It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

espn monday night football female announcer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Anyone else watching the ESPN Monday Football game between the Broncos and Chargers? ESPN has made history tonight by putting in the lead announcer position Beth Mowins.

Beth Mowins will make history on Monday night as the first woman to call a Monday Night Football game.

Mowins is no stranger to making history. When she began calling college football games for ESPN in 2005, she became only the second woman to call nationally televised college football games for the network.

Twelve years later, Mowins is ready to blaze a new trail. She will be in the booth for the second half of ESPN’s Monday Night Football doubleheader on Sept. 11, calling the matchup between the Los Angeles Chargers and Denver Broncos.

Well, in a word, she's doing horribly.

It literally sucks.

I hope she never does this again.

A lot of people think the same

*I'm not against female football announcers, but she doesn't do well.

*EDIT

I have to say that she does know her stuff, but I don't like listening to her voice. It sounds grating.
edit on 11-9-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yeah, kudos to the network for breaking ground though.

She has to be feeling some weight on her shoulders!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yeah I am watching it but I always turn the sound down.
Nothing against her though.
Is that Rex Ryan in the booth with her?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe she's bad because she's tense and off her game?

I wouldn't know because I'm not watching, but stress does things to your voice.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Wussification of America marches on, just wait till they get a transgender in the booth with a guy who thinks he's a pink unicorn on color commentary.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Her voice is not unbearable but I sense she is not the best choice to begin with, and yeah the pressure might be crippling her. I personally know at least a few women who could handle this, my own girlfriend included.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Maybe she's bad because she's tense and off her game?

I wouldn't know because I'm not watching, but stress does things to your voice.

She's like the kingmaker. She kills big games. But I haven't heard her before. I can't believe she's popular. I feel like it's my mom talking to me, the whole time.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I have to say that she does know her stuff, but I don't like listening to her voice. It sounds grating.

Lol.

Now you know how countless women have felt about listening to the visceral gesticulations of testosterone in action.

I'm not specifically accusing you of sexism or anything like that but, when you refer to all the people who agree, don't you think some of them aren't just angry that a woman is narrating their man-cave time?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Tempter

Lol.

Now you know how countless women have felt about listening to the visceral gesticulations of testosterone in action.

I'm not specifically accusing you of sexism or anything like that but, when you refer to all the people who agree, don't you think some of them aren't just angry that a woman is narrating their man-cave time?

Nothing is sacred anymore.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The Wussification of America marches on, just wait till they get a transgender in the booth with a guy who thinks he's a pink unicorn on color commentary.

A woman announcing a game is "wussification"?

Going out on a limb here but... I think your post is totally analog to the impetus driving most of her critics right now.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Going out on a limb here but... I think your post is totally analog to the impetus driving most of her critics right now.

When it's game time, the women get their free time unless they want to fetch the beers.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I thought it was Dana Carvey calling the game with his Ross Perot impression.

....And Rex. Oi. He makes Tony Romo sound eloquent.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So I turned the sound up and started listening to the start of the 2nd half.
They have both hers and Ryan's mics turned down really low, the crowd and stadium announcer are almost drowning them out.
You can hear the QB signals on the field louder than their mics.
I would rather listen to her than Rex Ryan though.....he needs some Red Bull or coffee, it's like he is just waking up from a coma or something on the telecast.
edit on 11-9-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

When it's game time, the women get their free time unless they want to fetch the beers.

Women should "fetch" the beer ? I have been missing out for 40 years ?
I am going to start this program immediately .

****UPDATE*****
After an attempt to instigate this happening at home (and a trip to the emergency room) I have found this is near an impossibility . However , I do feel a little empowered as my wife did bring me my pain pills and a cold compress for my eye. My nose still looks funny though . Not funny haha , funny strange . Kinda one-sided.
This did teach me the true meaning of UFOs though . A lot of stuff flying by my head was completely unidentifiable at the time
Peace to you

edit on 9/11/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/11/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

ROFL....my wife would lay a bottle upside my head if I told her that LOL
Hilarious nonetheless.
I have been trying to train one of our dogs to fetch the beer but they keep stealing the food out when they open the fridge up lol

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Really? I tried it last year. She did fetch me one.

...You can barely see the stitches on my forehead now, they are healing nicely (She's got a good arm)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Women should "fetch" the beer ? I have been missing out for 40 years ?
I am going to start this program immediately .

****UPDATE*****
After an attempt to instigate this happening at home (and a trip to the emergency room) I have found this is near an impossibility . However , I do feel a little empowered as my wife did bring me my pain pills and a cold compress for my eye. My nose still looks funny though . Not funny haha , funny strange . Kinda one-sided.
Peace to you

I don't even see how you thought you could get away with that lol
If my wife happened to be in the kitchen and I asked her to grab one for me, she would.
She might even make a special trip to get 1 and ONLY 1 beer for me if I asked her nice, but I wouldn't push it after 1

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Really? I tried it last year. She did fetch me one.

...You can barely see the stitches on my forehead now, they are healing nicely (She's got a good arm)

Yeah , Im hoping for less than a year though.
As I went back and edited my post , I now know the true meaning of the term UFO. I was able to identify at least one fork and a pie pan , though...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Wishing you all the best brother! Positive vibes going out to you, and Ms.Mowins.

Hang in there, you got this!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
After listening to Rex talk for a few hours, I think I understand why the Bills and Jets sucked so hard under him.

He's a potato...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join