It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 years later! mourning 9/11 and more!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My thoughts on 9/11.

As I mourn the 2996 innocent departed on 9/11, I also mourn the 6700+ US soldiers who have since died, the 500,000+ innocent Iraqi & Afghan civilians who have also died since, and the astronomical birth defects in countless Iraqi children due to the depleted Uranium that American military used with impunity.

I mourn the rape and murder of Yazidi women and children due to the rise of Daesh (a direct result of our illegal invasion of Iraq). I mourn the rape and murder of Syrian women and children, of Kurdish women and children, and of Iraqi women and children also due to Daesh.

I mourn the horrific humanitarian crisis in Yemen and Myanmar and the complacency of Muslim leadership to both.

I mourn that we haven't learned that war and terrorism cannot end war and terrorism. I mourn that we have expanded our weapons arsenol, that we have continued to engage in demonization of faith and racial minorities to stoke fear and hatred from the majority. I mourn that we spend trillions fighting wars while 1 in 6 American children are starving. I mourn that we spend trillions on war when 65 million children worldwide are displaced and suffering because we don't have enough funds to help them. I mourn that we spend trillions on war and prisons while our schools are underfunded and our teachers underpaid.

I mourn that white supremacy is higher today than it has been in 50 years but we pretend it isn't a problem. I mourn that domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women, and 1600 American women are murdered annually by their significant others, but we pretend it isn't a problem. I mourn that people of color are charged and arrested at a rate of 6-9 times that of white people, yet we pretend this isn't a problem.

I mourn that 16 years after 9/11, we have not done enough to promote love and peace. In this true Jihad for peace, love, and compassion, I mourn that we haven't inspired enough people to rise up with courageous love to conquer hate.

I mourn all these grievences because all of them are of greater and of more immediate danger and impact to our daily lives than so-called "Islamic terrorism," but the masses have been convinced the problem is Islam. When in reality, the problem is ignorance to all of the above that I've mentioned, and hate for a faith too few know anything about.

I mourn that we haven't created for our children the world of peace they deserve.

I mourn 9/11.

And I mourn the world it has created based on hate and fear and division.

Thus, I continue my Path for peace, for love, for compassion, for pluralism, and for unity. And I hope and pray we can work together for that peaceful world our children deserve. And I hope and pray that one day, soon maybe, justice returns to Earth.

I believe we can get there, together, as one humanity. After all, "Mankind is but a single nation." (HQ 2:213)

And that is something I will #NeverForget.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkPalSFO

And to know that the entire event was a complete fabrication just twists the knife.

I will never forget.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

ditto; pasteboard.co...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I mourn that we haven't created for our children the world of peace they deserve.

I don't , because that is impossible , unfortunately .

It is a shame that people have not yet gathered behind the cause of children primarily . They are so very under-represented .

And obviously , they are unable to represent themselves as a group in society . They're confined to being individuals .

Meanwhile we're busy providing ourselves with transgender bathrooms , or being racist . Nobody seems to bother that schools and their purely academic education are a disgraceful way to treat children in this latter day . Nobody or any grouping seems to think deeply at all about what would really be best for children .

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Word.

I thought it was worth embedding.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The fact is the United States destabilized one quarter of the earth over an imaginary issue. We as Americans are worse off and less safe because of the mindlessness of this decision. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, Millions have had the quality of their lives diminished if not ruined and the United States is responsible. The very least we should be willing to do is to welcome the refugees and to do everything we can to help them rebuild their lives.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe it started with Saddam invading Kuwait .......

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I mourn the rape and murder of Yazidi women and children due to the rise of Daesh (a direct result of our illegal invasion of Iraq). I mourn the rape and murder of Syrian women and children, of Kurdish women and children, and of Iraqi women and children also due to Daesh. I mourn the horrific humanitarian crisis in Yemen and Myanmar and the complacency of Muslim leadership to both.

I get Iraq and Afghanistan, but the above atrocities were done by Arab Muslims. I agree that US could be indirectly responsible for ISIS creation, but Arab Muslims do similar thing to ISIS all over the world without any connection to US.

that we have continued to engage in demonization of faith

Faith as in religion? It is responsible for half of all the bad things in the world... demonizing it, is diagnosing cancer.

I mourn that domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women, and 1600 American women are murdered annually by their significant others, but we pretend it isn't a problem.

Actually violence against women is extensively represented in the media. Violence against men on the other hand, is ignored.

I mourn that people of color are charged and arrested at a rate of 6-9 times that of white people, yet we pretend this isn't a problem.

Why aren't you mourn the fact that blacks commit violent crimes at 7-10 times the rate that whites do?

but the masses have been convinced the problem is Islam.

If Islam and every other religion will disappear tomorrow, literally half of all problems in the world would be resolved.

the problem is ignorance

The one thing, Islam and other religions, promote the most.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

I mourn the rape and murder of Yazidi women and children due to the rise of Daesh (a direct result of our illegal invasion of Iraq). I mourn the rape and murder of Syrian women and children, of Kurdish women and children, and of Iraqi women and children also due to Daesh. I mourn the horrific humanitarian crisis in Yemen and Myanmar and the complacency of Muslim leadership to both.

I get Iraq and Afghanistan, but the above atrocities were done by Arab Muslims. I agree that US could be indirectly responsible for ISIS creation, but Arab Muslims do similar thing to ISIS all over the world without any connection to US.

that we have continued to engage in demonization of faith

Faith as in religion? It is responsible for half of all the bad things in the world... demonizing it, is diagnosing cancer.

I mourn that domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women, and 1600 American women are murdered annually by their significant others, but we pretend it isn't a problem.

Actually violence against women is extensively represented in the media. Violence against men on the other hand, is ignored.

I mourn that people of color are charged and arrested at a rate of 6-9 times that of white people, yet we pretend this isn't a problem.

Why aren't you mourn the fact that blacks commit violent crimes at 7-10 times the rate that whites do?

but the masses have been convinced the problem is Islam.

If Islam and every other religion will disappear tomorrow, literally half of all problems in the world would be resolved.

the problem is ignorance

The one thing, Islam and other religions, promote the most.

It's funny how someone can mourn all.these things. You point out facts and they go silent. Star for you sir!

join