It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stevie Wonder thinks YOU are blind and or stupid.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Singer Stevie Wonder kicked off Tuesday’s star studded Hand In Hand telethon to raise money for hurricane recovery by getting political. Wonder started the show by saying, “Anyone who believes that there’s no such thing as global warming must be blind or unintelligent.”

dailycaller.com...

That was his first comment of the night. Way to appeal to the whole audience there Steve.

But I digress. I'm ready to believe. In fact, I'm full blown "into it". Now, what do I do different? (besides not have to go to jail now)

What changes? did the world just get a bit brighter? Did I save a few starving kids in a third world country? Did I single handedly stave off the next great hurricane? Or is everything the same, and my belief really doesn't change anything at all?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yes, you're famous
No, we don't care about your politics

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
those that believe exxon mobil's claim that global warming is a chinese conspiracy are generally the same folk that believe anti fascists to be fascist and fear white people to be a minority, they genuinely are the stupidest people alive.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That was his first comment of the night. Way to appeal to the whole audience there Steve.

And that was when I stopped watching. (I can just come to ATS if I want to be insulted...)

I wonder how many other folks did the same? And how many people therefore did not donate who otherwise would have???

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

that is what I thought, just before I changed the channel. But to be honest, I wouldn't have donated though a telethon anyway. But I am still continually amazed as the arrogance of those who are really so stupid that they WONT question the narrative due to not wanting to look like one of "them". #ing lemmings.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well, he is correct.

One must be blind or stupid to at least not consider the information in regards to global warming/climate change.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Now that you have acknowledged the reality, begin (or, hopefully, continue) to Act accordingly.

Reduce you carbon footprint.

Support efforts efforts to combat the effects of climate change.

And, as new converts to every "belief" system (remember when You thought it was just a "belief"?) have done throughout history...

Preach!

Preach to those still in denial, so that the Truth shall set them free (and maybe save their grandkids butts!).

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Boadicea

that is what I thought, just before I changed the channel. But to be honest, I wouldn't have donated though a telethon anyway. But I am still continually amazed as the arrogance of those who are really so stupid that they WONT question the narrative due to not wanting to look like one of "them". #ing lemmings.

An ironic post indeed .

link   

It depends what you mean by belief network dude.

I believe that no matter how it is caused (which is not important anymore), the crucial thing is that a) Climate Change is occuring, and b) the response must be correct. So, for example, I re-use any and all plastic containers, wherever and whenever I can. Not only is this a good idea for the sake of the environment, but a money saver. Recycle things, and I do not mean recycle by tipping crap in a bag and sending it to a plant to be reconstituted, I mean re-use anything you can. Its going to save you money as well, so you might want to consider it no matter what your thinking is on Global Warming.

Also, walk more than you drive, or if you live too far away from everything to make that a reality, do more in each trip you take in your car. Consider changing the way you consume fuel products, the way you heat and light your home, changing suppliers to ones which utilise more of the renewable market.

But this next part is crucial:

Get your local representatives, your governors, senator, and whomever else has any power in politics, to accept there is a threat, and to engage in mitigation methods for it. If you live coastal, get your representatives to support coastal defence systems which are not looking to cover the next couple of decades, but the next hundred years of sea level increase. Lobby your representatives to force building firms and insurers to change the specs for dwellings in areas at risk from natural disasters, like hurricanes, tornadoes and other weather phenomena, so that ALL dwellings in them are entirely proof against those threats (its well within the realms of technical possibility, and is the only responsible reaction to the changing and increasing threat these things pose).

Get them also to lobby hard for renewable methods of getting energy from their surroundings, force them to abandon fossil fuels for any useage other than the movement of cars, and get them the hell out of every other industrial process that they can be, as a matter of technical fact, not affordability (which will be dictated by markets, which like oil, and therefore cannot be trusted to be honest about what is possible and what is not).

Get your representatives to advocate for anti-fracking groups, and refuse to support any notion of fracking in your local area. Use only responsibly farmed woods for building projects, and only purchase furniture which is from responsibly sourced wood. Refuse point blank to accept any wooden product where the wood came from anywhere south of the Mexico/US border, because no matter what is written on it, you cannot be sure it is not the spawn of illegal logging.

