It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Appears That Out-of-State Voters Changed the Outcome of the New Hampshire U.S. Senate Race

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
Why is this a partisan issue?

A question many would love to have an answer to.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Xcathdra

More than 5,000 out-of-state voters may have tipped New Hampshire against Trump

Same Day Voter Registration

Washington Times is even less reliable than Brietbart and that's really saying something.

Besides the fact that you still have to prove the allegation these "reporters" are making. Ask yourself a simpler question, how feasible is it that someone organized 5000+ people to illegally vote, and that they've kept it a secret?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You didnt read the articles I see... The Reporters arent making the claim.. The Speaker of the New Hampshire legislature is.

New Hampshire House Speaker Shawn Jasper, a Republican, issued the numbers Thursday based on inquiries he made to the Department of State, which oversees elections, and the Department of Safety.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Another day, another thread claiming that "massive voter fraud" is proven by the continual efforts that States go through to keep their voter rolls as accurate as possible.

NothingBurger, now serving 24/7.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Another day, another thread claiming that "massive voter fraud" is proven by the continual efforts that States go through to keep their voter rolls as accurate as possible.

So you are totally good with me going to NH and voting there? Awesome!

What is wrong with just making sure everything is beyond reproach? How do you explain more votes than people registered in some areas?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It just occurred to me the writer of the Breitbart article is Kris Kobach himself.

This is such a joke.

'Voter fraud! We need to implement voter ID to save ourselves!'
'They all had to show ID in order to vote.'
'...'
'...'
'Voter fraud! Stolen election!!!1!'

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Based on information provided by the New Hampshire Speaker of the House.

Is he a liar to and if so why are you continually ignoring the fact it came from him and not any Breitbart writers?

The only ones claiming stolen election are the idiots who think Russia changed the outcome in Trumps favor. The ones claiming voter fraud, like Trump, are being proven correct with, once again, the left being in denial.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's one of the many hilarious things about the claims made. They were made and propogated by people who could very, very easily discover the truth due to their positions. The Speaker can ask the Secretary of State (who is also on the Trump election commission) where all these voters are and Kobach can ask the Secretary of State where all these voters are. In fact, New Hampshire Public Radio did all the hard work for them, 7 months ago:

Where Were Out-of-State IDs Used to Vote in New Hampshire Last November?

Overall, the towns that see the highest rates of out-of-state IDs used at the polls are all home to college campuses: the University of New Hampshire (Durham, with some spillover in Dover and Portsmouth), Dartmouth (Hanover and Lebanon), Keene State University (Keene), Franklin Pierce University (Rindge), Plymouth State University (Plymouth), Saint Anselm University (near the border of Goffstown and Manchester), New England College (Henniker) and Southern New Hampshire University (Hooksett).

The data is directly from the New Hampshire Secretary of State who is a phone call (at most) away from both Kris Kobach and the Speaker. It's perfectly legal for college students to vote in New Hampshire elections so long as they don't also vote in their home state.

Again, from the NHPR article:

This data doesn't do anything to prove, on its own, that New Hampshire's elections are being infiltrated and influenced by out-of-state voters trying to game the results.

Even the Secretary of State for New Hampshire was quoted, just yesterday:

When asked if he had any reason to doubt the legitimacy of last year’s election outcome, Gardner replied: “No.”

I don't blame you, OP, I blame the ineptitude of both Kris Kobach and the New Hampshire Speaker. However, you could've done a modicum of research on the topic and found the same 7 month old article that I did.

Shockingly (or not) these claims are only being made in New Hampshire where Clinton and Hassan won by a thin margin, yet they aren't being made in Michigan, where Trump won by an even thinner margin. It's almost like Kobach has an agenda.

If you, or anyone else, has the time and inclination, you can look over all the data yourself:

docs.google.com...=791932556

mediad.publicbroadcasting.net...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

They did which is why the info was released and why some media outlets wrote articles about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Where Were Out-of-State IDs Used to Vote in New Hampshire Last November?

