It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your natural thoughts positive or negative?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am a optimist. I think its ultimately happy thoughts and good outlook will lead to a better and more comfortable existance. I am surrounded by intense negative things, and I reckon I would go insane if I let that not only fill the outside of my life, but also the inside.

I take out my darkness in video games where I can be as evil and dark as I want for fun..otherwise, my best pleasure comes in making a person smile, especially if they are having a crappy day.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Positive.

(Now you all hate me because of my answer, I knew it. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. But it's too late now.
)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

So how is your mind treating ya? Again this is not a question of whether you are happy or miserable in life, but the natural way of how your thoughts happen, effortlessly.

Thanks for reading.

I try to keep or maintain a level of positive energy output and within and resonate on higher frequency vibrations for my Love ones.
The times when lower vibrations overwhelm or make contact with my electromagnetic field which could lower my vibrations, I just switch to neutral mode until I can bounce back up to positive frequency again.
In an attempt to avoid going negative.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm a positive person. And this has been made clear to me based on how I react to setbacks.

I don't know if I would have survived some of the incidents in my life had I been a negative thinker. At the very least, I would have been more traumatized.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Little from column A and a little from column B. I'd point out people are too umm negative about being negative. Studies are showing "negativity" is good for us.

www.psychologytoday.com...

However any excess of something is bad. Too much will kill you, just as fast as none.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I know you're not asking for a spiritual or religious take on this, but I'll give one anyway.

In Islam, that negative voice is Shaytan/Satan. The Qur'an even refers to him w/terms such as "the sneaking whisperer", like in Surah 114, An-Naas (Mankind), (pickthall translation).

1. Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
2. The King of mankind,
3. The God of mankind,
4. From the evil of the sneaking whisperer,
5. Who whispereth in the hearts of mankind,
6. Of the jinn and of mankind.

We basically believe that Shaytan is the source of human evil because he uses the power of suggestion to get people to do negative things. He doesn't have the power to turn into a 200 ft tall, bat-winged, goat hooved, eagle taloned, fire breathing, super muscular, red skinned, horned monstrosity. Otherwise he'd be doing that as we speak. Instead, he has the power to whisper to humans & convince us that those negative/sinful thoughts are our own thoughts.

That is the absolute truth what you just posted. I had a time when I saw the evil things who do this as their only job. One looked like huge demon frog with a fancy cloak. I'm not joking, although it does seem impossible and even funny, only it really isn't. It is very real though we just can't usually see these creatures. It was grinning and moving it's fingers like a piano player towards a crowd of people, putting thoughts and suggestions into their minds.

" For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Negative.
I'm intelligent enough to know things and DUMB enough to want to.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Do you think you generate all of your thoughts? Our thought process is manipulated by our senses, what we see, hear, read, smell and taste.... PLUS there is that other sense we all have....a sixth sense....on a spiritual level.....since man has a spirit and our spirit can also influence us and our decisions this is why it is important to take your time when making a decision and not make instant decisions which for the most part will lead you down the wrong path.

To get to the point....not all "thoughts" come from you but can come from another "being" while awake or asleep. They stand next to you, or at the foot of your bed, in your doorway, etc.... but must be near you to influence your decisions by sending a message (a thought) to you BUT you will think you made up this thought as if you made the "idea" yourself. This is how communication works in the supernatural whether you are in contact with the light or the dark.....again the reason for "testing the spirit" something most people do not know how to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't doubt you for a second. I'm not a Muslim because of any of the Prophets or stories of old. I respect them because God chose them, but it's not like any of those people can teleport to me and affect me in my daily life.

I'm a Muslim because of my numerous childhood experiences with a negative & deceptive entity. I'd accepted that there was something trying to get me to do negative things before I'd even accepted that there was a God, but I didn't know what it was. So I started researching different myths, religions, and occult beliefs, just to see if any of the things matched (was it a ghost or a demon or a hallucination or a youkai or a...?). The Qur'an's teachings and warnings completely matched my personal experiences.

After that, I arrogantly spent years basically taunting God to prove Himself as being real, because His existence would match the other half of the Islamic equation. As a result, I went through so many spiritual situations that I simply couldn't explain it any other way; yet I still wouldn't commit lol. So a month or so before my 18th birthday, He'd apparently had enough so He chastised me hard until I physically submit.

I've never been a Sunni, a Shiite, a Salafi, Ismaili, Alawite, member of the Nation of Islam, etc because their specific teachings have nothing to do with why I chose to follow God. Though I can respect them as fellow believers, I also accept anyone else who does good deeds and honors God as a fellow "believer". And in truth, I respect a lot of people who don't even consider themselves to be "believers" or "God following" because many of them do more good in the world than many of my fellow "believers" do.

To me, environmentalists are protecting God's creation of Nature; animal rights activists are protecting God's life forms; pacifists are trying to prevent unnecessary bloodshed; teachers are committing their lives to helping the next generation prepare for adulthood; food banks, soup kitchens, and food aid programs are trying to prevent starvation, etc. Basically, I can accept anyone who is trying to reject and overcome the negative influences of Shaytan, regardless of what they choose to call him/it and regardless of whether they even believe he/it exists.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Podcast for you to check out:

"The One you Feed: Learn Good Habits..."

It refers to feeding the 'Good Wolf"

Just like any muscle, you have to exercise your mind.... and it's designed to recall and dwell on the negative - for survival reasons - just doesn't work so well in todays world.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
My natural thoughts are positive, except when I want to exterminate people at work.

I am a "cup half full" type of person. To me, even the rainiest of days has some good, and out of the most trying situation there will be positives; after all - to quote Friedrich Nietzsche, "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger”.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Positive. Always. With brief bouts of negativity lurking about. Balancing the 2 is the hard part...

I don't believe 1 can exist without the other in a never ending battle for dominance of the psyche....

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My natural thoughts are me and I have the tendency to deal with myself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join