It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for World War 3

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

You need to find your happy place and go visit there every now and then when all these thoughts control your mind. Reality is a bitch but you don't have to spend all your time with her.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

You need to find your happy place and go visit there every now and then when all these thoughts control your mind. Reality is a bitch but you don't have to spend all your time with her.

A happy place like this one...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Par for the course in our post modern era. "it's all been done before" is one of the post modern problems that may be done to death now, literally in your perspective. Everything (in at least our culture) has reached a peak and instead of any truly novel changes or additions, stagnation occurs and things just become more extreme and corrupt. So you think that it may have to correct by a wide scale conflict in the form of a world war, possibly a nuclear one.

Things can evolve for the better without self-destruction even though conflict of some kind is certain. Technology has seemed to be overly applied to negative applications, but the core changes will eventually cause humanity to adapt and survive, maybe even thrive. Negative applications are first order and that certainly needs to change and mostly because of that it takes more time for the positive changes to come forward, but they eventually do.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Mussolini once said in a speech that "blood alone moves the wheels of history". Honestly, I like that quote, but I'm curious of what you think the alternative is? What is it you fear will happen if there is no war to "save" us?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
I firmly believe that it is time for World War 3 - a massive and casualty heavy world wide conflict that may include thermo nuclear weapons.

*snip*

Societies have to rebuilt from time to time to ensure the evolution of humans - and I mean that in terms of society and technology evolution. In human history, most of these happened during war times.

I am sorry, I don't want war, but I think it's the only thing that will rescue us in the end before we go truly extinct.

Maybe it needs to be rebuilt, but what gets changed?

I think that's your weak point. The argument would go over better if you broke the focus you have on your house of cards. That house of cards blew over already. Leave it alone.

Don't try to define what gets changed or what's not working at present. Build your argument on the idea it needs to be rebuilt through collapse, revolution or war. More traction, I think.

Sorry how this comes across. I'm sleepy, I read your OP, and wanted to reply to something before retiring for the night.
edit on 9/13/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
No need to worry.

The system is so intelligent that it will ensure survival. It won't allow a major conflict to happen because it would not achieve it's goal - the eventual human extinction.

I am still trying to figure out if North Korea is just a "disgusting play" of the system or truly a wild card.

I saw a vid on youtube it's about the "iron silk road". So it goes North Korea might have coal or iron or something else. There's a web of developing alliances in the world, and in the east they're trying to interconnect. The result being the western world, as-in the US and others, are attempting to disrupt the process by throwing wrenches into the gearwork. Just one of the latest things I've seen about NK and why we're so concerned about it.

Not to be misleading, I have to say I'm not sure what's going on. It's something I fished up while browsing and here it's.
edit on 9/13/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The question is:

Does the common American has anything against the common Russian Chinese, German or even North Korean?

The answer is NO.

So if you want a 3rd world war you could make a petition to put the leaders of the belligerent countries in the box ring to see who wins.

But if your idea is to slash the poor and homeless, the mindless and the blacks, indians and chinese, the handicap and the geniuses I agree, kill em all, the planet is sick of humans.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Does the common American has anything against the common Russian Chinese, German or even North Korean?

You are quite right, the issue seems to be with the very vocal minority who are screaming for war.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The definition of Government has been washed away and is more a side product that is no longer controllable.

As if government used to be better. It is probably an improvement from many gov'ts in the past.

Hopefully you are wrong and war is not the answer to anything.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I firmly believe that it is time for World War 3 - a massive and casualty heavy world wide conflict that may include thermo nuclear weapons.

Where you been? WWIII is been raging for some time. Millions have died. You must live in a western country where no bombs fall at all, yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Where you been? WWIII is been raging for some time. Millions have died. You must live in a western country where no bombs fall at all, yet.

The world has gone to #.

These people from Myanmar are being reported by the major networks yet receive no sympathy. Must be because they are muslim .

