It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hat Man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The Hat man

I've seen him after waking up from a nightmare, he was in my room just standing there looking at me in the middle of the night. I immediately burried my face in my pillow and began praying to God to get rid of this entity. It was a tall black appearance with a fedora hat. It looked exactly like on this picture:

Praying to God worked because when I pulled my face out of my pillow to look again, he was no longer there.
When I woke up from my nightmare it just stood there looking at me without moving, it just stood still... Whatever 'it' was, I felt it was something evil in nature and that it probably was demonic. I also have the feeling it was responsible for the nightmares I was having on a daily basis.

It happened 3 years ago but I still remember it like yesterday. I decided to start this thread after reading some comments about it here on ATS, apparentely there are people here who also have seen the hat man. I have also read countless testimonies about it on other websites to know this isn't some hallucination or a fabrication of the mind. All the testimonies describe the same thing, so for me there's no doubt that this is a real entity.

Some of the testimonies I found:
"Juan":

The hat man. The other day my sister in law was telling a tale about slender man and I stated that I had experienced with a similar apparition many years ago. We looked up slender man and told her that is not the figure I saw years back. Then I looked up dark figure in coat and hat and the pictures and drawings are exactly what I saw. I was astonished by how many people have seen this figure. My first encounter was about 13 years ago when a presence woke me up. I saw a tall lanky man in a coat and a wide brim hat standing next to my bed looking at me. I jumped up thinking someone had broken in and started swinging at the figure only to catch air. This is when I realized this was a ghost or something. He vanished. In coming weeks I was awoken by his presence about 3 more times and every time he was standing there looking at me. Never moved never made a sound but I could clearly make him out. I have not seen him since. Nothing bad ever happened but I will never forget the eerie experience.

Reply to "Juan" by "Liz"

Omg! I never really spoke about this to anyone and looking this up I also cant believe other people are describing this guy just as I saw him. But Juan im very shocked that you basically said my story. Though this happened to me only once. Exactly how you described it,it happened to me! I was so scared! I thought i was going to die. I was shaking & crying like a baby. I was 16 then. I am now 26. I hope to never see that person ever again!!

"Mom"

My daughter experienced the "Hat Man" when she was about 11. Several times she ran out of her room screaming because she woke up with him staring at her while she was in bed. Our house was haunted but not by anything sinister, that I knew of. But this scared me. We finally went into her room and told whatever it was to leave, this was our house and it needed to go. She never saw him again. To see so many people experience the same thing really gives you pause.

"Spencer":

The Hat Man visited me 3 or 4 times when i was 9 years old. I'm 57 now. I remember like it was yesterday. But I hadn't thought about it for many many years until someone on coast to coast am w/ George Noorey mentioned shadow people and the Hat Man. That got my attention FAST!!! My experience was like so many others. Wake up late at nite. Dark figure of a man in a trench coat and that hat. Standing in the doorway observing me. and i could tell he was really there but not. I couldn't see thorough him but he didn't seem solid. If that makes any sense?? And he would just stand there. That's all he ever did. I got the idea for some reason that he was of some importance that i couldn't comprehend. I always pulled the covers over my head when i got tired of looking at him. I would still like to know what the hell the Hat Man is all about. I'm amazed that it is reported world wide.

"Jeny":

This is just crazy. I had no idea until today that anyone else has had this experience. I saw his when I was 14 or 15 years old ('86 or '87). I was asleep in the family room on the couch in the middle of the night. I was aroused from sleep because I thought I heard someone say my name. I was really tired and thought it was someone in the family so I ignored it and went back to sleep. A few seconds (minutes?) Later I heard my name again. Irritated, I opened my eyes and looked across the room. There were two chairs sitting along the opposite wall and two dark shadow-type people sitting in them. I remember thinking that the reason I couldn't see them clearly was because I must have "sleep" in my eyes. I kept rubbing my eyes to get them to focus. I wasn't scared at this point because I though it was my parents or something. At this point, the 2 figures stood up and started walking slowly toward me. (I am still rubbing my eyes and actually holding my eyelids open, because I thought maybe my eyes were semi-closed and I was seeing my eyelashes or something). One of them was a tall man who wore a trench coat and what I called a top hat. The other was short and round, and seemed to be a woman. Just as the tall man made a move to reach down toward my face, I realized this was not what I thought it was and I was struck with fear. I pulled the blanket over my face, every muscle in my body tightened. I tried to call out for my mom, but my voice was so shakey, I could barely get about a whisper. I stayed like that for hours until the sun peeked through the basement window and I mustered up the courage to run up the stairs to my mother's room. My whole body was sore for a week after that. I consider myself agnostic, and am very scientifically minded, but this experience has always given me conflict. I know I heard/saw what I did. I was awake and moving. Not until I watched the nightmare documentary today on Netflix did I ever think anyone else had seen this. I did a Google search, and here I am. Creeper the heck out.

