It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Stephen King Correct?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Regarding the OP's question, many ancient cultures have a cyclical view of time. The Mayan Calendar is actually composed of numerous cycles of different lengths, from 13-20'day cycles to the 5000+ year cycle of the long count that tracks the position of the solar system relative to the plane of the galaxy.
Similarly the Hindu culture speaks of cycles as long as 4.3 million years, and each of these cycles (Yugas) has their own distinct characteristics. We are currently in the Kali Yuga, a time of "darkeness and ignorance" (sounds about right) when our spiritual abilities are at their weakest.
Another significant cycle is the precession of the equinoxes, a 26,000 year cycle, where we cycle through different ages of the zodiac (eg. The age of Aquarius), each with their own characteristics.
Lots of examples of short and long cycles out there that these cultures thought were significant enough to preserve this knowledge for 10,000+ years.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

There are most certainly some sort of cyclic patterns going on... I feel as if we are all reliving the 80s right now. And it's in that 25 to 30 year mark.

Synthwave/Retro music is on the rise. Remakes of 80s flicks are coming around again in the 25-30 year later range.

Flatliners (1990) being remade and released in 2017... (27 years)

Media, music, and fashion are all constantly being recycled and once you get a little older than 27 years old you start really noticing (assuming you're awake) just how regurgitated mainstream society is. I think around 30 years old give or take is when you've actually been around long enough to witness and remember trends that come and go.

It's kind of sickening if you're cut from the Bill Hicks/George Carlin cloth.

History really does repeat itself but it would take a massive collective effort to prove that something is going on out of the ordinary.

edit on 13-9-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Good book. A collaboration with Peter Straub writer of Ghost Story another thriller.
It related very closely to Roland and the dark tower.

the gunslinger was great series of books, I particularly liked the first book.

I guess I'm just a king fan, another one I enjoyed was the dark half.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Lots of piece signs, no Robert crumb as far as I'm aware of.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
stephen king is on twitter you could just ask him.
he calls trump out on dumb stuff so many snowflakes here would be offended.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostjon361
At least a few of Stephen King's works revolve around a period of time when paranormal things become active (every 27 years) - The TV show Haven & the movie IT both come to mind right away.

Is there any real-world evidence that something like this does happen? (I'm not talking about cicadas or locusts). How would a person even look at history to see if this could be true?

Does a subject like this coincide with the idea of end time prophecy (for Christians) which really took off in the late 1800s?

Have any members previously tackled this subject?

If your really interested in biblical time periods well, here's 2 of them to consider.

The day of Jezreel prophesy in Hosea.

Per the prophesy it predicted that Israel and Judah were to face a long term Leviticus 26 curse. And in Hosea 6 it gives the timeframe of the curse and when the day of Jezreel starts. 3 days in the presence of the Lord. Which according to Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8 those days are 1000 years periods of time. If you look at the history of the past 2000 years you see Israel did get subjugated by the Romans and lost their nation. But recently a new Israel formed in 1948. It lines up with the prophesy except for one detail. The curse isn't quite over yet. And that leads into the 2nd time period.

The "generation" of Matthew 24.

According to that prophesy the end times were to all occur in the lifetime of the generation around when the end times started. Assuming that the creation of a nation of Israel was an end time event then the timer started. The average lifetimes of humanity today is like 75 to 80 years old. Similar to what Psalms 90 gives. So assuming 80 years and that the creation of Israel was the 2nd event of the end times that would put the end of the Apocalypse no later than May 15 2028. The 80th anniversary of the creation of the nation of Israel.

So the next 11 years appear to be quite interesting when it comes to bible prophesy.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've been thinking more these days about the concept of Vertical Planes of time. That rather than a river or a road, time is more like a stack of Legos, one moment stacks on top of the other. Some things change radically, others not so much. I don't think there is any kind of periodicity where time or events become more "fluid" or energetic.

On the other hand, I have a pet kook theory that there are some "time layers" that are more susceptible to incursions from more sophisticated beings or energies from what we consider to be our future. These seem to have been happening about every 10 years since the mid-1800s. The last really big one that sort of sent our time skewing in a particularly odd direction happened around 1950. Prior to that the biggest incursion was in 1935 or 1936.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: frostjon361

It is possible some of Stephen King's works are based on reality. This isn't the first time fiction turned into reality.

The Illuminati Card Game creators predicted 9/11:

And don't forget the Lone Gunmen:

DAMN I hadn't seen either of these before!!! That is a trip

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
if you want to hear about writers that possibly somehown knew "information" you should probally start with howard phillips lovecraft

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
stephen king is on twitter you could just ask him.
he calls trump out on dumb stuff so many snowflakes here would be offended.

Nah... Stephen King gets a pass on Trump bashing, only because he's cool. Maybe he'll write a horror story about the president...that'll be cool too.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

The generational time period idea seems to be the most logical. I have done some looking online but I can't find any indication of cyclical events throughout history that result in heightened paranormal activity.
I guess it's a fictional trope that Hollywood and pop culture has latched on to.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
if you want to hear about writers that possibly somehown knew "information" you should probally start with howard phillips lovecraft

Funny that's the same place King starts to look when he wants to write a novel.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If we are all sparks of God, does that not mean if enough of us are influenced through such things. That they can too eventually take shape/form in our reality?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Well Steven King was/is more than just a writer , maybe he is drawing creativity from other 'realities'.
27 years I associate the saturnalia and the 27 'club'.
As it is with the 'occult' Scientific hard 'evidence' well no science classifies anything paranormal/occult as non-existent not worthy for investigation.

there is everything you need, add your own experiences to it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join