All these poor people being slaughtered every day all over the world.
edit on 13-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Well these major events through out the history, seem to run similar courses and therefor seem to leave similar mark on the current ppl and they teach it to their children, so it seems like no matter how many wars we fight against corruption and against evil in general, people will still keep adapting the same evil to them selfs and then to their children, so the cycle keeps running and running. These corrupted evil ppl that are indeed our leaders all around the world, knows how to play the humankind and it seems to be too easy to play humankind, while their most precious thing in this world is their innocence, their children, their humanity but the enemy made vast amount of ppl so hardened inside that while they still have feeling of morality, ethics and stuff like that, they are losing the fire that keeps that place warmth/living, meaning they losing the connection with all that what makes humankind special in the first place.

So no i do not think wars will fix our problems, even killing these evil leaders wont do it, it is already far more in depth of our selfs, we must do some serious soul searching to defeat this evil.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Whats happening in Iraq and Syria right now makes that look like a picnic.

But may be for the same reasons. Although it is being played in the Western Main Stream as ethnic cleansing and religious persecution, turns out there are business interests as well.

The same could be said for the Middle East: a war on terror, Islam and Fundamentalism, is really about oil and other natural resources, right?

Guardian

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The reason why I am convinced is that I believe that our society model is no longer viable. Post modern society has transformed to something that is no longer maintainable or scalable. We reached a point where the general population can't achieve happiness anymore.

Isn't it the opposite? I thought the biggest criticism of modern times is that people are too addicted to video games, movies, tv series, celebrity gossip, sports, night life, experimenting w/drugs, etc? Wouldn't that imply that people have gained too much happiness at the possible expense of productivity? (although even that argument is wrong since workers are more productive now than ever)

Like a cancer, large companies have infiltrated every part of our life and dictate the way how people should and need to engage. They define whats wrong and what is right and ensure that morals apply to the "greater good" to destroy any potential individuality.

That's not new at all. Look into the "robber barons", the sharecropping arrangements with farmers, and the old school multinationals like the British East India Company. Workers probably have more rights now than at any other time in modern history.

The definition of Government has been washed away and is more a side product that is no longer controllable. Laws are interpreted on the regional level in any direction as needed and required by the people in power.

Wait what? Regional laws are a bad thing now? Let's not forget that the Church & the crown/royalty used to dictate the terms for pre-democratic Western governments. But now, any citizen is capable of joining and rising within the ranks of modern govts here. And the citizens of specific regions are able to make and interpret some of the laws that directly affect themselves. How is that bad?

The financial system has proven to be the most destructive force. Debt is the guiding force that runs the world not wealth. Wealth does not exist anymore. The few "on top" enjoy the view while the great majority has to pay for it.

If you don't like consumer debt, then don't borrow.

Religion plays no role in most humans anymore but it is used as a convenient way to justify anything - from cheating to killing. The violence of religion across the globe is responsible for most human deaths yet it's absolutely tolerated.

You mean like WW1, WW2, the Chinese Civil War, the Korean War, the 1st Indochina War, the 2nd Indochina War (aka the Vietnam War), the Ethiopian-Somalian War, the Ethiopian-Eritrean War, the Angolan Civil War, etc? Those are just some that come to mind from the last 80 years or so, and I don't think those were about religion. In fact, I think geopolitics, nationalism, and global trade opportunities play a much bigger role in our constant wars than religion does. In fact, here you are advocating for a new global war, not because of religion, but because of your disdain for modern society.

The modern human has been turned from a innovative, self-driving, independent thinking force to reduced, stupefied and dependent object that is unable to live outside of the safety net.

Yet modern civilization is the most innovative it's ever been in recorded history; we literally have created self driving machines; and we're literally working on independent thinking forces as we speak (aka artificial Intelligence). This is also the first time in human history that any average citizen can spread knowledge to other humans on every other continent live and in real time. This counts for sharing weather information/pictures/video clips, cooking recipes, newly created art, newly discovered cave paintings or dinosaur bones, etc.

Sexuality has moved from genders to gender-fluid. People having sex with anything and everything. Fetishes pop-up on every corner and anything and everything becomes acceptable.

And that's not new either. Or have you forgotten that biblical writers had to literally create laws to forbid their people from having sex with animals? Homosexuality and bisexuality have also existed throughout recorded time. And cross dressing has been around for just as long, including famous examples like geishas (who were originally males).

And if you want to talk about "gender fluidity", then how can you ignore "eunuchs"? For millenia and across multiple continents, human civilizations literally created a 3rd gender which are called eunuchs. They begin as male boys, but they have their genitals removed before going through puberty. There's a lot more to the process, but basically the survivors grow up into male-like humans without the effects of the added male hormones. They were used as guards for royals and royal harems throughout the ancient world. The Bible even mentions them multiple times.

