It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun and the Brexit: German edition..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Source first: The Sun (In German)

Seriously, Sun? Putting one of your worse articles through google.translate and PUBLISH it?
For those who do not speak German, this article is full of translation errors, usually done by automated translations.

For example "to grab the chief negotiators by the throat" was translated to "die Verhandlungsführer durch den Hals zu ergreifen ", which could be translated back to English as "to grab the chief negotiator THROUGH the throat". Nonsense.

Okay, 1 out of 10 points for trying, but the content itself is not at all compatible with EUs or Germanys ideas of the brexit or the images of the negotiators on both sides.
Try again, Sun. This won't fly.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Harder to translate German to English.

We say, I'm going to the store. They say, To the store I go.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Which ever way it is said .....

Were Leaving
HOORAY

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

May I ask about the advantages the UK expects from it?
I appreciate the answer, because continental EU only hears about the bad things which will only happen to the UK, obviously.

What does the UK expect. What do you expect? Cheaper ale, higher paying jobs, more tea my dear?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

I appreciate the answer, because continental EU only hears about the bad things which will only happen to the UK, obviously.

What does the UK expect. What do you expect? Cheaper ale, higher paying jobs, more tea my dear?

Too many to collate in a short reply as I am soon going out .....

No 1 in my book is the directives from the EU ... even now when the process

has begun I see that vaccume cleaners are to be virtually halved in the power

that they are allowed to produced to use, having already a few years ago been

reduced in power!

And just maybe we will eventually get back the old light bulbs

Just one small thing to begin with.... But as a saying the Scots have goes ......

*Many a mickle makes a muckle* to translate * means Many small things

accumulate.*

When our government displeases the people, we can deselect them within a short

time , and we are not stuck with what other countries want. I say other countries

but actually its mainly what Germany (Merkle) wants that gets done.Look at the EU

countries who want to control their immigration (there are others besides the UK)

but are not being allowed to??

We will no longer be a huge cumbersome slow moving (because of the size)

conglomerate,

We will become a lean, mean working machine.

edit on 13-9-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

That's the amount of delusional nonsense I'd expect after this clueless Brexit with Mays strategy of no strategy whatsoever.

*Crickets*
edit on 13-9-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Too many to collate in a short reply as I am soon going out .....

No 1 in my book is the directives from the EU ... even now when the process

has begun I see that vaccume cleaners are to be virtually halved in the power

that they are allowed to produced to use, having already a few years ago been

reduced in power!

Well, as far as I understood, the 13,000 EU-regulations will be converted to local law. Later, they can be revised then by local government. But first, you will be stuck with the 1:1 converted regulations.
And really, I do not know if I want the old bulbs back, the LEDs are nicer. IMO.
The vacuums are a another thing which seems ridiculous, but the EU wants to drop emissions and what better way than to start at a lot of small things (and leave the big problems out).. I don't know..

Just one small thing to begin with.... But as a saying the Scots have goes ......

*Many a mickle makes a muckle* to translate * means Many small things

accumulate.*

When our government displeases the people, we can deselect them within a short

time , and we are not stuck with what other countries want. I say other countries

but actually its mainly what Germany (Merkle) wants that gets done.Look at the EU

countries who want to control their immigration (there are others besides the UK)

but are not being allowed to??
Not the problem right now, how many immigrants where there from North-Africa or Syria to the UK? I heard about a few thousand waiting in Calais/France, but how many came over? Besides the usual immigrations from Poland, etc? Where do I find data about that?
And hey, its "In for a penny, in for a pound". I know that the UK pays more than Poland or Hungary to the UK, but that should not be a cause to being excluded from other duties.
It is not a problem for Germany, but for Greece and Italy - why should we leave them hanging?

Okay, UK is out. Immigration won't stop. UK was an immigration-prone country forever.

We will no longer be a huge cumbersome slow moving (because of the size)

conglomerate,

We will become a lean, mean working machine.

Why? How? How is the EU detaining its members from an active working market? I do not think that there is an easy, or even explainable way to describe how the UK would start running differently. Because what would have to happen to have more jobs? Lower/drop the minimum pay, is that a good way for the population?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Re establishment of sovereign law (main reason most people that i know who voted out actually voted out for). The thing is, i don't think this will actually be of much benefit, certainly in the short to medium term.

I fully expect stagnation of wages and rises in energy and food costs (we will be much worse off), just based on basic economic modelling. But hey, what do i know?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Well, whenever I hear about this sovereign law, I think about clean beaches and this:
imgur.com...

and then I remember ATS's not working pic-import..

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
That's the amount of delusional nonsense I'd expect after this clueless Brexit with Mays strategy of no strategy whatsoever.

May is doing OK .... She would being doing much better if her hands were not

being tied behind her back.
David Cameron gave the people the refendum

he didn't have an option, neither did he think he would loose. When he did loose

he hadn't the b@lls to go through what the people voted for, so like the coward

he is he cut and run.

