It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Russian Pawns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
nothing personal but at this point i look at people who believe in RussiaGate as either mentally deficient or ideologically lobotomized.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

oh come on.... concentrated effort by multiple actors working in cooperation with each other, with the same talking points, across multiple platforms, to influence political thought in another country entirely...

...and that qualifies, to you, as basic social media usage?

All of that is assumption. It is a wild guess on your part to postulate the intentions of these people.

But as for speaking "the same talking points", that seems to be what you and the daily beast are doing. Like I said, average social media usage.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
nothing personal but at this point i look at people who believe in RussiaGate as either mentally deficient or ideologically lobotomized.

nothing personal either, but i'm constantly amazed at how willing people are to dismiss something for which there is growing evidence, and it's something that russia is known to do, historically and constantly.

by the way, if you preface an incredibly rude statement with 'nothing personal', people are still apt to take it personally. i hope that tip is useful to you in real life.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

what evidence?

and btw i dont dislike people that believe in nonsense, but if according to what i perceive as true and reasonable i see those who persist in entertaining absurd theories without any credible evidence that would stand up in a court of law i think its perfectly reasonable to label that kind of persistence in believing nonsense a form of mental deficiency.

what do you call those who continue to believe in fairy tales after childhood?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
RUSSIANS!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

hysterical!

no offense, but I think the exact same thing about the right and their denial. saw it all go down this time last year right here on ats. lol. I think there are loads here who no exactly what is happening and the intentions behind it, are part of it in fact.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

the difference is when you allege something the onus is on you to prove it.

what credible evidence is there to support what you believe?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Note also that this activity is always described as "meddling in American democracy", "Russian propaganda", or "shaping American minds", but in reality it is nothing more than your basic social media usage.

Or note that's its nothing new since the cold war. There may have been a short break, and sure Putin may be heightening the levels, but again it's nothing new or one sided.

To act like the CIA, think tanks, and private interests of the United States doesn't project abroad is just ignorant. We destabilize countries regularly. But to over react when it happens to us is just fickle.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Russia is using the Firehose of Falsehood propaganda technique:

We characterize the contemporary Russian model for propaganda as “the firehose of falsehood” because of two of its distinctive features: high numbers of channels and messages and a shameless willingness to disseminate partial truths or outright fictions. In the words of one observer, “[N]ew Russian propaganda entertains, confuses and overwhelms the audience.”2

Contemporary Russian propaganda has at least two other distinctive features. It is also rapid, continuous, and repetitive, and it lacks commitment to consistency

Rand

^ DETAILED analysis.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: knoxie

the difference is when you allege something the onus is on you to prove it.

what credible evidence is there to support what you believe?

UM...Facebook admitted it?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

We characterize the contemporary Russian model for propaganda as “the firehose of falsehood” because of two of its distinctive features: high numbers of channels and messages and a shameless willingness to disseminate partial truths or outright fictions. In the words of one observer, “[N]ew Russian propaganda entertains, confuses and overwhelms the audience.”2

Contemporary Russian propaganda has at least two other distinctive features. It is also rapid, continuous, and repetitive, and it lacks commitment to consistency

Rand

^ DETAILED analysis.

VERY detailed, thank you for this delicious serving of info

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

why do you believe them?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What better way is there than to create a [[controlled-opposition/feigned-outrage]] operation ?

It's so perfect and now it's all gone from Facebook !!

Smelled like a deep cover DNC psy-ops from the beginning !!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Smelled like a deep cover DNC psy-ops from the beginning !!

dude

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Russian Propaganda Bots Have Helped Amplify Right-Wing Extremism Online After Charlottesville

A sample of 600 Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations have been promoting hashtags for Charlottesville such as "antifa," a term for activists on the far left; and "alt-left," a term Trump used, which was interpreted by many as suggesting an equivalence between liberal demonstrators and white nationalists in the so-called alt-right.

The sample includes accounts that are openly pro-Russian like state-controlled outlets RT and Sputnik, which a joint United States intelligence assessment concluded are "part of Russia's state-run propaganda machine." The sample also includes those, like "Angee Dixson's," that seem to be written by typical Americans. And it follows automated bots that help make messages go viral and even users around the world who spread the Kremlin's messages whether or not they mean to support Russia. The network is tracked by four researchers working with the Alliance for Securing Democracy, a project of the German Marshall Fund that seeks to expose efforts to undermine Western democracy.

*ahem*

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: DanteGaland

why do you believe them?

Why WOULDN'T I belive them?

They did deny it for a long time.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Look....... Facebook has attacked and demonized ANYONE who is against liberal agenda and narrative. Pages, communities, profiles are systematically removed left and right for sharing anything that goes too far against their viewpoint.

Rightwing news sources are considered "fake news" by them, shut down, banned. speaking in a non P.C. way can cause you to be shut down, with reports and examples everywhere of the left being able to threaten, post fake stories, etc without repercussion.

Don't take anything Facebook, its spokespeople, or anyone affiliated with them has to say, seriously. Looking at their rabid censorship and hypocrisy, they are about as reliable as infowars.com

the conservative party, sky news and the bbc are all right wing, edl and ukip way off into the far right all have presence on facebook, your arguments non existent dude.

shutting down actual fake news was something the president wanted, you judging fake news to be real is your malfunction.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Rand

^ DETAILED analysis.

Good Grief! That reads just like the CNN playbook! MSNBC probably has that on their office walls as a reminder.
edit on 12-9-2017 by TonyS because: edit

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Russia is anti-Globalist, the US right-wing is anti-Globalist, it makes sense that there is going to be some crossover. The right-wing and Russia are puppy dogs compared to the Globalists though, they're the ones who own most of the military industrial complex, multinational corporations, international banking cartels etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You know I'm still on the fence with Russia but I'm beginning to consider the possibility that they are meddling with both the left and right media and groups associated with the left and the right to sow division which seems to be increasing every day.

Russia would benefit by removing the US as a global competitor and superpower by running a long term psyop to destabilize the us from within through division and distrust of the democratic system.

Since putin was in the KGB he would have been aware of the long term plan of ideological subversion that was in play here in the 80's. Perhaps after the collapse of the Soviet Union he modified the plan a bit to use it instead to aggravate the divide between the extreme left and right and collapse the us from within.

I think about this whenever I see this interview with a KGB defector that basically describes how the SJW's we see today were created as form of long term psychological warfare carried out by the then Soviet Union.

Putin having once been a member of the KGB would be aware of this long term program and could easily modify it.

Like I said in the beginning Im still on the fence with russia and the above stated is merely speculation at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join