It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Proposes MEDICARE-FOR-ALL. Democrats Want This To Be Their Primary Message.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Monday September 11, 2017

With the melting down of ObamaCare, and the failure of Republicans to replace it, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders will be introducing a bill on Wednesday to open government administered/controlled MEDICARE health insurance to all Americans.

A leading ObamaCare architect is the latest Democratic figure to get behind the push for single-payer health care, as Sen. Bernie Sanders prepares to unveil his “Medicare for all” bill this week – kicking off a campaign sure to put immense pressure on senior Democrats and 2020 presidential hopefuls to support the costly proposal.

The push for government-funded health care once was relegated to the fringes of the Democratic Party but has made its way into the mainstream. The latest example of this was former Sen. Max Baucus saying last week that lawmakers should start looking at single-payer.
"I just think the time has come," he told NBC News, after making similar remarks at a public event in his home state of Montana.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

In addition to ObamaCare architect Max Baucus, several other leading Democrats are throwing their support behind Bernie Sanders and his upcoming Medicare-For-All bill.

Medicare for All is becoming the new litmus test for Democratic presidential hopefuls.Cory Booker became the fifth Democratic senator to co-sponsor Bernie Sanders’s Medicare for All bill on Monday afternoon.

Senators Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Sheldon Whitehouse, and Jeff Merkley have also announced their support for the bill, which will be introduced this Wednesday. The bill won’t pass, of course, but that’s not the point. This is boundary-setting for a party badly in need of a message.
Source: newrepublic.com...

Personally, I'm not so sure that a Medicare-For-All bill won't pass. ObamaCare-ACA was a dog, even in its best days. Republicans are too dysfunctional to replace it. And the bi-partisan Senatorial commission that started work on plans to "shore up" ObamaCare this month, is simply going to throw billions of taxpayer dollars to health insurance companies.

If the bill to make Medicare available to anyone who wants it, is a replacement of ObamaCare (and not some add-on), I'd be all for it. And, more importantly, I think President Trump would be too.

After 7 years of promises, Republicans had their chance and they blew it, big time. The President wants all Americans to have access to quality, affordable healthcare. Donald Trump has been saying this for over 10 years, and a properly funded/expanded Medicare program can deliver. (IMO)

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/11/2017 by carewemust because: slight title adjustment

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
IMO Bernie needs to shut up and go away.

Bernie supporters need to get factually real about his political career.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Come onnnnnnnnnn Donny.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hmm. Whatever I guess. Obamacare is the worst but what kind of taxes are going to be levied to pay for this and who is paying them?

As someone with a not well understood medical condition, it would concern me that I might get denied treatment if big brother is in charge.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Seems to work for the rest of the civilized world.

But we're 'Mericans, so it can't.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That was the plan! Obamacare was "designed" to FAIL! Like everyone, with half a brain, or that has ever "balanced", a check book,. knew it would! Now it's the "bad, greedy people" that ain't "giving enough " to save it, .. That are the "evil, greedy people"!.."History repeats itself". Over, over,.. and over. But even the "educated" never seem to actually "learn" by it.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

On this issue, Bernie is ahead of the curve. New taxes take effect on 1.1.2018 for all Americans who have health insurance. Not just the people who buy ObamaCare coverage. Employers will start raising deductibles dramatically as well. In due time, there will be a groundswell of Americans who want to Medicare-For-All. It will be sooner, rather than later.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Why didn't they do that in the first place instead of passing Obamacare that actually raised medical spending considerably which led to high rates of insurance. I am starting to think the Democrats have no brains. I guess it will never get back to most employers giving health insurance anymore that covers everything. Most people cannot even get raises anymore, all the increase goes to healthcare premium increases.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Honestly... this might be the first time I've challenged you on anything, ever.

Expand, please. What do you mean about getting "factually real"?

The ACA is not (and was never intended to be) built on an indefinite timeline. It was created out of a whole lot of across-the-aisle compromise with the knowledge it would eventually lead to single-payer.

Obama ripped the band-aid off the leg so everybody could see how infected the wound was. Clinton would have put bigger band-aid on the leg. Trump wants to rip it off again and put the leg through a glory hole, hoping a doctor is on the other side. Bernie wants to say "screw band-aids, we're going to the hospital".

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Bernie, needs a tombstone saying,.."I tried and I'm not sure, what I was trying to do. But I tried. Please don't be mean to me". Even though I don't like the guy, I could respect that. But he doesn't deserve anything relating to "American patriot" on his grave. Pos commie. Hope I didn't spell p.o.s. wrong. I'd be upset about it!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The rest of the civilized world works very hard for it.
'Mericans won't take well to paying European-level taxes.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

'Mericans don't seem to care much about anyone but themselves.

Raise my medicare deduction a bit. I'm all for it. Want better coverage, you're free to buy insurance at whatever price you wish. As you, as a medicare recipient, can do now.

edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Phage

The rest of the civilized world works very hard for it.
'Mericans won't take well to paying European-level taxes.

Lol... we used to pay waaaaay more than them in the 50's and the stock market boomed.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Hmm. Whatever I guess. Obamacare is the worst but what kind of taxes are going to be levied to pay for this and who is paying them?

As someone with a not well understood medical condition, it would concern me that I might get denied treatment if big brother is in charge.

Medicare has a 75% satisfaction score, from the citizens who use it.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Where's Trump again?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Trump wanted this to from the get go. He campaigned on modernizing Medicare.

www.forbes.com/sites/howardgleckman/2016/11 /16/how-trump-may-remake-medicare/?s=trending#388fcb321365

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

edit on 12-9-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Don't you forget that! Americans, have fought wars and saved European ass*s more than ounce! For less! After we already kicked their A'ses, to be rid of them! Then we go save their hides...The "civilized" world don't do S! Unless they know the US. Is backing them! Or they're playing poker... With US. Every nation on earth, is safe, unless America falls. And every nation knows it!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I cant believe im going to say this, but I agree with him. It is about time we get a one payer system. This is one of the only times I would agree with a liberal.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Where does it say he wants medicare for everyone?
Did I miss that part?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

He's mentioned favoring a single payer system several times during the campaign trail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join