It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Sea Salt Was Healthy? Sea Salt Around The World Is Contaminated By Microplastics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It is very Depressing, I wonder how long until it binds with our DNA and we start mutating.

I don't like where we are headed Ricky it is like a runaway train, all we can do is watch the disaster unfold.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It is very Depressing, I wonder how long until it binds with our DNA and we start mutating.

I don't like where we are headed Ricky it is like a runaway train, all we can do is watch the disaster unfold.

Most of the problems with plastic would lower our immune response and interfere with our thyroid and adrenal glands. That can cause problems by blocking detection of cancer and not being able to properly destroy it when it forms. I don't see that it will mutate DNA, although it can make it easier to start tumors and cancers. It also can block folate working correctly in the body. That is probably why they enrich cereals, maybe they found out that there was problems with folate working properly many years ago. That would disrupt methylation which in turn would make us more vulnerable to cancer.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Thanks for the chat, you have given me a new avenue to explore and have given me another bunch of reasons to avoid plastic when possible.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thanks for the chat, you have given me a new avenue to explore and have given me another bunch of reasons to avoid plastic when possible.

It isn't that more expensive to do things so they are more environmentally friendly. It seems that there are people out there that feel they should be able to profit by putting that sticker on a product though. They put an environmental sticker on a product grown using sustainable practice, then ship it half way across the world wrapped in shrink wrap.

Living eco-friendly should actually be cheaper, part of eco-friendly is building things to last and that extra life means less waste enters our environment. The whole green campaign refers to green money to be made. It seems to be a sales pitch. Computers are not helping the environment, they are helping to destroy the environment. People see someplace on the net with a friend taking a selfy, then they fly there themselves and take a selfy in the same town. We are not satisfied seeing a picture anymore, cheap airfare and cheap deathdated products mean we fly and buy more. Everything is wrapped in plastic it seems.
edit on 10-9-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I thought coarse kosher salt was better too 'cause you don't need as much. The spice bottle label was telling...

"Ingredient -Salt/100%
Sodium per 1/4 TEASPOON-440mgs!!"

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Everything is contaminated now.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Cannot do much about the plastics in the environment---air and water.....but we do what we can.

For storage and cooking, we use glass when possible.
And, ditched teflon for pots and pans....opting for other cooking surfaces that are more people and earth friendly.

For cosmetics, soaps and such, we have moved to some organic products. Especially things that touch our skin.....soaps, shampoos, moisturizers. What isn't organic is at least fragrance-free.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, this has been going on for some considerable time.

Its also worth pointing out that up until bans were introduced in many countries, a great deal of the products people use to wash their hair and bodies, used to contain microplastics, tiny beads of plastic which were found to collect in the gills and other organs of fish, stifle all manner of marine life in fact, when washed out to sea with the waste water produced by human habitations.

We have known about the Pacific Trash Vortex for some time, we have known that BPAs leak out of plastics into the water for some time as well, decades in fact. So why is it that we are acting all shocked now that it is having effects on the world, and the products which come from it, that we use? This was ALWAYS going to happen, unless nations installed strict recycling policies and determined to reduce the amount of plastic which is used in packaging, by frankly ridiculous percentages, upward of 90 percent of current totals.

This is not going to happen of course, because government makes money from oil companies, who supply plastics companies, who both pay taxes of some sort, and upon the sale of the products that they sell, the government not only taxes the seller but the buyer, through various means.

Money before all other considerations, again... I wonder if people are going to catch on, that this cannot stand for long, and may already have damned and doomed us all.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There are 5 'garbage patches' in the oceans:

There are lots of initiatives to clean up the oceans, one to begin next year and will clean many tonnes of plastics.
www.theoceancleanup.com...

And initiatives to ditch consumer plastics in stores and use reusable containers instead.
Plastics in salt is just another thing to add to food problems, like medicine remains in fish, pesticides in fruits and hormones/other chemicals fed to livestock which gets into meat. Take care with buying what or risk developing all kinds of disease later in life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join