It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Proposes MEDICARE-FOR-ALL. Democrats Want This To Be Their Primary Message.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Also my source is heavily biased, sorry bout that.

Listing facts is biased?

Yes. All facts have a liberal bias. You know this.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He would sign absolutely anything that would end anything that happened during the Obama administration. It doesn't matter what it is.

It has to reach his desk first. How many House Republicans do you think would vote for it?
edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

With the melting down of ObamaCare, and the failure of Republicans to replace it, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders will be introducing a bill on Wednesday to open government administered/controlled MEDICARE health insurance to all Americans.

Unless they remove insurance from the equation and go with a non-insurance funded MEDICATE it can not be affordable for America...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

He would sign absolutely anything that would end anything that happened during the Obama administration. It doesn't matter what it is.

I can't say I disagree with removing Bush 2.0 from the equation...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

If you recall, Reince "the weasel" Priebus forced Donald Trump to sign a "I'll be a true blue Republican" oath on live T.V., before he would let Trump run on a republican ticket. Priebus was that concerned over Donald's allegiance to the Republican party/mindset.

In May, when Republicans in Congress started in-fighting over ObamaCare repeal, President Trump said, "I may have to work with Democrats, if Republicans don't get THEIR act together." I believe that this was more of a head's up to Democrat leaders than it was a threat to Republican leaders. Trump knew that swamp Republicans wouldn't believe he'd carry out that threat.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It has to reach his desk first. How many House Republicans do you think would vote for it?

Well...it would probably pass the Senate easily. As for the House? Republicans = 248 members. Democrats = 192. You'd need 29 of those 248 to vote "Yea". Honest answer? I have no clue. Shouldn't be hard to get 29 open-minded republicans though.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Shouldn't be hard to get 29 open-minded republicans though.

I'm trying really hard not to say that's an oxymoron.
Oh well.

Not so sure about the Senate, either.
edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: carewemust

With the melting down of ObamaCare, and the failure of Republicans to replace it, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders will be introducing a bill on Wednesday to open government administered/controlled MEDICARE health insurance to all Americans.

Unless they remove insurance from the equation and go with a non-insurance funded MEDICATE it can not be affordable for America...

Here's a revised estimate from the CBO that the liberal media will never report. The Obama Administration said that the 10 year government outlay for ObamaCare would be $848 Billion. Instead, it's now nearing $2 TRILLION...and increasing.

Medicare-for-all, with subsidies to help Americans afford the monthly premium, would cost far less than the escalating ObamaCare cost curve we're now experiencing.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Yes, a massive bureaucracy is exactly what America needs. Don't you already have around 5 million people with security clearance? A bureaucracy like that is not cheap.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Shouldn't be hard to get 29 open-minded republicans though.

I'm trying really hard not to say that's an oxymoron.
Oh well.

Not so sure about the Senate, either.

I bet that there are a lot of Republicans in the House and Senate who would prefer Medicare buy-in and free-market private insurance, as the 2 available choices for their constituents. They'd prefer that over the only choice people have now, which is ObamaCare.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Yes, a massive bureaucracy is exactly what America needs. Don't you already have around 5 million people with security clearance? A bureaucracy like that is not cheap.

With our government spending $4 Trillion (21% of the Gross Domestic Product) this year, a "massive bureaucracy" is exactly what we've got.

Re-allocating some of that from ObamaCare to enable Medicare-For-Anyone, would be easy and logical.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Because Americans hate being taxed, and given how governments tend to waste money I kind of agree. However I live in a country that has a fairly high tax rate, a wasteful government but the one thing we won't let the government change is our 'free' health care. Someone got up me on another thread about how its not free if I pay tax for it, what they didn't understand (even when I explained it) is that I don't mind paying 30% tax if the money goes to health care, education etc. The system isn't perfect by any means but hey its run by humans, and bureaucratic ones at that so what do you expect.

Everything else in the US is so cheap including your fuel, why is health care so damn expensive??

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You seem very perturbed.

There is no excuse for that. Bernie is a totally inoffensive individual, especially when compared with the current President of the United States, and indeed a great many of the senior figures in the Democrat party.

Please explain, in detail, why it is that Bernie ought to shut up and go away, and why it is you think that he might be inclined to do anything of the sort, given that he has been operating from the same platform of vigorous, unrelenting support for the people and the plight of the needy, during his whole career?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Man, people bitch and moan about higher taxes. So do I. Not this time though.

