It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeez get over yourselves. Or ATS isn't a battle ground.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is getting really old. No matter the topic, be it political or not, there's the same 10 people from both sides(it rotates depending on who's online) going at it over and over and over again. It's tit for tat and it's THE SAME DAMN CRAP EVERY TIME. Even threads not political are subjected to this tripe. All it takes is one of those people to post something provocative(perfect word for this) and the topic is taken over by these people.

This site isn't a battlefield, nor is it an elementary school playground. There are many of us that would like to discuss topics but are shouted down by those playing political internet warrior. We have thoughts. We also have questions but they won't be answered as the din of the small but LOUD crowd drowns out everything else.

This:

...accomplishes nothing but ego stoking. Can the quiet majority have some time here to actually discuss matters? I'm not saying don't post but let's have less of the same old junk thrown around at your "opponent". We've read it all ad nauseum. Let's have something new... with less antagonism.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I have to say the discussions are far more interesting compared to a couple of weeks ago. There seems to be a change happening here on ATS, way less political discussions... Your rant would've been appropriate a couple of weeks ago though.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just ignore them,they have yet to figure out both sides are controlled,they are all working for the same end goal.Some people rather believe a convenient lie than than an unfortunate truth.

Idiots arguing politics are an unavoidable fact of life,learn to ignore them or you will just be frustrated all the time. After I stopped giving a crap about politics I find myself in a more positive mindset,after all it is just a tool to divide us.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Most people these days argue to pad their ego, not to learn anything. Which is why it seems like a schoolyard.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the mud pit, I doubt if I'd even bother to log on.

Except for this thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(post by JoshuaCox removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm uncertain as to whether you lump me into that group of 10 on either side, but I know that I'm guilty of getting bated into exit-less debates in certain forums, for sure, and I find it difficult to walk away, depending on my mood.

There exists a conundrum in your desire, though--you seek out "actual discuss[ion]," but often times in my experience, when I actually try to discuss something, I am pounced on by at least three or four different people, and it's generally the same at any given time (like you say...depending who's online at the time). I don't think that the problem isn't that some of us can't hold intelligent, civil discussions, it's that, dependent upon which thread, of course, we're not allowed to (as you've noted).

I always waver between being perceived as one of "those members" (dual meaning is noted) in certain forums and considering myself a random-enough forum jumper that no one even really notices me much.

But, as someone who can easily be lured into arguments, it's also worth noting that, generally, when I comment and it turns into what may be perceived as an ego-stoking bickering match, I'm still trying to discuss and educate and learn. Sometimes the tone of the debate may mask that reality, but it's not fair to assume that just because people are seemingly in a heated debate, that the debate is not worth having.

That said, I get what you're saying completely, and there are threads that seemed to have some major promise where I was going to really learn something and be able to dive into it be derailed...and then derailed again...before I even get a chance to discuss anything, leaving me to silently go research on my own and miss out on discovering things that I did not.

Your use of "provocative" is perfect, but the sad reality is that we live in such an easily provoked world that nearly every. single. thing. triggers someone's anger or emotional reactions. Hell, even just using those periods in such a way probably rubbed someone the wrong way.

I know that I try hard not to be "that guy" in a thread, and all I can do is hope that it is perceived that way by others, but the reality is that sometimes people say things that lack so much logic that calling them out is making the world a better place.

And then there are those who always compose such looong comments...I hate those guys

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Butthurtinflictor

That's because there were hurricanes affecting real people in very negative ways. Once that passes, we'll return to the regularly scheduled threads, I assume.

Here's to hoping that I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Lol..

This is hilarious to anyone who reads your posts...

Most of my posts are of the humorous nature. I DO get "triggered", not by the left or right posts but by the left AND right posts that are reruns of previous discussions. Outrageous spin also gets on my nerves as it's designed to provoke.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Most of my posts are of the humorous nature. I DO get "triggered", not by the left or right posts but by the left AND right posts that are reruns of previous discussions. Outrageous spin also gets on my nerves as it's designed to provoke.

Right?

We get what you're saying, some people like climbing that Hill of re-re's and Trumping other topics that are much more interesting. Now, because I don't want to leave you in sus-Pence, I'm off to get some Colonel Sanders.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

When I come here, I am not looking for people to agree with me, I come for discussion. I have had good discussions change my opinion, and bad one's re-affirm them. I enjoy light hearted jabs, and can take some light abuse, but I really don't like assholes, and fully acknowledge that I can be one at times. But in the end, this place is like family and if I met almost anyone here, I'd smile an buy them a beer. But that one guy, I'd smash his face in.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
But in the end, this place is like family and if I met almost anyone here, I'd smile an buy them a beer.

Mine would have to be a Budweiser Prohibition.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

When I come here, I am not looking for people to agree with me, I come for discussion. I have had good discussions change my opinion, and bad one's re-affirm them. I enjoy light hearted jabs, and can take some light abuse, but I really don't like assholes, and fully acknowledge that I can be one at times. But in the end, this place is like family and if I met almost anyone here, I'd smile an buy them a beer. But that one guy, I'd smash his face in.

Ummm...smash my face in...?

Why...whatever didn't I do...?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Oh #, I never thought you would come here and read that.
Sorry man, I didn't really mean it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

How most people picture themselves on ATS.

But how they really are..

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

But in the end, this place is like family and if I met almost anyone here, I'd smile an buy them a beer.

I figured you for a Labats Blue, or Moosehead. I don't know that I have ever heard of a cannuk who admitted to drinking Budweiser.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I figured you for a Labats Blue, or Moosehead. I don't know that I have ever heard of a cannuk who admitted to drinking Budweiser.

It's nonalcoholic. Recent liver transplant. I can't drink...ever. That doesn't tasted half bad though. Not like previous attempts at "dealcoholizing" beer.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Whinge whinge whinge 🤣 If it wasn't for the ' 10 people ' you mention this site would probably have half wits (who think they have an alien friend that talks to them ..) arguing and talking bollocks all the time .. this site is ace so stop whinging .. 😁

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Oh wow, sorry to hear about that. Beer is over rated anyway. .......I can't believe I was able to type that.
I'd buy you a sweet tea. I like it mixed with lemonade. But none for Augustus. He' given too much chit over the years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join