It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Detected in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

No it isn't, but that's not my point.

If they had the capabilities other nations do they'd use them. Obviously there's the political side of things.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Eldest808

Hopefully China does step in finally and put an end to this. If nothing else this proves just how selfish and careless Fatty Kim really is.

If you're stupid enough to radiate one of the few friends you've got in the world by carelessly testing your nukes right next to them then you don't deserve friends anymore.

If I set my friend on fire because I insisted on playing with fire then I don't deserve a friend and shouldn't be allowed to play with fire.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
But you have to consider who Defcon is.
I can tell you what it is not and that is nothing related to any government nor agency that does monitoring .
Sounds like they decided to put the "news" out there in case this is one time their "broken clock" is right.Being proactive where they can say they were the first .
The same sites (shady at best) also have articles diametrically opposed to the "detected radiation" news. (i.e. no radiation detected)
Stacking the deck much ?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Hopefully China does step in finally and put an end to this. If nothing else this proves just how selfish and careless Fatty Kim really is.

If you're stupid enough to radiate one of the few friends you've got in the world by carelessly testing your nukes right next to them then you don't deserve friends anymore.

If I set my friend on fire because I insisted on playing with fire then I don't deserve a friend and shouldn't be allowed to play with fire.

Reason why China isn't going to play step in is when US refuse to do joint command. That is major Karma right there. Keep antagonizing China all you want but when NK blow up the world its obviously US military fault. They started the Korean war first place. They had one obvious option was to leave Korea after WW2. This would have let China know who was the real threat. Soviet or US?
edit on 9-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

The US has nothing to do with NK testing their Nuke too close to China and allowing the radiation fallout to cross the boarder into China.

BTW, the Korean War ended already.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: 3daysgone

Improvements equal testing.

The US still tests their arsenal, still improve them. They just have the technology to test on the smallest scale possible.

I imagine nearly all nuclear powers can do this.

They use standard CAE modelling packages used to design nuclear reactors to do the simulations. That takes away a lot of need to do real world tests. Otherwise, the USA would probably have run out of mountains.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The US has nothing to do with NK testing their Nuke too close to China and allowing the radiation fallout to cross the boarder into China.

That is why Russia-China is kind of pissed at NK now. This could have been greatly prevented further if it wasn't for the US military and Obama pissing off China earlier.

en.wikipedia.org...

NK war didn't end at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Exactly.

The morality surrounding nuclear detonations was about above ground detonations.

The US would still be periodically detonating nuclear weapons if they didn't have alternatives.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Not too trifle but the korean war was never officially ended
Just a truce

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

S. Korean media is also reporting they have detected particles consistent with a nuclear test detonation.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Actually it did not.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

sorry i miss understood your post. thought you meant that the U.S. started the war.
edit on 10-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Abysha

I still think a smart gamble is to wait until Lil' Kim pisses off China enough to step in. If the radiation is significant, the least they'll do is tell him "no more nuke testing, dumb ass" and that would resolve what most of the international community is stressed about.

It won't resolve nothing. He is done testing, there is no need for him to test ever again because he achieved the holy grail of H Bomb thermonuclear detonation. You cannot scare the world any further than that.

the world is armed to the teeth as it is already with enough firepower to cleanse humanity from earth.
i don't see the problem with another country joining the nuclear club, it's not as if other nations are prepared to give theirs up.
if you're simply worried a mentally unstable fat guy with a bad haircut is getting them, he has already, in america.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

sorry i miss understood your post. thought you meant that the U.S. started the war.

Yes, Korea was Chinese influence before and during WW2. After WW2. Korea was split between Soviet puppet and US. One side with US base, the other side with Soviet. US escalated it even further. If US had simply left and let China deal with it first, it could've been Soviet vs Chinese.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

well maybe i didn't misunderstand, it would have been just as simple for the soviets and china to leave the north. if not for and with their backing the north wouldn't even attempted to invade the south.

fact is the north and their backers made the first move, not the south or the U.S.. no matter how you try to spin it.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

one more thing, china had a brief influence over korea for about 250 years starting in 660 give or take. they tried to defeat the combined kingsdoms and lost twice. before that it was divided into three kingsdoms the goguryeo in the north and silla( who the chinese made a alliance with) and baekje in the south, then the goryeo kingdom came to power in.

korea remained a independent country for almost 1000 years, japan was constantly attacking and trying to take over and finally gained control in 1910.

so as far as being under Chinese influence before and during WW II your wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

oh and just one more thing, the with drawing of the ussr and U.S. happened in 1948( ussr) and 1949 (U.S.).
stalin held little kims grand pa back until the communist had taken over china and the U.S. forces were complaetly out of the south.

a wiki cause it's fast,

Stalin initially did not think the time was right for a war in Korea. Chinese Communist forces were still embroiled in the Chinese Civil War, while U.S. forces remained stationed in South Korea.[90] By spring 1950, he believed that the strategic situation had changed: Mao's Communist forces had secured final victory in China, U.S. forces had withdrawn from Korea, and the Soviets detonated their first nuclear bomb, breaking the U.S. atomic monopoly. As the U.S. had not directly intervened to stop the communist victory in China, Stalin calculated that they would be even less willing to fight in Korea, which had much less strategic significance. The Soviets had also cracked the codes used by the U.S. to communicate with their embassy in Moscow, and reading these dispatches convinced Stalin that Korea did not have the importance to the US that would warrant a nuclear confrontation.[91] Stalin began a more aggressive strategy in Asia based on these developments, including promising economic and military aid to China through the Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Alliance, and Mutual Assistance.[92]
In April 1950, Stalin gave Kim permission to invade the South under the condition that Mao would agree to send reinforcements if needed. Stalin made it clear that Soviet forces would not openly engage in combat, to avoid a direct war with the United States.[93] Kim met with Mao in May 1950. Mao was concerned the U.S. would intervene but agreed to support the North Korean invasion. China desperately needed the economic and military aid promised by the Soviets.[94] However, Mao sent more ethnic Korean PLA veterans to Korea and promised to move an army closer to the Korean border.[95] Once Mao's commitment was secured, preparations for war accelerated.[96][97]
Korean War

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join