It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appeal Filed in Lawsuit Over Rigged Democratic Primary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – Attorneys suing the Democratic National Committee for rigging the primaries against Bernie Sanders and in favor of Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race have filed a notice of appeal and say they are willing to take the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Source

Back in July 2016, supporters of Sanders and Democratic donors [Jared and Elizabeth Beck] sued the DNC, alleging it had defrauded its constituents. During a hearing in April 2017, the DNC argued that the case should be dismissed, subsequently convincing Judge William J. Zloch to agree. Lawers representing the DNC justified the party’s right to select candidates through “back-room” deals.

Here’s a snippet of the DNC’s shoddy argument:

“[I]f you had a charity where somebody said, ‘Hey, I’m gonna take this money and use it for a specific purpose, X,’ and they pocketed it and stole the money, of course that’s different.

But here, where you have a party that’s saying, ‘We’re gonna, you know, choose our standard bearer, and we’re gonna follow these general rules of the road,’ which we are voluntarily deciding, we could have – and we could have voluntarily decided that, ‘Look, we’re gonna go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way.'

“That’s not the way it was done. But they could have. And that would have also been their right, and it would drag the court well into party politics, internal party politics to answer those questions.” - DNC attorney Bruce Spiva

The case was dismissed August 31, citing jurisdictional issues. Both parties were given 30 days after the judgment was entered to file an appeal. In a defiant effort, the Becks are not backing down.

They are declining donations to fund the appeal process and are using funds they believe will be secured after the release of a book Jared is in the process of writing. It's being written as a direct response to Hillary’s new book, What Happened.

Here’s the KICKER!

The notice of appeal, which was officially filed Thursday, also ultimately could allow a discovery process that could reveal information about other issues. They include the possible data breech of DNC donors’ information, the Awan scandal, allegations of Russian interference in the election and even the unsolved murder of Seth Rich, the DNC staffer who is alleged to have leaked DNC emails to WikiLeaks.

Notice of Appeal (PDF): Download

Amazingly, the Becks are the only attorneys that are seeking to hold the Democratic Party accountable for rigging its own primary, all confirmed by internal DNC e-mails. If you didn’t know why superdelegates existed, now you know. They are unbound to provide pivotal support in determining preconceived outcomes when the race is more organically split.

Article 4, Section 5 of the DNC charter states: “The chairperson shall exercise impartiality and evenhandedness between the presidential candidates and campaigns. The chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and evenhandedness during the Democratic Party presidential nominating process.”

Apparently, only “designated” DNC members are allowed to break their own rules. Also, would I be wrong to say that if the GOP were caught doing this after Trump’s victory, we would never hear the end of their corrupt ways and how Trump should be disqualified from office?

Anyway, I’m afraid that even a single thread pulled from the sweater of DWS or Awan would inflict so much damage to the DNC, GOP and political “system” in general, that not only is there not a broom and dustpan large enough, there is no one with big enough balls to carryout the cleaning.

I’m anxious to see how this plays out.

edit on 9-9-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
did wnd even make trumps trusted source list? would be surprised mind.
no matter, the fact nobody voted for him meant it didn't need rigging anyways.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

Yea generally the,winner of primaries don't get any votes nor do they go on to gain the most votes in the electoral college either...especially if they win the presidency.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ever wonder when the rigging really got started? Maybe one of those "grass-root" things that worked its way up. Then, again, maybe, as seems the case, it worked its way down.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am from St. Louis MO and this is a story I heard on the radio a long time ago. St. Charles MO is the county and city just to the northwest of St. Louis. It is not considered a suburb but would be considered a part of the St. Louis Metro Area. The man on the radio said that he had attended a tea party convention just after the party started getting recognition. This was suppose to be a meeting to pick candidates that the St. Charles branch of the tea party was suppose to endorse. There was one man that the person on the radio knew was from St. Charles politics with a bunch of men he had not seen before at similar meetings. The bunch of men were not from St. Charles area. But these men and the St. Charles politician basically announced the candidates that everyone will have to support as Tea Party candidates. There was suppose to be debate and discussion. Instead all of the people from St. Charles got told to shut up and accept the candidates and platform that was coming from this outside group. This is when the man on the radio realized that the grassroots Tea Party had been taken over by political interest and that the people who started the movement had been pushed aside.

