It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Avatar Notes Function

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: FHomerK

Under Promise, over deliver...that's all you had to say.

Scrum and Agile aren't acronyms buddy. But if you're gonna keep a Dev on track and in-line, you at least need a Kanban board. Or, making $50-60 an hour doesn't warrant that..? It sure does, so it's no horsesh!t, it's an excellent framework (Scrum) for the Agile methodology to operate within.

No offense, but you're Green if you think otherwise. Why would Google, FB, Amazon all utilize the Scrum/Agile process if it's bogus?

And you WILL be at stand-up tomorrow, otherwise you can just work on Mock-ups and hang out with the UI/UX guys and gals...

Don't quite get where you're coming with acronyms from.... I didn't call it an acronym, or anything an acronym for that matter.

What I said, was buzzwords. Buzzwords peddled by pointless PM's with MBA's that don't know what you actually are talking about.

I'm green? Sorry. You're mistaken. I've been working in a niche market for programming for about 22 years now.

Enjoy your kool-aid, I'll pass.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: nonspecific

Because it is an *estimate*, estimates are given in the event that there are unforeseen aspects that need to be covered.

Bottom line, it works when it works. You can sit there and crack a whip all you want, but there is a bit more involved here than baking cookies.

Plus, I don't do things for fixed rates. I do them on an hourly rate. Hours tend to rack up, and rack up quickly.

go code me a sammich...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
All total, at the far end of my estimations, we're looking at approximately 69 (almost 1.5 weeks of work) hours of work.

46 hour week? Sack that, I am happy doing 24, maybe 32 if I feel the need, but not often.
edit on 12-9-2017 by TJames because: spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Feature request noted.

Please keep in mind there are existing methods to enhance your profile with additional text.

- Mini profile text
- Signature

You can go to the account tab to access these features.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join