It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and biggest political win in modern history??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Abysha

Assuming he pulls this off..

If he fails and deportation starts it will be the biggest blunder in modern history..

Agreed but I think we both know that won't happen. Bannon is out of the picture.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Idk..

I'm doubtfulHe gets it past congress and I could imagine a situation where he gets pissed about it and decides to make the GOP pay by allowing deportations to start.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Could it really be happening?
All of a sudden, Lefties are praising Trump.

Golly...I never thought it would be possible,...but THIS is the first thing that is making me begin to question my previously unwavering support of him.

Could we have been wrong about him all this time?
Given this startling new development, I and all current Trump supporters may have to reconsider our loyalty to him.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Golly...I never thought it would be possible,...but THIS is the first thing that is making me begin to question my previously unwavering support of him.

Given this startling new development, I and all current Trump supporters may have to reconsider our loyalty to him.

It's part of our liberal agenda.

Duh.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It's part of our liberal agenda.

Duh.

Shear Brilliance!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
He better be careful or he'll be JFK'd.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well he is bullying through a left wing position that is as anti/conservative as possible. Lol

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

eh he got his scotus pick that they kept obama from getting, and hes been slowly and quietly stacking the lower federal courts with justices of his picking ,and hey hes lasted this long so that has to count for something

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The scouts pick counts.. though no court decisions have been made yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Whether Trump may be the President or not,It doesn't matter. TPTB have their agenda full frontal all the time. How to eradicate this malignancy on humanity, I don't know. This is the moment I wish my IQ was that of a super genius and, not just an average genius.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DomJuan
Whether Trump may be the President or not,It doesn't matter. TPTB have their agenda full frontal all the time. How to eradicate this malignancy on humanity, I don't know. This is the moment I wish my IQ was that of a super genius and, not just an average genius.

I brought a friend along to help you out:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DomJuan

Ahh so that's how your gonna continue to believe trumps crazy conspiracies when he runs the country!

You do know trump can hire and fire ANYONE obama did right???

You do know that EVERYTHING IN GOVERNMENT has a paper trail, right?!?

So no one could block or act agAinst him without trump knowing their identities and him firing them.

Trump can literally fire EVERYONE not an elected official or Supreme Court justice..

So explain to me how a "deep state" works in those conditions???

You can't push crazy conspiracy theories with your guy running things... at least not unless he is in on it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The federal govt employs over 4 million people. That would be a whole lot of pink slips.

There are a lot of people to have on a suspects list when leaks happen too.

edit on b000000302017-09-13T09:37:01-05:0009America/ChicagoWed, 13 Sep 2017 09:37:01 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Assuming trump can get DACA made into a law what is the last political win of that magnitude in American history??!

And to better define "political win"... when was the last time a president bullied his own party into voting a way they had previously vehemently opposed???

Even more..

TRUMP CREATED THE ISSUE BY REPEALING DACA!!!

So this is not an issue where some uncontrollable situation caused the problem..

This is a calculated political play..

I literally cannot think of any political move that ballsy nor with that big of ramifications.

So imho if trump pulls it off it will be the most brilliant political play in modern American history.

Brilliant, or manipulative? He does seem to have a gangster-like cleverness. Manipulation is the lowest form of getting what you want. We should expect better tactics, such as intelligent presentations and debates among our leaders, deciding what is best for the country.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I think that is called politics lol..

That said I understand your opinion that calculated seems far fetched after him repeatedly being as impulsive as a child.

But I dont think this is impulsive..

He didn't need to address this issue now..

MAYBE it is the beginning of trump getting sick of the republican opposition and him attempting to swing left...

He is a life long democrat , so that would lead to the assumption that is his real political philosophy and not what he campaigned on.

Also if trump fails to get it passed it will go from "the best political move in modern history" to either an embarrassment (he reinstates daca himself) or a disaster (deportations start.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The leaks are different , those wouldn't have a paper trail..

But as far as everything else there absolutely is one..

Trump doesn't send his ideas to some room of hooded figures that just replies with a yes or no answer..

If the head of this or that department or whatever was trying to obstruct him. He would instantly know and could instantly fire them..

It's a BS deflection..

" it's not my fault I'm not prosecuting hillary . It's the deep state!"

Trump owns the deep state now.. he is their boss with 100% control over their careers and livelyhoods .

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

To be honest, DACA alone isn't any achievement to hang your hat upon.

A whole, comprehensive reform of Immigration that includes DACA is.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What makes it a big political win is that the GOP has been vehemently against it for decades..

If for example he was to get his wall in exchange for daca, then it would be meeting in the middle, not a huge political win.

What makes this unique is he is not giving conservatives a concession... he is just bullying them into it.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

What makes it a big political win is that the GOP has been vehemently against it for decades..

If for example he was to get his wall in exchange for daca, then it would be meeting in the middle, not a huge political win.

What makes this unique is he is not giving conservatives a concession... he is just bullying them into it.

I don't buy that. Republicans are falling over themselves saying they want DACA done right via Congressional legislation. Trump getting the Wall is a lot huger political win than DACA ever would be. Every political pundit has written off Trump's wall as a pipe dream. If he makes it a reality, it's a giant win.

The real fight is what to do with the 10 to 13 M illegals here pretty much permanently. Dreamers are a much easier case. Are you going to do amnesty and a path to Citizenship for all of them?
edit on 13-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

For trump and his legacy?? Yes..

I've thought the whole time that he would trade everything for his wall.. it will be his Roman emporer style monument to outlast the ages..

But every single member of his own party will happily vote for the wall any day.

If I'm right he just needs a handful of democrats to break ranks.. something that presidents have done repeatedly.

Plus this is a big risk, with big ramifications..

There is no real risk with the wall..

It won't piss anyone off really of it gets built.

It building it or not is not likely to have an immediate tangible effect..

Making your whole party vote a way they don't want to with no real concession though.. now that is unique..

Maybe the most difficult political move ever..

He doesn't have his own party to back him in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join