I have lived through possibly more governments (18 in total) than other members

of ATS ..... good bad and indifferent. Before the EU and in the EU, and I am fully

aware of what was best

In my early career I achieved a fair amount of success in the area I lived and was

often asked 'why I didn't try my luck in London..... boils down to does one want to

be a big fish in a small sea, or a small fish in a big sea? that's how I see the UK.

The UK has been very successful before the EU and it will be again

after the EU.

As an aside it is mo the EU is already crumbling ......

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The vacuums are a another thing which seems ridiculous, but the EU wants to drop emissions and what better way than to start at a lot of small things (and leave the big problems out).. I don't know..

Let me guess 'you don't do the cleaning?

Not the problem right now, how many immigrants where there from North-Africa or Syria to the UK? I heard about a few thousand waiting in Calais/France, but how many came over? Besides the usual immigrations from Poland, etc?

On every news programme I have ever seen when any immigrants are interviewed

and asked if they are happy in which ever camp/place they are in, without fail

they ALL say there aim is to reach the UK.... Would that be because we have

more of what they want than the rest of Europe??

Perhaps they have more faith in the UK and Brexit than the rest of Europe.

Okay, UK is out. Immigration won't stop. UK was an immigration-prone country forever.

We have the benefit of not being land locked and new jobs.....coastguards?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Good way to look at it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Which ever way it is said .....

Were Leaving
HOORAY

Imo, UK never joined. UK is only country didn't have to adopt the Euro...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

what utter twaddle

clean air ?? the clean air act [ 1956 ] was an independant brittish legilation that predates the EEC // treaty of rome

inteligence and police co-operation ? - try interpol , NATO etc etc etc

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Imo, UK never joined. UK is only country didn't have to adopt the Euro...

Your'e quite right there ..... I just cant be bothered to keep repeating it

as thats the EU way of doing things 'railroading'.

The only person that stood up to and managed to get anything from them (rebate)

was Margaret Thatcher.

There were a couple of MP's who surreptitiously signed a couple of treaties on

our behalf, patronisingly saying it was nothing, just a minor signature required.

Then Tony Blair getting a derisory rebate not worth the paper it was written on.

Then the Final straw scared David Cameron coming away with his tail between

his legs, and NO concessions, humiliated into letting the people have their

referendum.

Yes we joined the European market ..... somewhere along the line a slight of hand

made us members of the EU

Edit to add....

WHY are we paying for a divorce .... when we've never been properly married

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yes we joined the European market ..... somewhere along the line a slight of hand

made us members of the EU

In appearance only. Keeping the Pound was evidence they weren't going to be the ones to get saddled with debt and "Austerity", the Crown was going to reap the rewards. Now that it is becoming costly they want to bow out.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

In appearance only. Keeping the Pound was evidence they weren't going to be the ones to get saddled with debt and "Austerity", the Crown was going to reap the rewards. Now that it is becoming costly they want to bow out.

Economics[edit]
The UK Treasury first assessed five economic tests in October 1997, when it was decided that the UK economy was neither sufficiently converged with that of the rest of the EU, nor sufficiently flexible, to justify a recommendation of membership at that time.

Another assessment was published on 9 June 2003 by Gordon Brown, when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer. Though maintaining the government's positive view on the euro, the report opposed membership because four out of the five tests were not passed. However, the 2003 document also noted the considerable progress of the UK towards satisfying the five tests since 1997, and the desirability of making policy decisions to adapt the UK economy to better satisfy the tests in future. It cited considerable long-term benefits to be gained from eventual, prudently conducted EMU membership.

Some believe that removing the United Kingdom's ability to set its own interest rates would have detrimental effects on its economy. One argument is that currency flexibility is a vital tool and that the sharp devaluation of sterling in 2008 was just what Britain needed to rebalance its economy.[9] Another objection is that many continental European governments have large unfunded pension liabilities. They fear that if Britain adopts the euro, these liabilities could put a debt burden on the British taxpayer,[10] though others have dismissed this argument as spurious.[11]

en.wikipedia.org...

Didn't we do well? .... Greece?? Spain? Portugal? Italy?.....

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Uk is about to re-instate the powers of its own government . The Uk will have a very powerful government

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
The Uk is about to re-instate the powers of its own government . The Uk will have a very powerful government

I laughed so hard, i fell down from the sofa.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I just want to point out that the UK is not the only country that hasn't adopted the Euro. Only 19 out of the 28 member states have the but they will soon have to, except for the UK and Denmark, or any other lucky country that manages to get out of the EU.
en.wikipedia.org...

Also Tony Blair didn't get us a bigger rebate, he actually gave away £9.3 billion
www.telegraph.co.uk...

On topic, who cares what the Sun says?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join