It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work is a lot more fun when you get asked to do really cool stuff and get paid for it.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Maybe not the coolest thing I have been asked to do but I had an email this morning that should be a fun little job if it all goes ahead like it should do.

A local castle has asked me to make some replica ships cannons for their grounds with the possibility of more cool builds if it all goes well.

I was hoping they wanted some huge ones but they are just ships cannons about 3 feet long and made of wood but not a bad way to earn a few quid.

So does anyone else get to earn money for the kind of thing they would happily do for free?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes. I dive in dumpsters, recycle metals and sell at flea markets.

Every day is like Christmas.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

When I was younger I made money by house sitting. I mean is there any easier way to have income?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
So does anyone else get to earn money for the kind of thing they would happily do for free?

Sales management is basically being a sadistic babysitter.

So, yeah.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A man after my own heart, we call it skip diving over here and i have pulled a lot of valuable stuff or materials from skips or the side of the road.

A good way to make a living if you can do it

The cannons will be made mostly out of salvaged materials meaning I can quote at a price that many could not finanially afford to do.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yes. I dive in dumpsters, recycle metals and sell at flea markets.

Every day is like Christmas.

Come to Perth then, some hooligans are stealing water meters for scrap metal.

It'd be a cash cow man, a cash cow... Dashing through the suburbs, on a 4 cylinder toyota, all the meters nicked, get you five bucks either way..

I don't make any money writing bad poetry... see if I don't.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I was in electrical construction, install, repair, maintain for 29 years. I now do kitchens & baths and anything else that isn't electrical......I work for myself, with my self, all by myself....god I love it. Currently rehabbing the interior of a 1994 Airstream Diesel Pusher....from top to bottom.......most fun I've had since election night. If I had to work inside, in an office I would shoot myself.
edit on 8-9-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I get to make beer, and watch people enjoy it.

And listen to music all day.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Dumpster divers aren't thieves.

Sorry your economy sucks so bad people have to steal meters from the city.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Please be sure to share photos of your handiwork.

Love this kind of stuff!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

In the UK if you take from skips without asking permission it is classed as theft by finding technically so I always ask first and no one ever says no as it makes more space in the skip and they are pretty expensive over here.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I love making a building talk by installing network cables. But the coolest thing I did was install a tower for a wireless link. I got to rent a back hoe and play on it for a couple days. Like a giant sandbox. I'm sure if I did it every day, it would be like work, but damn that was a fun job.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I get to have fun with technology way before it is released to the public
What a life...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

In the UK if you take from skips without asking permission it is classed as theft by finding technically so I always ask first and no one ever says no as it makes more space in the skip and they are pretty expensive over here.

In the states theres a federal statute, 'garbage is public property once it hits the curb'.

There are locked dumpster, and those behind gates. There are those on private property, and yes there are those that 'guard their landfill'. Those are the worst.

Contributes to why the US is so resource wasteful.

And why it feels so good somewhere deep inside, turning trash into cash.

edit on 8-9-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

This public isn't amused.

I`m painting on recycled canvas atm. Have 2 close-ups for the lulz.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I play poker online and live for a living.

So it cant be done for free and the only person that benefits from it is me.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I sing rap/classic rock on street corners.

I think suburbia is not ready for my innovationness ss .

Think " Pink Punk " 😎
edit on 8-9-2017 by Timely because: An extra ' N ' was necessary . Or maybe not ..

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
i restore vintage beach cruisers and vintage bmx bicycles, and build custom beach cruisers. i work a 9 to 5 job but most of my free time im working on bicycles. i make money doing it, and worst case i break even. when i do a build for a customer, i don't really charge for labor. i see it as my free time, and give me something to do that i like. i wish i could do it full time but am happy with what time i can put into it. taking a rusty unloved bike and turning it into art is what keeps me doing it. its a great feeling seeing someone really enjoy the work you put into something.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I modify laser engraving and cutting machines. Sometimes its work, sometimes its hard work, but when work is over, I hang out and make cool s--t just for kicks...so, work rewards me by letting me play with the toys I build.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cancerslug

Making ends meet ... doing something you love ...

Priceless !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join