Like I said, this is just a story I heard on the radio. I can not verify its truthfulness and accuracy; but, I would not doubt that this happens all the time in politics.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Lol are you serious?
Hillary cheated...always has
Trump, love him or hate em beat em all....need some lotion?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

What does Trump have to do with the DNC rigging the primaries against Bernie?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: growler

What does Trump have to do with the DNC rigging the primaries against Bernie?

Karma.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Except Sanders was well paid for his time,he was in on it,just like a liberal start something,get caught start pointing fingers,they lack a backbone,they are just continual victims

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Quock everyone come defend the crooked DNC.while acting like you arent a party hack.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

More like threatened to stand down and bribed to keep his mouth shut.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You have already seen how it plays out.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

WASHINGTON – Attorneys suing the Democratic National Committee for rigging the primaries against Bernie Sanders and in favor of Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race have filed a notice of appeal and say they are willing to take the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Source

Back in July 2016, supporters of Sanders and Democratic donors [Jared and Elizabeth Beck] sued the DNC, alleging it had defrauded its constituents. During a hearing in April 2017, the DNC argued that the case should be dismissed, subsequently convincing Judge William J. Zloch to agree. Lawers representing the DNC justified the party’s right to select candidates through “back-room” deals.

Here’s a snippet of the DNC’s shoddy argument:

“[I]f you had a charity where somebody said, ‘Hey, I’m gonna take this money and use it for a specific purpose, X,’ and they pocketed it and stole the money, of course that’s different.

But here, where you have a party that’s saying, ‘We’re gonna, you know, choose our standard bearer, and we’re gonna follow these general rules of the road,’ which we are voluntarily deciding, we could have – and we could have voluntarily decided that, ‘Look, we’re gonna go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way.'

“That’s not the way it was done. But they could have. And that would have also been their right, and it would drag the court well into party politics, internal party politics to answer those questions.” - DNC attorney Bruce Spiva

The case was dismissed August 31, citing jurisdictional issues. Both parties were given 30 days after the judgment was entered to file an appeal. In a defiant effort, the Becks are not backing down.

They are declining donations to fund the appeal process and are using funds they believe will be secured after the release of a book Jared is in the process of writing. It's being written as a direct response to Hillary’s new book, What Happened.

Here’s the KICKER!

The notice of appeal, which was officially filed Thursday, also ultimately could allow a discovery process that could reveal information about other issues. They include the possible data breech of DNC donors’ information, the Awan scandal, allegations of Russian interference in the election and even the unsolved murder of Seth Rich, the DNC staffer who is alleged to have leaked DNC emails to WikiLeaks.

Notice of Appeal (PDF): Download

Amazingly, the Becks are the only attorneys that are seeking to hold the Democratic Party accountable for rigging its own primary, all confirmed by internal DNC e-mails. If you didn’t know why superdelegates existed, now you know. They are unbound to provide pivotal support in determining preconceived outcomes when the race is more organically split.

Article 4, Section 5 of the DNC charter states: “The chairperson shall exercise impartiality and evenhandedness between the presidential candidates and campaigns. The chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and evenhandedness during the Democratic Party presidential nominating process.”

Apparently, only “designated” DNC members are allowed to break their own rules. Also, would I be wrong to say that if the GOP were caught doing this after Trump’s victory, we would never hear the end of their corrupt ways and how Trump should be disqualified from office?

Anyway, I’m afraid that even a single thread pulled from the sweater of DWS or Awan would inflict so much damage to the DNC, GOP and political “system” in general, that not only is there not a broom and dustpan large enough, there is no one with big enough balls to carryout the cleaning.

I’m anxious to see how this plays out.

thanks for posting this
at the least this is fraud and misuse of donations from the little people

if they wont even clean themselves up they dont deserve another election win

top topics

join