We are reaching the high point of our existence and I believe that we are in our end times. It's not a nuclear bomb that will kill us in the end but our environment and society. People won't be able to live without the safety nets.

But humankind didn't die off when the average human life expectancy was around 30-40 years. So why would we be at risk of dying off now when our average life expectancy has basically doubled?

I believe the only thing that could rescue us is a world wide conflict like it did in the past. This is the longest peaceful time in world history and I don't believe that it is healthy for the human race.

LOL WTF? So longer lives, too much peace, and excessive comfort is somehow bad for our long term survival? And the best way for us to survive is to kill a bunch of us in a global war? Serious question here: Are you Satan?

Societies have to rebuilt from time to time to ensure the evolution of humans - and I mean that in terms of society and technology evolution. In human history, most of these happened during war times.

Yet we're literally making our greatest technological advances during what you claimed is the longest peaceful time in history... Anyone can look at how rapidly our digital technology & space programs have advanced in such short time periods. Just imagine how much more they'll advance if they got 30 more years worth of progress. (starts to drool)

I am sorry, I don't want war, but I think it's the only thing that will rescue us in the end before we go truly extinct.

Yes you do. Quit lying to yourself and to us.
edit on 13-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: waay too many typos. i need to start proofreading... but i aint gonna, hmph!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I did extensive research of many societies over the past 3000 years and there is a common trait between all of them.
You've been researching for 3,000 years? How old are you anyway?

3001: An Earth Odyssey.

Strange OP, but I tend to agree with you... to arrive at a clean slate, you need to wash away the dirt.. It's been something I've pondered for many years, that it will take a world war to unite us. Or at the very least, reveal those who are truly against us.

Meh, but I know it's an unpopular opinion, so... have at it you millenials. Leave something for us old farts, if you would be so kind.

(and if someone can bomb the house next to me, that'd be great. I'm so over that god damned noisy kid screaming at all hours...)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

How would a world war unite us? A world war is the opposite of unity.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

And I think your a self absorbed fool,what are you 16?,sound like a little kid whining,if this is going to be leaders of country we are doomed anyway

So someone with a different outlook, perspective, than you, must be a little whining 16 year old kid?

There's that wonderful state of mind.

The lawn needs mowing. Ain't gonna mow itself.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Mussolini once said in a speech that "blood alone moves the wheels of history". Honestly, I like that quote, but I'm curious of what you think the alternative is? What is it you fear will happen if there is no war to "save" us?

this...

edit on 13/9/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: badw0lf

How would a world war unite us? A world war is the opposite of unity.

I hate to say it, but the world was not meant to be united. It never will be united. All that will be united is commonality. Right now, there is nothing like that anywhere, and the disparity between even people within the same borders, is growing wildly at an astonishing rate. Over petty little rubbish things, things that would disappear when people were brought together united against something actually important.

Nope, this planet is full of people hell bent on killing each other over petty things. But the cancer has spread into schools, communities, large sections of society, and not for any good cause. All because people are so blase that they have nothing else to care about.

Look at how communities come together to help each other just from natural disasters lately... In conflict, there arises unity. And there are parts of this planet that could do with a little bit of a hair cut. And before you get all antsy, yes, even in the west.

Just my opinion, good thing I dont make the rules huh? Lets everyone keep wearing masks and holding signs and playing their LARP.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
where did this idea of War; The Great Leveller come from?
do you think it's gonna be the corporations and the rulers down there in the trenches?
hell goshing nah
come war it's gonna be the same story as always; poor kids shipped off to die while those sweet conflict bucks roll in for the same lot of fat cats as usual. Who, by the way, you can rest assured have the very best in bunker technology and supplies tucked away, just so that if the situation DOES go nuclear they can emerge from the rubble a whole lot more equal than the rest of us irradiated rubes.

if you want change, meaningful change, the only way it will happen is through communication and co operation. community organising at a grass roots level. if you're unhappy because you see a lack of good things in the world, destruction isn't going to make it any better. but just maybe, getting to know the people around you and building something good together.... that might.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join