It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Proposes MEDICARE-FOR-ALL. Democrats Want This To Be Their Primary Message.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

You're saying that while I'm on the way to the hospital in an ambulance, I should ask about prices in the area and choose the hospital E.R. that charges the least? That wouldn't be possible in an emergency situation.

Perhaps for Cancer treatment it would be. But then again, ObamaCare has caused health insurance companies and doctors/hospitals to sever their agreements. There's not much choice, unless you're wealthy.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
IMO Bernie needs to shut up and go away.

Bernie supporters need to get factually real about his political career.

What does that mean? I think this is a good thing and all politicians have issues and are linked to money.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Don't you forget that! Americans, have fought wars and saved European ass*s more than ounce! For less! After we already kicked their A'ses, to be rid of them! Then we go save their hides...The "civilized" world don't do S! Unless they know the US. Is backing them! Or they're playing poker... With US. Every nation on earth, is safe, unless America falls. And every nation knows it!

Don't forget that France saved us in the Revolutionary War. Without them the outcome might still us being a British Colony. I'm just saying.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How much would this cost the average American making $40,000 a year? I have a feeling "free" health care is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
How much would this cost the average American making $40,000 a year? I have a feeling "free" health care is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Healthcare is already costing me an arm and a leg. It can't get any worse.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Mine is very affordable and is pretty close to the coverage that I want. But hey I guess if you can screw me over to help yourself, why not huh?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How do you think those Republicans would feel about, say....womens' health "issues." Do you think they would be open to discussion about them? How about transsexuals?
edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Maybe figure on an additional 10% on top of the current 1.45% payroll tax.

Yours plus the employer.

2.90% total becomes 22.90%

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe figure on an additional 10% on top of the current 1.45% payroll tax.

But you didn't answer the question.

The answer is $58 more per year. Using your number.

A few six packs maybe. Not and arm and a leg.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

More like $4,000.00 out of your paycheck.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Depends on your age. Medicare for a person age 65 who has no "work credits", costs approximately $550 a month. Younger would cost less.

Mind you, Medicare is not "great" health insurance. You still need a supplement to pay the $1,200 deductible along with the uncapped 20% of physician costs. No coverage outside of America either.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How do you think those Republicans would feel about, say....womens' health "issues." Do you think they would be open to discussion about them? How about transsexuals?

If some Republicans don't want to address issues that affect human beings, too bad. I think a bi-partisan consensus will be reached.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So you think medicare would go up a full 10%? It would outstrip social security?

I don't think so. But even then, it would pay for any medical expense you (and your family) would incur for $333/month. No limits. No deductible. Still sounds cheap.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Depends on your age. Medicare for a person age 65 who has no "work credits", costs approximately $550 a month.
So, you (or your spouse) haven't worked for at least 10 years during your life?

You still need a supplement to pay the $1,200 deductible

For Part A. But for 2017 it's a bit higher than that.

Medicare Part A helps cover hospital, skilled-nursing facility, and home health-care services for each benefit period except for the deductible and coinsurance.

For 2017, the Medicare Part A deductible is $1,316 for each benefit period.

medicare.com...

Part B, the "normal" stuff, has a deductible of $183/year.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Why didn't they do that in the first place instead of passing Obamacare that actually raised medical spending

Hm, let's see, maybe because they couldn't pass a plan if the insurance industry didn't support it???

They promised Obama they could keep the prices from going up if he made it mandatory. Corporations lied and our paychecks died.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Depends on your age. Medicare for a person age 65 who has no "work credits", costs approximately $550 a month.
So, you (or your spouse) haven't worked for at least 10 years during your life?

You still need a supplement to pay the $1,200 deductible

For Part A. But for 2017 it's a bit higher than that.

Medicare Part A helps cover hospital, skilled-nursing facility, and home health-care services for each benefit period except for the deductible and coinsurance.

For 2017, the Medicare Part A deductible is $1,316 for each benefit period.

medicare.com...

Part B, the "normal" stuff, has a deductible of $183/year.

I don't know how to do that quoting of original text, followed by questions/answers like you did, so I'll do it the only way I know how..
1. We have worked the required minimum. I was answering someone else's question.

2. The "supplement" pays the deductible, but its primarily for the the 20% of Physician charges that Medicare doesn't pay. For a $50,000 in physician charges, you'd owe 20% or, $10,000 if you didn't have a Medicare Supplement. 20% wasn't a big expense, most of the time, when Medicare became law.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I'm sure it would be a fraction of the cost people are paying in monthly premiums. You also have to ask yourself how much doesn't your health insurance cover? With the free market system, insurance companies need to make a profit. The same thing with hospitals. By taking away outrageously inflated prices due to greed and profit making by having everyone pay a percentage into the system, would drastically reduce healthcare costs.

The key is to examine all the Universal Health Care programs countries use around the world, identify what parts work best and improve or redesign parts of the program that don't work. There's certainly enough of them to pick apart!

Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.

There's also the Canadian and Australian healthcare programs that are not entirely Universal.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Mine is very affordable and is pretty close to the coverage that I want. But hey I guess if you can screw me over to help yourself, why not huh?

I just think this is the easiest most cost effective way to cover everyone until we get a better plan. It seems like it will cost less than ObamaCare and with this the Health insurance crooks can't raise this rate, they'll actually have to offer good alternative plans that people will want to pay more for. It's a win win.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I just think this is the easiest most cost effective way to cover everyone until we get a better plan. It seems like it will cost less than ObamaCare and with this the Health insurance crooks can't raise this rate, they'll actually have to offer good alternative plans that people will want to pay more for. It's a win win.

Just dump ObamaCare and let those who want to buy into Medicare, do so. There will be many people who need assistance, but like you said, that assistance will cost far less than the $110 Billion that the government spent in 2016 to administer ObamaCare.

People who don't want Medicare should be able to buy any Free Market plan they want, and qualify for physically. No mandatory crap (i.e. maternity) forced upon them like ObamaScrew does.

The above two items could take effect before 2018, if Congress wanted to do so. Medicare already exists, and Free Market plans just need to be resurrected and sold.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: dasman888

You're saying that while I'm on the way to the hospital in an ambulance, I should ask about prices in the area and choose the hospital E.R. that charges the least? That wouldn't be possible in an emergency situation.

Perhaps for Cancer treatment it would be. But then again, ObamaCare has caused health insurance companies and doctors/hospitals to sever their agreements. There's not much choice, unless you're wealthy.

No, CWM... I am saying that the price of things should be a matter of public record.

Does Burger King alter their prices based on the level of hunger someone expresses when they walk in?

If the Oklahoma Surgical Center can have public pricing for 100's of services, broken out in detail... so can anyone else.

As SOON as the industry grinds out pricing... HOW every provider treats every patient on pricing becomes part of the public record. How long do you think it will take for that reputation to become part of the public knowledge? NOT LONG.

I know you wouldn't deliberately defend illegal behavior on the part of an industry that has rampant lawlessness. Calling it illegal behavior is NOT hyperbole... it's black letter law.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join