It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the heck does statue of liberty move

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: anotherside

Immigrants sailing to America sailed past the statue on their way to Ellis island.

Yes...This. My grandparents were among them.

The explanation for the confusion here is easy:

People associate Ellis Island with the Statue of Liberty because the immigrants going to Ellis Island often spoke about seeing the Statue of Liberty -- but they saw it on Liberty Island (or Bedloe's Island, as it was called before the 1950s) as they were headed to Ellis Island or other later immigrant ports-of-entry in the NY-NJ area.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The Statue of Liberty only moves when you close your eyes or blink...

DON'T BLINK!

edit on 11/9/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

It's a weeping angel?

Makes so much sense now. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: TerryDon79

She also fared badly in several other documentaries, Deep Impact and Cloverfield.

And Escape from New York she's decapitated, AI Artificial Intelligence she's drowned and Independence Day she's been knocked over.

Poor girls had a hard life.

Don't forget partly buried on a beach at the end of Planet Of The Apes
edit on 11-9-2017 by Junkheap because: Partly is different from mostly?

edit on 11-9-2017 by Junkheap because: Someone already quoted me, so I changed it back.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: TerryDon79

She also fared badly in several other documentaries, Deep Impact and Cloverfield.

And Escape from New York she's decapitated, AI Artificial Intelligence she's drowned and Independence Day she's been knocked over.

Poor girls had a hard life.

Don't forget partly buried on a beach at the end of Planet Of The Apes

Already mentioned planet of the apes

I think that's the first that pops into people's minds when they think of the Statue of Liberty and film references.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

GTA4 messes with a person's sense of New York geography.

I'm still surprised when I don't see Lady Liberty holding a Starbucks.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's my opinion that the YouTube-ers who make those videos are just trying to capitalize on pre existing confusion, or delusion, or are simply story tellers. They don't make those videos because they really believe half the nonsense they put in it, they do it for the views and potential money from YouTube ads. Most of us are fascinated by the idea of these things, don't get me wrong..... but IMO those videos are to be taken with a grain of micro-plastic contaminated sea salt....

If you remember the statue of Liberty being elsewhere, then it would seem to me you're just misinformed or mistaken in my opinion, but I"m not going to try to beat my opinion into you.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Ok heres one for you. From 2010 to 2013 i experienced visual time skips of people and cars just disappearing or also sometimes reappearing. I also was lying in bed and started hearing a vortex to the right of me which lifted my elbow up into it and it seemed to stop when my elbow entered it. The vortexes lasted about a week. Once i was travelling on a highway. There was an ambulance and an accident. I see it heading towards it, but once behind me its just gone. All this occured after i got a crystal to protect me from attacks. Also i had cigarrette tubes that would bend fold and crush themselves under the others in the box. I always make sure my box didnt get damaged because damaged tubes are frustrating.

OK, there's one for us what?

Are we meant to explain why you are having these experiences?

So when it comes to dimension shifts, you cannot convince me something big did not happen and my memory is wrong.

NO one in their right mind on this internet site wants to convince you of anything.

If anything you make my delusional mind feel at ease.

If your therapists couldn't make you see the light then there is certainly nothing anyone on the internet can say to open your mind to other possibilities.

edit on 11-9-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
This is how:

I looked at that picture and made a small wee in my pants.

Thank you very much!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

One night about 15 years ago or so, I remember waking up in bed, at that time I lived in a country town and the nights are always loud in summer with many animals, insects, bugs etc, especially in Australia.

I woke up in bed and it was completely silent, everything was silent, I was completely relaxed and calm, very very at peace which was very unusual for me as I am an insomniac - any waking up early in the dead of night would make me very tired and angry and pissed.

But there I was completely utterly in silence in the middle of summer in Australia, not a noise, even from my alcoholic mother who snored so loudly you can hear her from the bottom of the street and when not sleeping would be in the kitchen smoking and drinking coffee, I was calm and extremely comfortable, in fact I could not even feel anything at all, and I was not even hot or humid or running with sweat even though it should of been at least 32 degrees Celsius heat with 100% humidity.

I do not not what caused it and at times my mind goes back to that moment and thinks up odd scenarios of what could of caused it, including slipping into another Universe - however like I said, just thinking random things up.

Nothing in my world changed after that experience and it never happened again - my point is that the human mind and body is capable of doing some odd things, and it isn't implausible that you may of had some type of hallucination/out of body type of experience.

You're so intense of thinking of the most implausible and twisted scenarios that you do not even think of the most basic things the human mind does on a daily basis that could of caused your incident.

PS, While I should not entertain what you think has happened to you...however, have you watched the TV show called "Fringe", if not I think it might be right up your alley...(I mainly say it because what you said sounds very similar to what happened to Dr Bishop when he was tripping and could see the alternative universe, and what Olivia can do, I suspect you have watched Fringe)
edit on 11-9-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

originally posted by: mrperplexed
It has always been on liberty island. You are simply mistaken.
still my question about the movie..why did the statue get shown first getting hit and not the initial land mass?

Go see the movie again. You see the tsunami coming in from the Upper Bay direction heading towards Manhattan and Jersey. From a dramatic point of view, it would simply not be quite as dramatic to show the tsunami hitting the somewhat less iconic West Brighton instead of Lady Liberty.

Also, come on, in 'your reality' they named the wrong island, the one without the Statue of Liberty, Liberty Island?

They actually went through all the hoops of renaming the island for the statue through an act of congress, and never thought about checking which island the statue was actually on? lol

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

still my question about the movie..why did the statue get shown first getting hit and not the initial land mass?

Because its a movie not a documentary.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

They actually went through all the hoops of renaming the island for the statue through an act of congress, and never thought about checking which island the statue was actually on? lol

OMG

YES

Movies, its just clicked.

Anotherside has come from another universe,

They actually made a movie about that universe where a guy wakes up in the future and society has changed to some what.

Naming the wrong Island would fit perfectly in the movie I am thinking of.

The actors portraying the man waking up in the future is Luke Wilson and the President in the future is played by Terry Crews.

I just cant seem to recall what the movies called

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

idiocracy?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: InhaleExhale

idiocracy?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
SHes naked under that toga.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

She is French you know..

On a side note, I had never heard of liberty island, the German attack and I was under the impression it was on Ellis island as well. I have also experienced many other mes...

They cannot simply be dismissed as bad memory, most of those pushing bad memory are the same people chafing Mandela effect threads...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I thought the Statue of liberty was in Paris

www.atlasobscura.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Because movie.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

In my timeline, the Statue Of Liberty is orange, and looks like Trump handing out candy to trick or treaters. Except he is bald, so no bad hair. And the statue is holding up Ellis island. It signifies Trump's willingness to accept immigrants. Prove that's not how it is.

Fine but I bet you lost your Morty to a Morty on Morty deathmatch cause you're not a very smart Rick...fix your portal gun and go back to cheeotverse.

Jus say'n

Wubba lubba dub dub dummy...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 11 Sep 2017 15:00:44 -0500pm3America/Chicago by abeverage because: cause of a freak'n U grrrrrr

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join