I posted recently about how my wife and I, both with paying $700+ combined for insurance have also had to pay 15K+ out of pocket over the last three years before the deductible kicked in, with another ~6.5K out of pocket coming in early 2018. That's 21.5K plus the monthly fees totaling about 28K during that ~40 months period, or in other words, over a roughly 3.5 yearr period WITH health insurance we're going to pay 49.5K BEFORE the mother f'ing plan even kicks in.

There's no increased tax plan which doesn't leave many thousands more in my pocket and bank account.

Obama is one of the biggest fools to ever grace this landscape, giving that crap to us.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy

Everything else in the US is so cheap including your fuel, why is health care so damn expensive??

No it's not.

A two bedroom apartment where I live, well outside the major city runs for 1M+. That same two bedroom apartment in the nicer part of the capital city in Europe I'll be moving to in a few years would run me about 80-100K.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Seems to work for the rest of the civilized world.

But we're 'Mericans, so it can't.

I actually agree with you. It works for other countries just fine.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

'Mericans don't seem to care much about anyone but themselves.

Raise my medicare deduction a bit. I'm all for it. Want better coverage, you're free to buy insurance at whatever price you wish. As you, as a medicare recipient, can do now.

So I take it You have medicare? You do realize the people that actually pay the brunt of the taxes generally don't get these great FREE government services? So if I don't get the service am I greedy for not wanting to pay for it or are You the greedy sob for expecting Me to pay for it while You get it free?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

IMO Bernie needs to shut up and go away.

Bernie is right-on about this!!! He's addressing issues which many Americans are facing in their everyday lives.

You don't hear other countries complaining about their single payer healthcare system. People complain about higher taxes to cover this, yet completely ignore hospitals and nursing care facilities outrageously over charging for their services. They also ignore the inflated prescription costs by greedy pharmaceutical companies! If a product is considered a medical device, the product's price is grossly inflated. Ever price the cost of simple hearing-aid? It's why most elderly people would rather walk around saying "what" or "huh" because they can't afford them! I guess it's also the great American way if you can't afford a lifesaving procedure or need 24/7 nursing care, hospitals will put a lean on your home to cover their inflated expenses.

Really, how can you or anyone else justify this crap!!! People have every right to preserve their lives when their own government can force us to sacrifice our lives or our loved one's lives for our country! This greedy healthcare system becomes clearly apparent when you have a loved one who is fighting for their life with cancer or you have an elderly father of mother who has to be placed into a nursing care facility. People’s savings accounts are drained. What money and assets parents worked hard for to leave as an inheritance for their children is wiped out and possessed by hospitals and nursing care facilities.

Our healthcare system is more adapted to a 3rd world country rather than a country who proclaims about respecting human rights and whose own declaration promises life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Instead of spending trillions of dollars on a war machine, billions on foreign-aid, billions on overseas conflicts and occupying the Middle East, and spending millions on overseas bases, our government should be focusing on the crippling effects of our healthcare system here at home! How much longer does it take until the people of this country wake-up and demand more of our President and our representatives.

edit on 12-9-2017 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

House Republicans know they have dug big holes for themselves-their electorate hate them-and they've essentially failed to support the elected President-they look pathetic and they know it.

It will take something extraordinary to raise them from the dead. If they, finally, support the President with a "new" healthcare program for all citizens-that, unlike the hated "Obamacare" they may be able to resurrect some of them by 2020.

Unfortunately, this is really all they care about, being re-elected. They'll go whichever the wind blows as lifer politicians-that's all they know-they don't work-they just play games, make deals and try to get people to like them to survive the next election.

Trump seems to really have a handle on what he wants, single payer, bt his enemies, his own party, are so angry he's president they'll do just about anything to keep him blocked. Glad Trump is reaching across the aisle where maybe he can get the support he needs to get his "single-payer" legislation passed. Those lazy, stupid pro Repubs better wake up. I do feel a new political party forming for the better. Our country is torn enough.

Not sure I like single payer, Americans are very independant, but Obamacare has destroyed our medical system and we need something new, now. People are dying.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Of course it will pass. Obamacare was designed to fail and this was the "master plan" all along. That's also why Republicans would never repeal and replace on their own - they were waiting for this to be proposed formally.

It will pass and the US will become the last industrialized nation with universal healthcare, which in theory is good. However, those pushing this agenda only want to further centralize government power and couldn't care less about anyone's actual health.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join