It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renowned climate scientist jailed for fraud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now we see yet another Climate "Scientist" in trouble.

This time it's somebody named Daniel Michael Alongi from Australia.

He apparently defrauded an employer by conning them out of a half a million dollars !!

Not good for the "Climate Science" agenda.

An obvious conspiracy to defraud anybody who will listen.

Renowned climate scientist jailed for fraud

A RENOWNED climate scientist has been jailed for fraudulently claiming half a million dollars in reimbursements from his employer.

Over seven years, Australian Institute of Marine Science senior researcher Daniel Michael Alongi lodged 129 claims for fictitious purchases totalling $553,420.

When police caught up with him in 2015, he told them he had spent the money on rare and antique books.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You really need to love and respect the new religious leaders that have come around as of Al Gore.

The power they wield is highly reminiscent of the likes of Scientology and Joel Olesteen.

edit on 7-9-2017 by FHomerK because: Being OCD is a blessing, it truly is.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How much time is he going to do?

He won't have to worry about climate change in a cell

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't think this should have any impact on his prior scientific work, since that's not the reason he's been done for fraud.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That's one scientist out of thousands and hundreds of thousands if you include support personnel, interns, data analysts, researchers etc.

That doesn't really effect anything. The "scientists" outed as being paid and bought by big oil companies more than cancels this out.

Next.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Is the evidence undeniable!

That reminds me, I must follow up on the fortunes of George Mason University climatologist Jagadish Shukla. That's the guy that was coining it big time, and all the while was creating petitions against the like of oil people, with the aim of suing them, who denied that climate change...or the older version, was real.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
Con man cons climate con.

lulz

link   
A) I have ever heard of him (so not that "renowned")

B) his convicton has nothing to do with climate research

So?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Love the attempt at trying to connect a guy who commits financial fraud against an employer with scientific research lol.

Careful you don't throw a shoulder with all the reaching you're doing, Xue.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
A) I have ever heard of him (so not that "renowned")

So?

So it's a spin piece.

Shocked?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Wonder if he was using the money to buy rare and antique books on Climate Change.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

No ...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What the hell does this one guy being a crook have to do with Climate science? He was just some tool stealing from his boss by claiming false purchases. You can find guys like this in every field.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So?

That might not be strictly true. Some or many of the false payments were supposedly for 'scientific tests' so, if those tests were never done, that could bring into question his credibilty as a scientist, or at least the credibility of the work he was supposed to be doing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I just finished reading a piece over at WUWT that basically echo's what you say . A good read on what and how things are being taught to the next generation of scientists .

It’s propaganda—dogmatic as any religion. It’s my 5th year since heading west for my engineering degree. This year I’m taking a handful of great little petroleum classes, and finishing off my geology minor. Of course, it’s my geology class that is giving me a headache. A mineral resource course sounds pretty straightforward… except of course our professor managed to turn it into a climate change/ humans are killing everything/ we’re all going to die class. We even have a section of the class towards the end of the semester dedicated to social justice, because that’s why I’m getting a science degree. In retrospect, I should have known what I was getting into when I looked around and saw several students with either half shaved heads or hair colors that in nature scream “I’m toxic”. It’s gonna be a fun semester, and I’ll try to keep you updated.
wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

So?

That might not be strictly true. Some or many of the false payments were supposedly for 'scientific tests' so, if those tests were never done, that could bring into question his credibilty as a scientist, or at least the credibility of the work he was supposed to be doing.

Amazing how a post like this gets starred.

The guy's credibility in general is a huge question mark because he's a crook. But unless you're claiming that you have evidence that a far larger number of climate scientists are crooks than in other industries or that this guy authored a particularly influential study that has yet to be peer reviewed (which in and of itself is a contradiction), it's goofy to jump to the conclusion that this has any bearing on "climate science."
edit on 7-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

So?

Amazing how a post like this gets starred.

The guy's credibility in general is a huge question mark because he's a crook. But unless you're claiming that you have evidence that a far larger number of climate scientists are crooks than in other industries or that this guy authored a particularly influential study that has yet to be peer reviewed (which in and of itself is a contradiction), it's goofy to jump to the conclusion that this has any bearing on "climate science."

Huh! I think you are away in another place, I'm talking about the man and the credibility of his work...okay?

'Tis thee who is jumping the gun.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So?

Ergo global warming a fraud

It just a very silly straw man.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Over seven years, Australian Institute of Marine Science senior researcher Daniel Michael Alongi lodged 129 claims for fictitious purchases totalling $553,420.

When police caught up with him in 2015, he told them he had spent the money on rare and antique books.

If I were the Judge, I would acquit him on the strength of that admission. A man after my own heart.

On the other hand, since he transferred the cash into assets, rather than squizzing the lot on hookers and blow, the sale of his prized library will go some way toward repaying his thievery, so it's good either way.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This scientist entire work before this arrest is now in question. Its liek a Prosecutor being found to be dirty. all his previous convictions might be over turned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join