It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook's Russia problem: What we know

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

No it's just confirming that Russia interfered like the IC has been saying all along.
No one is blaming Facebook. Don't be stupid.

I guess I didn't realize how "gullible" people on facebook are.
I view facebook(twitter,snapchat, ect) as this generations bathroom wall. Anyone can write on it and when the owner gets tired of the bs they can clean it up.
As this is the only actual released proof of "russian interference" does anyone know how many ads 100k will get you on facebook?
Is facebook going to face any repercussions for allowing "russian interference"? By running the ads is facebook a party to "russian interference"?
hillary showed she couldnt handle modern communication devices, I guess we shouldnt be surprised she didnt understand the importance of social media as well
trump,zuckerburg,and "russia" were too much for her........that or people just dont like her...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I have nothing to do with social media.

From what I hear, I made the right choice.

Lol what are you on right now son? You're not doing a very good job of avoiding social media.
In fact you've been on social media since 2011 at least.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 4zoopar

Not that you'll see this but. No they seeded the site with fake political ads that were then shared over and over. Many ended up here on ATS too.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Don't you mean species-ist? Dog and cat aren't races. Lol.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

How convenient.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Facebook didn't seem to have a problem cashing the checks..........
or denying the ads were even placed by Russia. Until Mueller contacted them.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I wonder how many Internet Research Agency people signed up for membership here.
I remember a host of trolls who's accounts were terminated within minutes sometimes but surely within a day of being created who brought link after link to fake news, memes and propaganda supporting Russia.
I called out a few but they always disappeared before answering.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

They were ads that were professional looking not opinions posted by Facebook members. It was advertising. They paid for.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sort of like the male enhancement ads?

So are all those buying political ads going to be looked at because of this? That would be within Muellers scope would it not?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Facebook officials estimated that of all the “civic content” posted on the site in connection with the United States election, less than one-tenth of one percent resulted from “information operations” like the Russian campaign.

I am supposed to believe this had more impact than "the basket of deplorables" comment?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That comment likely caused Hillary the election. Every Trump supporter has many family members that would have supported Hillary had Hillary not make that comment.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: aquaM

Next we will be told some "russian" infiltrated her campaign and wrote that line for her.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Predictable.

Sad, but 100% predictable...

NO ONE wants to admit their perception of reality MAY have been influenced by propaganda shared and spread around on social media...

THAT is what it really comes down to. The, "I'm to smart to be misled by a foreign psyop, so it didn't actually happen!"

Denial. It's NOT just a river in Egypt.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Ah, your so right... look at the influence the Russians had.

Anti-Trump Crowd Flies A Communist Flag During Protest

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Communist party is a rival party of Putin's United Russia.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Predictable.

Sad, but 100% predictable...

NO ONE wants to admit their perception of reality MAY have been influenced by propaganda shared and spread around on social media...

THAT is what it really comes down to. The, "I'm to smart to be misled by a foreign psyop, so it didn't actually happen!"

Denial. It's NOT just a river in Egypt.

Only if the dnc was in on the "psyop" by running hillary, cause you know she was and will continue to be the most likable candidate in election history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join