It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cows - They Fart & They Burp Producing Methane Gasses !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ok I was just listening to an activist on climate change on Bill Maher show say that industrial agricultural practices with cows are harming our environment; the reason too many are farting and burping, I am not even joking. They even went so far as to say it's more harmful than vehicle emissions. I do believe that all the studies showing our industrial modern society is producing too much harmful products for the environment to absorb is true, and that contributes too a big problem. But animals passing gas and burping is the least of our problems, I would say to any environmentalist don't use that as an argument because you just sound silly.

There were millions of buffalo roaming North America 400 years ago I am sure they passed a lot of gas too.

We need to focus on reducing non-organic pollutants.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Are you a climate change denier or someone who's just found out for the first time that cows fart?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Tell that to California's politicians. California has more cattle than the next two highest States combined and they charge based on the flatulence of cattle. Yes, they charge Farmers based on the flatulence of their livestock.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Not counting they feed a lot of the world's population...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think that is dwarfed by the Permafrost melts all over the Arctic.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This is why they say that in case you're interested in actually understanding why they say it.
timeforchange.org...

But I suppose it's much easier to just laugh because someone said "Cow Farts" rather than look into it.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oh don't worry!

We can all eat bugs. Who knew that just a little less hygiene would solve the world's food shortage problems. You can wallow in your filth and eat the cockroaches it feeds.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh don't worry!

We can all eat bugs. Who knew that just a little less hygiene would solve the world's food shortage problems. You can wallow in your filth and eat the cockroaches it feeds.
NOPE, it's only Jack in the Box Taco's for me.....

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Are you a climate change denier or someone who's just found out for the first time that cows fart?

You cannot deny the pictures showing the regression of the ice all over the world, what's to deny?

My point is cows farting is at the bottom of the list of environmental issues, industrial production in places that have little to no environmental regulations are at issue.

I am old enough to remember the acidic rain issue killing lakes and the like, that issue went away because we did something about it.

The point of this thread is priorities, we need to get them straight if we want to make progress, Americans generally will laugh us out the discussion, if we hang our hat on reducing emissions by reducing the cows because they fart too much.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Seriously. I'm more concerned about the fat hog next to me who farts up the nasty stadium nachos she ingested.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Seriously. I'm more concerned about the fat hog next to me who farts up the nasty stadium nachos she ingested.

Have you thought about getting a new girlfriend.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It could just be used. I remember a farm on Dirty Jobs that collected the waste trapped the gas and used it to power their farm. The also compressed the leftover into flower pots.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Cows are fed an un-natural diet. They are not designed to eat all the corn and soy they are fed. This leads to the digestive issues.

I can buy that there is an increase in methane.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I know that animal agriculture overall, is much worse to the environment than anything else. Not so sure about their farts alone though, maybe that's what he meant?

You should watch the documentary "Cowspiracy".

edit on 9-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Cows are fed an un-natural diet. They are not designed to eat all the corn and soy they are fed. This leads to the digestive issues.

I can buy that there is an increase in methane.

I'm pretty sure the mad cow disease spawned from feeding the cows their dead ground up buddies.
edit on 9-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: cause flatulence

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes they had processed central nervous system "material" added to feed to boost protein levels. Turned out to be a really bad idea. This has nothing to do with the methane story.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

When people have no evidence, no personal experience, and no clue. They will lash out at everything they can, so that they will feel like they are helping. . .

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Lets get something straight right here and now.
Don't ya'll go takin bad about my big ole brown eyed girls.

Until you have had a real pet cow you ain't had a pet.
And look Ma, they won't eat the kids, they have no bottom teeth.
And if you think dogs and cats get under your feet, try a thousand pounder out for a while.

Buck
edit on 9-9-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Number of Bison (American Buffalo) prior to 1800 was around 60 million.

Currently the estimated amount of cattle around the world is about 998 million.

Lot of cows. US must have the most....right?

Wrong.

India has the most......followed by Brazil.....and then the 3rd most is China.

Not the US. We're in 4th place.

India has about 303 million. Brazil about 226 million, and China has around 100 million cattle. The 3 combined make up 63% of the world's cattle population.

Yet it seems we keep hearing about how cows are so bad for the environment here in the US....as though we are the bad guys in this.

Hell, the EU is in 5th place.

Seems to me that the people that need to be talked to about this are India and Brazil.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes they had processed central nervous system "material" added to feed to boost protein levels. Turned out to be a really bad idea. This has nothing to do with the methane story.

Your right, it was in response to you saying they have an unnatural diet

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join