trend still continues
Interesting , isnt it ?

On topic , everything around you right now is a deadly weapon.....
Taught that in Self-Defense school long ago...

edit on 9/13/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's so sad to think that once again the NRA will be unjustly thrust into the spotlight for this. Their vigilant crusade to stop any sensible gun legislation will again bring them unfair scrutiny. After all, they are doing their best to make sure that more than 30,000 Americans die this year from gunfire. Please help them in their quest. PRAY FOR THE NRA!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

So all those suicides, which the majority of those are, would just change their minds if they had no access to a gun? They'd still be alive? Is it the GUN that causes them to feel like they want to end their lives?

God to be this naive.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yay, ATS!

Uhhh...Virgin Islands ?
Looks like you need informed . Allow me .
Is the Virgin Islands a member of the Union of States ?
Do they fall under the Constitution even ?
Do they vote in any form of elections other than local ?
Hint : the answer to all 3 is a resounding no

wikipedia: united states virgin islands

The U.S. Virgin Islands are an organized, unincorporated United States territory. Although they are U.S. citizens, U.S. Virgin Islanders residing in the territory are ineligible to vote for the President of the United States. They are however eligible to vote if they become residents of mainland U.S. states. The U.S. Democratic and Republican parties allow U.S. Virgin Islands citizens to vote in their presidential primary elections for delegates to the respective national conventions[19]. People born in the U.S. Virgin Islands derive their U.S. citizenship from Congressional statute.

they are united states citizens

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Did I say they were not ?
Go back and reread
You just backed up exactly what I said....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We're all arguing about the wrong thing.

There's a point to be made for stricter gun control, but that's not the issue here, nor is arming teachers...the issue here is mental health.

Why isn't that the main topic of discussion? Bullying, Suicide, Social outcasts, School councilors, How to raise well adjusted kids, warning signs that someone is about to snap, Suicide indicators, how schools handle conflict, threats, fights, bullying, programs (like martial arts for all students) etc. (In most cases a martial arts instructor will teach at a school for free or a reduced rate or heavily discounted) etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yeah mental health is an issue. Unfortunately these days we teach kids to hide from problems and pretend they don't exist. There's kids at Berkeley sucking their thumbs right now over a speech, and instead of being taught how to deal with hearing differing views, they're just being coddled more which is exactly what led them to be so mentally weak in the first place. Young people need to be taught resilience and mental fortitude, not that they never do anything wrong and they're right about everything and they're always a winner. That doesn't give you well-adjusted people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join