It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Heralds The State: Hurricanes Are An Example

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The all powerful state is the vision for the globalist future---a government that can do no wrong.

Those of us that know better know that the true power will be the elites and multi-national corporations but the brainwashed masses believe that the state will work for the common man for the good of all people.

What I've noticed lately---especially during the recent hurricanes---is a lack of willingness on the part of the media to criticize the state---even when it's been wrong or has made mistakes during emergencies.

Way back when we had a real media, that was their job---to keep the state/government honest and to react to the state's performance as it served the people.

But in the here and now, the media is reluctant to criticize the state (not talking about Trump here but the agencies and organizations and political groups that service the state). I believe it's because they want to champion the state in order to show the people how important and necessary the state is to their lives.

Now, it's a dilemma for the globalists to champion the state and make people hate Trump at the same time. But they have to try. You can't have a new World Order if people aren't for a large, centralized government.

During the hurricanes---and as someone who worked in the media for many years and through many hurricanes--- I saw the local and state and some federal agencies make some very critical mistakes.

Now, in the old days the media would have been all over it. We saw it with Katrina---but even then criticism against the state was ebbing. We saw it with 9/11 and even JFK.

Now I'm not commenting here on how the hurricanes could have been handled better---or what should have been done---I am more commenting on the lack of a perceptive and unbiased media reporting honestly about what the state could have done better.

I have family in Florida with very young children and they were told to evacuate---all the while the government knew there was a gas shortage. People are stuck and out of gas on the roads leading out of the state---young children are on the side of the road in the hot sun.

Where is the criticism? The pictures of the kids without an air conditioned car to shelter them and sitting on a major interstate?

I feel that the media has stopped reporting criticism against the state in both big things and small. You rarely see it anymore.

It's subtle----yes, but it's there.

The message is, "we need the state to rescue us, to protect us, to see us through difficulties and shelter us."

It's a manipulative and dangerous stance on the part of the media.

edit on 7-9-2017 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I dont understand. There has been a multitude of reports from onsite in Fl on the gas shortage. Showing folks that had gotten to the station hours ahead of the fuel deliveries.Most reporters are now gone. There WAS an EVACUATION order which covers everyone. Including reporters

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That's why I didn't want to offer examples. I'm not talking about the mistakes mate. I'm talking about the lack of press coverage against the state.

I used the gas as an example to illustrate my point.

I am a reporter who worked through many hurricanes. There were hundreds of them all over Houston! What are you talking about?

Oh vey.

I didn't want this to become a hurricane thread.

It's a thread about the media.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

The message is, "we need the state to rescue us, to protect us, to see us through difficulties and shelter us."

It's a manipulative and dangerous stance on the part of the media.

The "state", as in Corporate State, owns politicians and the media. But you're right, in yesteryears the media used to do better.

Now they're an official mouthpiece, so is the presider. The President is suppose to represent the people , not big business. Wait, Trumps a businessman...

nvm

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
good eye, baby....
good eye there, man

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Instead of the globalist do you prefer the military generals in charge?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If Irma roars in with 140 mph wins and people are stuck evacuating there could tens of thousands of deaths. If such an event occurred in any presidency, left or right, that presidency would be instantly illegitimately in terms of power. With that many deaths a president would have to resign just from the public outcry and rioting.

edit on 7-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What's the difference?

It's an "all in" scenario. The military industrial complex is part of the agenda.

That is pretty well known information, right?

I guess you're new to all of this.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If Irma roars in with 140 mph wins and people are stuck evacuating there could tens of thousands of deaths. If such an event occurred in any presidency, left or right, that presidency would be instantly illegitimately in terms of power. With that many deaths a president would have to resign just from the public outcry and rioting.

How is it the president's fault if the state and local authorities perform poorly in an emergency? I know people blamed Bush for Katrina but I never understood that either when it is the state and local officials who are on-site and have the authority and responsibility for their citizens. Furthermore, some responsibility rests with the citizens themselves to be aware and get themselves out of harm's way in a timely manner.

Please explain how those people on the side of the road are the responsibility of the president?

On topic: I've noticed the same thing about the media over the past few years. They seem to worship at the altar of government, the bigger and more intrusive, the better in their eyes.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Are those the only options?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Blame the people. Evacuate does not mean jump on I95. It means get out of the immediate area, There are plenty of shelters available in every county. Florida's governor has been warning not to try to drive out of state due to the gas shortages. Just because you didn't hear the news doesn't mean the warning didn't come. You can't hold them responsible for people being very stupid.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Speaking as a third party observant:

Your country (the great U.S.A.) has failed. Not because of you. But because of the ones who own and control the financial infrastructure and hence; presidents, government, a.k.a. agencies etc..

What you all need to do and it's up to your free will is to negate the situation by planking in front of the fed. res. bank and do no more. Drink water, eat when neccessary and do no more. Do no more. Do no more. I don't need to say it again?

Like I said, it's up to you all to make the decision.

Just have love for everyone, even the ones screwing you around.

The system your country lives in is the most beastiality of all systems.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: Gothmog

That's why I didn't want to offer examples. I'm not talking about the mistakes mate. I'm talking about the lack of press coverage against the state.

I used the gas as an example to illustrate my point.

I am a reporter who worked through many hurricanes. There were hundreds of them all over Houston! What are you talking about?

Oh vey.

I didn't want this to become a hurricane thread.

It's a thread about the media.

Florida is not Texas, it's a giant peninsula with two roads in and out of it. TWO. You can't leave late, you can only leave early, if you're in Naples or Miami on Saturday, you die if it hits you direct. Texas there are roads in every direction and a means to leave north east and west.

Reporters did not stay.

new topics

top topics

join