"Leina (21) girl ":

I'm not sure if anyone is still posting to this blog.... But I've seen the hat man while I was just standing in the mirror in my room about to kill myself by taking a large amount of pills. I looked in the mirror , looked at the pills , looked back into the mirror and saw the hat man in my door way watching me . I turned around quickly and he disappeared right in front of my eyes. I'm 21 now, this happened when I was 14 (very depressed very suicidal) and I only seen him once that one time but I never did any research about it until I was about 18/19 and found a picture on google of the exact same man I saw.
I remember it so vividly . He was standing there behind me watching me . In broad daylight , and he was a black shadow hat man in my door way.
No one was home when this happened .... I was alone.
But I am Christian , and I think the reason why he never visited me again was that I ended up getting help for my depression and stopped feeling suicidal and I prayed all the time and built a relationship with God.

To be continued...

edit on 10-9-2017 by ChemicalAli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
More testimonies:

"Dylan":

He has been a part of my life ever since the fourth grade, arriving right after a traumatic experience. He always came to me in my dreams, appearing as we all know him. This is how I know he is real, I first saw him in 1988...long before he became an urban legend.

I have figured out the shadows feed on the energy that comes from our sadness...our fear. They evoke the feeling with their presence, he often did so by giving me nightmares, and then they feed while we linger on the emotion.

My encounters with him changed my life... and not always for the better.

"FOTF2012":

I don't know how to explain it. I am rationalist and skeptical to the core. However, around 2002, in a fully waking state, both my daughter and I saw hat man out of the corner of our eyes. Pitch black. No features. Hat like a fedora. We took turns describing what we had just seen to corroborate one another. We were jolted at the time, but years later I came across a picture of hat man, and shared it with my daughter.
I simply asked if that reminded her of anything, so as not to coach her. She replied that yes, that was what we had seen in 2002!
I still don't know what to make of it. But two intelligent people, fully awake, saw it at the same time. In some sense or another, it is real. I'll swear to that under oath.

"Rob Long"

We moved to an older home when I was about 6 years old. The house always gave me bad feelings, certain areas of the home were very creepy. Open stairways to the basement with an open well pit which extended beyond the the basement walls, and two bedrooms on the second floor with crawl spaces on either side of them. I was always uneasy, bordering on being frightened in that house. I never really cared for my bedroom though it bothered me less than the other bedrooms in the house, I was still not comfortable sleeping in it.
For whatever reason, probably because as a 6-7 year old I felt more comfortable sleeping on the couch in the living room, falling asleep watching TV. The one and only time in my life I saw this entity it was very early morning before dawn. The house was very dark, TV was turned off presumably by my Mother. I'm not really sure if I was sleeping, or for some reason I was woken. What I was aware of even in the predawn darkness of the room, standing next to the couch over my feet was an extremely dark form of a tall thin man with a hat. I believe he had some sort of cape or overcoat on but it was not clearly visible, just a very dark shape.

This experience seemed to last for a very long time, I could not move, or make a sound, I'm not sure if I was all that scared at that time. After what seemed a very long time of this figure standing over me he slowly reached down and touched my toes. I'm not sure how to explain it but instantly when he touched me I felt as though some even darker process was happening, it felt as though a line was slowly making it's way up my body, as if everything on his side of the line was gone cold, nonexistant.

The progression seemed fairly slow, it made it to where my neck began, just below my throat. For some reason in my mind I felt if I allowed it to progress any further I would die. At that point I'm not sure If If I just willed him to be gone, or If I had actually woke from a nightmare. To this day some where near 50 years later the memory is still nearly as though it just happened.

I brushed the experience off as a simple nightmare, and have to this day never seen him again. We continued to live in the home for another 6 or seven years. I stayed away from those areas of the house which made me feel uneasy. I did continue to have some strange dreams in that house. Nothing like the Hatman.

"Noel Ramos "

Its funny, I used to see this"evil entity" a lot when I was younger (about 6-8 years old) every single night around 2-3 am. It didn't harm me, it just seemed to study me and it almost felt like it was guarding me from something. It paced back and forward at my bedside until I eventually sat up to look at it. It stared at me for a while and I always looked over to see if it was my dad's shadow (which would be impossible because the light was coming from the wrong side). When I realized it wasn't my dad I would just lay back down and hide under my blanket. It would go back to pacing side to side. Eventually I found out that my cousin saw him too when he was living with us (which was around the time it started). Except the encounters with him were different, more violent, more scary. It would hold him down and keep him there while it just studied him. Eventually the hat man stopped appearing and soon after I started to have a ton of nightmares and more paranormal activity ensued. This just backs my theory that he or it was guarding me somehow.