Overall, the towns that see the highest rates of out-of-state IDs used at the polls are all home to college campuses: the University of New Hampshire (Durham, with some spillover in Dover and Portsmouth), Dartmouth (Hanover and Lebanon), Keene State University (Keene), Franklin Pierce University (Rindge), Plymouth State University (Plymouth), Saint Anselm University (near the border of Goffstown and Manchester), New England College (Henniker) and Southern New Hampshire University (Hooksett).

The data is directly from the New Hampshire Secretary of State who is a phone call (at most) away from both Kris Kobach and the Speaker. It's perfectly legal for college students to vote in New Hampshire elections so long as they don't also vote in their home state.

Exactly as I speculated in an earlier post.

5,000 votes is too small a pool, in any case, if you intended to rig an election. You're going to want your candidate to win even if the odds suddenly turn against them, so you need to buy or confirm over half the votes in the state.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Except in this case people using an out of state id to vote fill out a special ballot so its easy to go back and audit.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
5,000 votes is too small a pool, in any case, if you intended to rig an election. You're going to want your candidate to win even if the odds suddenly turn against them, so you need to buy or confirm over half the votes in the state.

Not necessarily half, with good polling you can likely identify the states that are going to be won with margins under 1% and focus your efforts there. If something is going to split 49.5/50.5, then if you can rig 0.75% of the votes, you'll win 50.25 to 49.75. In New Hampshire, they have a 1.3 million population, and more importantly, had a turnout of 538,000. If you can win by that type of margin that's 4000 people, which should be enough to avoid a runoff and votes being looked at closely.

I think the bigger issue, is that if you have thousands of people organized and ready to commit voter fraud, you're simply not going to keep that a secret. Information will get out and the election will be declared compromised. Keeping a secret with 2 people is hard, when thousands are involved, it's going to be impossible.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

So you are totally good with me going to NH and voting there? Awesome!

What is wrong with just making sure everything is beyond reproach? How do you explain more votes than people registered in some areas?

Sure you can! It's well-known..

Since Election Day, Republicans have charged that a significant number of nonresident Democrats, principally from Massachusetts, flowed into New Hampshire to vote illegally, tilting a close race to their party.

“Having worked before on a campaign in New Hampshire, I can tell you that this issue of busing voters into New Hampshire is widely known by anyone who’s worked in New Hampshire politics. It’s very real. It’s very serious. This morning, on this show, is not the venue for me to lay out all the evidence,” White House policy adviser Stephen Miller told ABC News in February.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's always the DNC Busing and herding illegal voters. They don't ever want any full proof way of voting.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I think the bigger issue, is that if you have thousands of people organized and ready to commit voter fraud, you're simply not going to keep that a secret. Information will get out and the election will be declared compromised. Keeping a secret with 2 people is hard, when thousands are involved, it's going to be impossible.

I dunno, to me gerrymandering is voter fraud, maybe they're just trying to circumvent an already fraudulent act.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Right, because no one could ever fake an ID....

Fool-proof, that's funny in this context.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I dunno, to me gerrymandering is voter fraud, maybe they're just trying to circumvent an already fraudulent act.

How is gerrymandering voter fraud?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

How is it voter fraud? Tell me this, if there are two districts split roughly 50/50 in population, then with any combination they elect, 50% of the people will be unhappy. If you gerrymander those districts so that it's more like an 80/20 split in each one, then more people can have a representative that represents them.

It seems to me like the exact opposite of voter fraud. It's a way to give more people representatives that agree with their views.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Doctor Smith

Right, because no one could ever fake an ID....

Fool-proof, that's funny in this context.

Their are ways of making it full proof. Can someone easily get into your 401K, Bank account? Or steal a Bitcoin? No. They have Hologram technology now. If they wanted they could have tamper proof elections.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Are you kidding me?

The parties are the ones who get to draw the voter lines. If they need more votes in a district, then they draw the lines that give them the votes. That is exactly what gerrymandering is, and it is fraudulent....I fail to see the confusion, it's not benefitting anyone but the party drawing the lines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join