It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the volume of water missing in Tampa Bay???? Gallons?Sq Ft ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just watched some video of the missing water in Tampa bay where it goes on for at least a 1/2 mile how deep was it? and will there be video of it rushing back in?? when/where has this happened before at this level of receding?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why don't you post the video or at least describe it so people know what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
feeds.foxnews.com...

I think this is the video im talking about

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

and will there be video of it rushing back in??

No, it will come crashing down, in the form of rain. The water got sucked up into the storm.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
feeds.foxnews.com...

Time to get the metal detectors out.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

feeds.foxnews.com...

Bad idea. You'll be swept away like in that Ten Commandments movie when the water comes back.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

and will there be video of it rushing back in??

No, it will come crashing down, in the form of rain. The water got sucked up into the storm.

This isnt hurricanado, the water was pulled towards the eye. Not sucked up into it

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It will resemble what happens when a tsunami is growing... first the water goes, then it comes back with force.

Best of luck to you all, if you haven't left yet. Terrible terrible things to experience

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sooo...did the hurricane suck up fish & crustaceans along with the water? Are they going to rain down over land? Will people be able to go out when it's over & pick up crabs & lobsters like they are hailstones?! Yum!

I can't wrap my head around, why the water isn't leveling back out, like the tide slowly comes in.
Does anyone know how long it can stay like that?

Kind of shoots down 'their' flat earth theory, eh?

WOQ
edit on 10-9-2017 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Actually, it should come surging back in as the eye passes over Tampa. Under a hurricane, because of the low pressure, the ocean swells up in a sort of dome. Couple this with the wind direction (counterclockwise): at the northern side of a hurricane, you have winds on the western side of Florida pushing water out toward the ocean. As the hurricane's eye passes over, the winds "change direction" (well not technically, as they're moving in a circle) and push the water back toward shore. At the same time, this swell under the hurricane moves past and eventually subsides as the hurricane looses strength and moves over land.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This same thing happened in the Bahamas on Sept. 9th . The Ocean Receding for a time , then returning in Massive Waves .

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

it will come crashing down, in the form of rain. The water got sucked up into the storm.

No.

Since the storm winds move counter-clockwise, north of the eye the winds are East to West, thereby, on the west coast of Florida, pushing the water out of the bay and into the Gulf. South of the eye, on the west coast of Florida, the winds are West to East, thereby bringing the water back in, along with the storm surge.

It's the opposite on the east coast of Florida: north of the eye pushes it inland, south of the eye pushes it back into the Atlantic.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

...And in Tampa Bay .........

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

It will be interesting to see if some of the things that come down in Florida originated in the Virgin Islands and Cuba.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

My bad. I thought all that water was going to rain down on Florida and neighboring states.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Just watched some video of the missing water in Tampa bay where it goes on for at least a 1/2 mile how deep was it? and will there be video of it rushing back in?? when/where has this happened before at this level of receding?

The barometric low pressure causes a vacuum. Irma is/was a huge hurricane.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
@ mexicos 8 point large , there were tsunami warnings 2 days ago ,

or is it the hurricane doing what we have never seen a hurricane do yet
edit on 10-9-2017 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Liquesence

My bad. I thought all that water was going to rain down on Florida and neighboring states.

All good.

I mean, it'll still rain like hell, but the reason for the displacement is not because it has been sucked into the storm, but because of what I mentioned previously.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Though receding waters typically indicate a coming tsunami, hurricane “bulge” may be responsible for these sites. The hurricane can draw water toward the center, pulling it away from its surroundings, the Washington Post reported. The center of the storm has extremely low pressure to draw water upward.

may be responsible

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

feeds.foxnews.com...

Oh brother, I was thinking about it. I almost wish to be there but I'm in NJ. I saw maybe Jose coming this way. Getting ready !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join