Those are things you can do, just a start mind, but all things you could be doing.

Just changing a few things about your own life, and making sure your representatives understand your position and are going to do their best to represent your position to your government. Thats all.
edit on 13-9-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
Yes, you're famous
No, we don't care about your politics

You are not famous, and no one cares about your opinion either.

link   

Truth hurts and ignorance isn't strength. I can see that, all of it.

But it will take another kind of wonder to make the idiots realize it themselves.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think someone is even more stupid if they believe that humans could properly steer the convoluted climate.

There's just too much going on and we could end up doing more harm than good.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What does Stevie Wonder know about climate change? He can't even see.

How much climate change data is written in braille?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Well, he is correct.

One must be blind or stupid to at least not consider the information in regards to global warming/climate change.

I guess you wouldn't see a problem with the delivery. Rational folks might. Someone like me might see that as an antagonistic jab, like a childish taunt. Someone like me might think farther out than the next 4 minutes and try to include everyone by not driving a wedge between myself and some others who may not fully trust the system.

I have been saying this for a while. There is a way to still get things done, without having to belittle others to stroke your pathetic ego. Forget about trying to convince others to "join the AGW crowd". Bring up common sense solutions to real world issues like the pollution caused by farm runoff in rivers, or try to tackle the giant island of plastic floating in the oceans. Or even convince people that pollution from factories and power plants is bad, and should be monitored and reduced if possible. (we already do that, and amazingly, everyone is OK with it)

There is no need to be more correct on this topic. As with the election results, when one side pushes their agenda with such aggression, expect push back. It's human nature. But I'm preaching to the same idiots who lost the election to Donald Trump and will likely loose again, because they refuse to realize their direction is incorrect.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Do you honestly think that blind people cannot tell when the weather is insane?

Put another way, do you think that if you shut your eyes, you cannot hear or feel things either?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

But I'm preaching to the same idiots who lost the election to Donald Trump and will likely loose again, because they refuse to realize their direction is incorrect.

Well that was certainly an antagonistic jab. Surely there was a nicer way to say that.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Stevie could of put it better.

However he is correct in that our pollution is affecting the planet.

Even if you do not want to believe that our pollution is making the planet warmer. You should be terrified that any pollution could be affecting the unborn.

In places like China that have little environmental oversight. Pollution is causing a high rate of birth defects.

www.theepochtimes.com...

In China, a baby is born with birth defects about every 30 seconds, accounting for about 20 percent of the world’s birth defects each year.

If you love fetuses this should be your wake up call to help stop pollution.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

that is and has been my point with this. The same things that need to get done, can get done with a different approach. We don't need to frighten everyone about how Climate Change is causing sea level rise, we can show them that sea level has been steadily rising for thousands of years and will likely continue. We can look at temperature fluctuations and say with certainty that things are changing and the cause isn't known, but the effects are becoming an issue. Ways to mitigate the problems exist and here is what they are. All that can be done without stepping onto the high horse and proclaiming that you are smarter than the rest.

I am insignificant. My belief or lack thereof will not change anything. I don't need to be converted. But I am very willing to help the environment, very willing to do what I physically can to improve the world I live in. I just won't be bullied into doing it. I'd rather fight against the bully and make him wish he wasn't one. But egos are fragile.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: eXia7

Do you honestly think that blind people cannot tell when the weather is insane?

Put another way, do you think that if you shut your eyes, you cannot hear or feel things either?

You sound so matter of fact. Are you blind by any chance? Or are you just having a knee-jerk reaction?

I just find it funny that a blind person is calling me blind even though I can read the data from both sides of the isle on this issue. Not just believe what I'm spoon fed by Al Gore aka ManBearPig.
edit on 9/13/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But I'm preaching to the same idiots who lost the election to Donald Trump and will likely loose again, because they refuse to realize their direction is incorrect.

Well that was certainly an antagonistic jab. Surely there was a nicer way to say that.

It was for the poster a few above that, who played his part to a "T". I'm far from perfect. While I see the problem and might see the solution, my ego is just as fragile as others, perhaps even similar to yours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join