"Msk"

I found this site looking for more information on shadowpeople.
I live in a large old Victorian house thats been divided into 4 apartments. I’ve lived there 10+ years.
A woman & her 3 children moved in next door.Shortly after they moved in, I started seeing the hat man. He would ‘visit’ briefly before going back thru the wall to the neighbors apartment. I would even watch my dog watching the shadow. I wasn’t dreaming, I wasn’t experiencing hypnogogia, and I don’t take any drugs.
The new neighbor was a mess- seriously into meth, eventually she got her aging mother to move in, while she took off for weeks at a time. She would pop in maybe 1-2 a month to stay the night. Everytime she came home, hat man would make a brief ‘tour’ of my place before going back to hers.
I never got a sense of evil from it. My dog didn’t act afraid, either. But it definetely had a strong ‘presence’. If I was sleeping when he visited, I would wake up-Like when someone is staring at you when you’re asleep. I also had odd dreams. After they moved out, everything stopped, no more visits from hat man, no weird dreams.
I was just hoping for definitive answers about what I saw.

You can read many more of these testimonies here:
www.micahackerman.com...
thehatmanproject.com...
mysteriousuniverse.org... (comment section)

There's no way that all those people including myself are making this up, these entities are real and it seems they want something from us? What are your thoughts on this? Also, have you seen the hatman or experienced something paranormal that you'd like to share? If so, please don't hesitate share your story.
edit on 10-9-2017 by ChemicalAli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

I also have the feeling it was responsible for the nightmares I was having on a daily basis.

Have they stopped? If you feel like sharing any of that, what were they about... ?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've seen shadow people and even a shadow dog and cat.
Never seen the hat man.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here you can read my messed up experience with the hatman about 20 years ago.

My hatman experience

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The book series Morpheus Road by DJ Machale features the Hat Man though he is called Grave Digger in the story.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
due to my ever receding hairline i may have to use the name hat man in the future.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's the shadow men but in a different name. These aren't demonic, more often know as interdenominational beings. Have had some experiences that were quite possibly this, including with others seeing the same thing at the same time.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
After coming home from the mental hospital I saw him too. This was two years ago.

The only thing he did to me was made me stiff with paralysis. He then smiled at me and his smile turned to sharp teeth and his fingers turned into claws.

He began to attack me ripping me up and eating me piece by piece. Once he was finished he took three little blue balls. I didn't know I had that within me. I assume they were souls? Anyway, it really happened. The only scary thing was that it felt real but it must have been the effects of the pills I had to take.

But the pills can't explain what I saw in my dream.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I saw a silhouette of a shadow man wearing a hat after waking from a night terror years ago. I was unable to move and barely able to speak. But I remember pleadingly trying to ask "what do you want"....

Then it moved with unholy speed, right next to the couch i was immobile on. It standing that close i could feel the terror, the feeling of powerlessness.....i did all I could think to do....pray. I closed my eyes and prayed, and the feeling of terror seemed to dissipate.

I have not seen this entity since, and am thankful for it. It has been since may of 1999.
edit on am99201717America/Chicago10p10am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

edit on am99201717America/Chicago10p10am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
It's the shadow men but in a different name. These aren't demonic, more often know as interdenominational beings. Have had some experiences that were quite possibly this, including with others seeing the same thing at the same time.

Maybe interdimensional beings are demons?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
"A dark spirit, named Dick Tracy has invaded your game"

Conspiracy theorierst seeing a frame of a dark detective? If the God(s) had a sense of humour, that would be it.
edit on 10-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
"A dark spirit, named Dick Tracy has invaded your game"

Conspiracy theorierst seeing a frame of a dark detective? If the God(s) had a sense of humour, that would be it.

Dark Souls 3 reference?

A star for you

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

As a child and up until 3 years ago. The Hat man was almost a daily occurrence for me. I would see him in the laundry room. To me, he looked like the Hamburgler from MacDonalds.

When my dad passed away. It stopped.

But before it stopped, for a couple of days it smelled like sulfur in the house.

I haven't seen him since my dad died.

I like to believe my dad got rid of him.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

I feel your pain. Hairline has been receding for a while but I just point out two important (alternative) facts:

1 - My hairline is only receding to allow more room for my very big and very full brain.
2 - Evolutionary theory states that in the future those with less hair will be the smartest and most evolved.

lol

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sounds like sleep paralysis

Sleep Paralysis- Wikipedia

edit on 10/9/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I know this is serous for some of you all but this is what I think of when I saw the image posted by the OP of the man in a hat.

From the movie Tombstone.

If I had a hat man dream I would probably relate back to that movie. They all looked like that.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Sounds like sleep paralysis

Sleep Paralysis- Wikipedia

I have had that happen many times over the years.....but only saw that black figure once

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

That was a great movie

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
calm down....
it was just an hypnagonic hallucination
shadow people are one of the most common thing you can see in the half awake-half asleep state

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join