It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stevie Wonder thinks YOU are blind and or stupid.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I guess you wouldn't see a problem with the delivery. Rational folks might. Someone like me might see that as an antagonistic jab, like a childish taunt. Someone like me might think farther out than the next 4 minutes and try to include everyone by not driving a wedge between myself and some others who may not fully trust the system.

I couldn't care less and I am not as easily offended as you appear to be. Also, I think rational people would be watching the event to be entertained and possibly donate some cash to the cause.

I have been saying this for a while. There is a way to still get things done, without having to belittle others to stroke your pathetic ego. Forget about trying to convince others to "join the AGW crowd". Bring up common sense solutions to real world issues like the pollution caused by farm runoff in rivers, or try to tackle the giant island of plastic floating in the oceans. Or even convince people that pollution from factories and power plants is bad, and should be monitored and reduced if possible. (we already do that, and amazingly, everyone is OK with it)

Ego has nothing to do with it and it can be difficult to get things done when you have an entire group of people that refuse to look at this issue outside of their conspiratorial mindset. Your post is indicative of that mindset.

There is no need to be more correct on this topic. As with the election results, when one side pushes their agenda with such aggression, expect push back. It's human nature. But I'm preaching to the same idiots who lost the election to Donald Trump and will likely loose again, because they refuse to realize their direction is incorrect.

You're only preaching to your own choir, not anyone else because you're not in any position to do so.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So we're ALL a bunch of snowflakes - is that what you're saying?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Climate Change isn't a religion. You don't get fulfillment or change the world just by believing. Believing it is true is only step one in a life long process of engagement both publicly and privately.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Boadicea

that is what I thought, just before I changed the channel. But to be honest, I wouldn't have donated though a telethon anyway. But I am still continually amazed as the arrogance of those who are really so stupid that they WONT question the narrative due to not wanting to look like one of "them". #ing lemmings.

My dad would have called it believing their own publicity... and would have added a choice name for them as well. But I have to admit that I've always had a problem with these type of telethons. There is just something very wrong with multi-millionaires begging the masses for handouts -- no matter how worthy the cause! I'm far more impressed with Kevin Hart's approach:

Kevin Hart challenges fellow celebs to donate to Hurricane Harvey relief
Kevin Hart Helps Raise $800,000 For Hurricane Harvey Relief

That's how it should be done!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
What does Stevie Wonder know about climate change? He can't even see.

How much climate change data is written in braille?

Did you just enter our era from the 1920's? Blind people get around and can be as properly educated as the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Stevie Wonder is alive?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
And yet, no viable solution.

A room full of jet setting, mansion owning energy hogging celebrities preaching gorebull warming.

When will they practice the religion they preach?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

A room full of jet setting, mansion owning energy hogging celebrities preaching gorebull warming.

Maybe if we didn't have to spend so much effort trying to convince people such as yourself thinking that not having a viable solution to a problem is a valid reason to disbelieve the problem actually exists to believe in the problem we could be discussing solutions instead?
edit on 13-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So we're ALL a bunch of snowflakes - is that what you're saying?

Don't tell anyone, but yea.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Stevie sold himself out to the highest bidder. That's fng sad. I wonder what they offered him for that, the gift of insight?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Maybe if we didn't have to spend so much effort trying to convince people such as yourself thinking that not having a viable solution to a problem is a valid reason to disbelieve the problem actually exists to believe in the problem we could be discussing solutions instead?

What do you win for converting him, or me for that matter? Do you get a prize for every 10 converts?

As I said, would coming up with a solution that might fix things, but offered in a non-shove it down your throat way, still be just as effective?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The viable solutions have been invented and purposely hidden, bought and destroyed, or sabatoged since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

My solution would be creating better safeguards in the lobby and crony capitalist system to get artifacts that are more efficient in use.

The energy sector has crippled innovators through lobby and strong arm tactics sincw the start of manufacturing.

We don't have the best most efficient products we have the ones with the best lobby power and advertising campaigns. GE is practically a government company.

edit on 13-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I don't get what he's supposed to have done wrong.

There very clearly is global warming.

Only the cause is in dispute, but he never mentioned that.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What do you win for converting him, or me for that matter? Do you get a prize for every 10 converts?

I'm not trying to win anything. This isn't a contest. It's my home planet, and the only one I can live on. I'm trying to build support so that those people can turn around and make sure they support politicians and businesses who also support measures to promote climate friendly policies.

As it stands, there are too many people with their heads in the sand refusing to look at the evidence and listening to pundits on tv telling them it is fake. Those people are effecting policy with their votes during elections. That mentality needs to change.

As I said, would coming up with a solution that might fix things, but offered in a non-shove it down your throat way, still be just as effective?

How about joining the discussion with solution ideas? All you seem to do is look for ways to criticize the Climate efforts, but you don't do anything to change things yourself. You are so fake.
edit on 13-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Says the guy crying about a celebrity opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

There is no chance of us finding a solution we can agree on if we cannot even agree that there is a problem that needs a solution.

When someone such as yourself tries to frame the issue as some sort of nonsensical belief, how can we expect to come to any sort of logical solution?
edit on 13-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I think the complaint is, he should have been more PC about how he said it. Or at least there should have been a trigger warning.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

There is no chance of us finding a solution we can agree on if e cannot even agree that there is a problem that needs a solution.

When someone such as yourself tries to frame the issue as some sort of nonsensical belief, how can we expect to come to any sort of logical solution?

You can't.

In my opinion there is no argument for artifact based solutions. If the energy is cleaner and cost effective and renewable, including the sources for the builds there is simply only a political crony reason to not adapt more efficient technology.
edit on 13-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

It would be like saying Democrats are the only smart party that exists, if you can't see that, you are blind and or unintelligent. I realize that's hyperbole, but the way AGW is politicized and has become a left vs. right thing, that is how that came across. Leaving it out of a fundraiser would have been the smart move. Alienating anyone when you are asking for donations is stupid.(IMHO)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

A fundraiser about weather.

And no its not a right left thing.

Many republicans believe in global warming. From congressmentering to voters.

The disagreement is over taxation and government mandates.

If somebody could clean up the lobby problem the artifacts themselves would take over. However the industry is so full of powerful monopoly like corruption it's very difficult to change.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join